Vader-noooo.gif

Ricken

Searching for the air to breathe~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whoa
Did it really sell that badly? I seriously just blame the release time being so close to the Xbone and the PS4

lafleche

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
No matter what they say it will always be one of my favorite consoles!!!
it is a undervalued little machine.
What current console can play wiiu (not a lot but the Ninty exclusives alone are great), wii (mario galaxy is still amazing looking), gamecube (when vwii is modded), a sh*itload of wii virtual console and wiiware games and then I forget the emulators for all snes/nes/some n64 games? Almost the complete Nintendo console library is at your disposal when owning a wiiu (and you pirate a little of course).

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whoa
Did it really sell that badly? I seriously just blame the release time being so close to the Xbone and the PS4

It was out a whole year before the Xbone and PS4, in fact it had been released before either had been officially announced.

It's sad, it really is. The Wii U really is a fantastic device with a library of a lot of truly amazing games, many of the best games of this generation were exclusive to the Wii U. Still without being powerful enough to sustain that 3rd party support, it was pretty much doomed for (commercial) failure. Can't imagine how different the console would have fared if it was what Nintendo had released as direct competition with the PS3 and 360 back in '06. I suspect not all of the technology was really there back then for that to be possible, or if it was, the console would have ended up costing more than the competition. Still if it managed to come out back then and at a fair price point, it could have been the greatest console ever, with a huge and varied library. I still think that there is a lot of untapped potential and promise in asymmetrical gameplay, and its a real shame that overall developers only really scratched the surface of what kind of gameplay that could have brought. I do hope we see more games that could play on the Wii U or a setup like the Wii U in the future.

Reactions: Ricken

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary

foob

Trophies
XP
Country
"Nintendo will end Wii U production this Friday, multiple sources have confirmed to Eurogamer."

Since it is false, I wonder who these 'multiple sources' are and why they are intent on talking rubbish to Eurogamer to get this 'news' out. It makes no business sense whatsoever. From all console manufacturers we have always seen the older unit selling for years while the Hot New Thing is out, finding its feet.

The only motive I can see is to get The Sheeple in panic-buying mode to get the unit before a big discount (which it needs, IMO).

Last edited by foob,

_v3

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Why is Eurogamer even a thing anymore??? They keep on spreading dumb fake rumors just to get views (or clicks), so freakin' desperate...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 24,000 hmmmm lol