Nintendo Switch 2 announced by Nintendo

​


After months of countless leaks, Nintendo has finally lifted the curtain on the highly anticipated successor to the Nintendo Switch.

In a short teaser trailer we are given a brief look the new system unsurprisingly titled the Nintendo Switch 2. We also get a glimpse at a new Mario Kart game running on the system and confirmation of backwards compatilbility with Nintendo Switch software and game cards.

We also see the new joycons being pushed along like a traditional computer mouse, further fueling the rumor that the joycons will support a "mouse mode".

switch2 (1).pngswitch2 (2).pngswitch2 (3).pngswitch2 (4).pngswitch2 (5).pngswitch2 (6).pngswitch2 (7).pngswitch2 (8).pngswitch2 (9).pngswitch2 (10).png


Alongside the new trailer, a Nintendo Direct focused on Switch 2 has also been announced for April 2nd.

:arrow: Nintendo announcement

We have also opened our Nintendo Switch 2 discussion forums at the link below for all future discussion for Nintendo's newest system!

:arrow: Nintendo Switch 2 discussion forums
 
this is not a wii u situation, its a gameboy color situation
So a slight improvement?

It's not as if Nintendo needs to worry too much about the hardware as long as they have a solid library of exclusive games which is what makes Nintendo consoles worth buying.
 
this is such a...nothing announcement. maybe theyll announce more interesting things later. or maybe im just not a child anymore.

my brother and i have been waiting to homebrew our switch until it gets a successor, so i guess this means we'll get to do that now...
 
  • Like
Reactions: felix.200
Mario Kart 9 will have a ton of MTX coming before it's a complete product, so it's easy to wait on that one.

For the single player game (snore), sure. But if you intend to play MK9 online and be better-than-average competitive, you should get in on release day. Mind you I'm not recommending that you torture yourself and waste your time, but if you're gonna do it, do it right lol.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Xzi
For the single player game (snore), sure. But if you intend to play MK9 online and be better-than-average competitive, you should get in on release day. Mind you I'm not recommending that you torture yourself and waste your time, but if you're gonna do it, do it right lol.
Yeah that's not a series, or a genre for that matter, I've ever truly engaged with competitively. I am really enjoying Victory Heat Rally a few races at a time, though.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Hanafuda
For the single player game (snore), sure. But if you intend to play MK9 online and be better-than-average competitive, you should get in on release day. Mind you I'm not recommending that you torture yourself and waste your time, but if you're gonna do it, do it right lol.
why lol

why not wait a little to see if the game is even worth playing instead of giving in to FOMO...? if its good and it lasts as long being relevant as mario kart 8 then youll have plenty of time to practice anyway, lol

...actually, its only now dawned on me that mario kart 8 released nearly 11 years ago. its so old that i first read about it on club nintendo/nintendo power...jesus
 
I really wasn't expecting it to be called switch 2. In fact, I was expecting anything but that. I guess ninty's marketing team ran out of steam trying to come up with a unique name for it. Even the logo is kinda "lazy". But to be fair, the name is suitable given that it's practically an upgraded version of the switch and the physical design remains fundamentally the same.

I hope we get to customize our backgrounds this time. Or least give us more than just black or white. One reason folks use CFW is because it allows us a high level of visual customization.....if they are that against it, then they should provide such options themselves.

Though my most important concern is how soon we will be able to use CFW with it, if at all. If not possible, I predict modded switches and the V1 are going to rise in value.
 
I really wasn't expecting it to be called switch 2. In fact, I was expecting anything but that. I guess ninty's marketing team ran out of steam trying to come up with a unique name for it. Even the logo is kinda "lazy". But to be fair, the name is suitable given that it's practically an upgraded version of the switch and the physical design remains fundamentally the same.

I hope we get to customize our backgrounds this time. Or least give us more than just black or white. One reason folks use CFW is because it allows us a high level of visual customization.....if they are that against it, then they should provide such options themselves.

Though my most important concern is how soon we will be able to use CFW with it, if at all. If not possible, I predict modded switches and the V1 are going to rise in value.
it *is* very lazy, as someone who is studying graphic design-- sure, sometimes less is more, but this was just moving elements around in illustrator. theres way more that couldve been done here.

...that being said, doing logo work is some of the most mind-numbing, emotionally draining things you can do (at least for me) so hopefully the designers didnt have to do much work and got paid a good wage.

its a little sad how the overall design for these things has gotten more lifeless over the years-- The Wii and 3DS and Wii U had all these little details both in their presentation and their UIs that gave the consoles more personality...but since the switch era, they dont anymore... we never got custom themes or badges like we did with the 3DS, we barely even got limited editions... compare how many special/limited editions there were of the switch to how many we got for the 3DS.
 
Yeah, it feels like the announcement of the New Nintendo 3DS XL. This whole video screams "incremental update". But I'll get it anyway.
No specs bump in 8 years so an update like this, incremental or not, is welcome.
Post automatically merged:

wait, the direct is in APRIL?????? NO FUCKING WAY, THEY MEANT FEBRUARY, RIGHT
A final Switch direct is scheduled in February + Pokemon Day.
 
  • Like
Reactions: cigarra
Just another revision of the original Switch.

They should've just called it "Switch-i" or ""New" Nintendo Switch".

I think an iPad could easily defeat this "console" in performance, resolution, battery life, build quality, etc.
An Ipad could theoretically defeat the Switch 2.... in 5 minutes after throttling down due to heat.

Besides, even RE7 flopped hard on IOS with only 2000 copies sold. Expect HD games to exit from the platform.
Post automatically merged:

Investors are not impressed:
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/nintendo-finally-unveiled-long-awaited-082058357.html

View attachment 480956

After the covid summit and the 4 years of consumer fatigue due to aging hardware, we finally reached another summit before the announcement, but investors look chill. Time will tell.



My dear, if you remove Valve, Anbernic, GPD, Lenovo, Ayn and so on, sure, hybrid market is absolutely not crowded.

Without gimmick, I am really afraid they are cooked.
Was Iwata the one and only innovative mind in this company ?
The way I see it, that's just your typical "Buy the rumor, Sell the news" bullshit from stock traders.
 

Site & Scene News