fadafwet

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
thanks for checking this out for me
It is a 32 GB model that I bought on launch day of the wiiu
So from what I understand it might be a hardware issue not just some file corruption
Do you haves guides on what the steps I should do next because I have no idea how to do the hard mod ou are talking about and really not comfortable on doing soldering

Last edited by fadafwet,

SDIO

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You would need to open up your Wii U (take care to not rip the Disc Drive cable) and solder thin wires to these vias: https://wiiubrew.org/wiki/File:EMMC_pinout_WiiU.jpg. You also need to cut the CLK trace between the two pads and solder a wire to each of the pads.
That's the hardest part. Then you either need a compatible card reader and a Micro SD to SD adapter to sacrifice. You would open the card adapter and solder the other end of the wires to it (using the CLK on the eMMC side). Then we can use that to dump the eMMC to the PC. The PC will see it as an sdcard. I like to use a raspberry pi instead of a card reader as it gives more control than a USB card reader.
Then you would remove the card adapter / raspberry pi and instead solder another micro SD to SD adapter to the Wires, but this time to the pins on the outside of the adapter and using the clk signal comming from the SoC. This will then act as an micro sd slot, where you can then put a 32gb micro sd with the written back and fixed image of the eMMC.

But the vias are quite small. You need to be careful to not damage them by heating to long. Use enough flux and don't heat them for to long. After soldering I would recommend to use hot glue or something like that for stress relief, so that you don't accidentally rip them out. I also used magnet wire, because it bends easily and therefore doesn't put much stress on the solder joins.
Maybe practice on something else first.

Also did you see what I added to my last post?
Post automatically merged:

MEDIA ERROR, 32GB, launch day, hynix. Yeah you have won the bad eMMC bingo.

fadafwet

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I do not have a rasberry pie
I think this stuff is out of my league
I will need to do much reading and watch many tutorial and test before give that a try
I think its too risky for a newbie like me

It is a shame that it broke like this, and I really take care of my consoles
thank you for your help

SDIO

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I mean it's already broken and micro soldering is a useful skill to have. And you never know if you can't do it before you try.
Using an old PCB you no longer need to practice a few times before is still recommended. The hardest thing is, soldering these 6 wires. Everything after that is pretty easy. We can guide you through it.
Tin the end of the magnet wire (takes a moment to burn of the isolation), put flux on the via, tin the via and then hold the wire to via and just heat it up for 1-2 seconds. There is no magic, only flux.

fille

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I just gona give you some advice,give it to someone who has soldering skills,atm its fixable,but if you never soldered,don't try it.
You just gona kill the system to unrepairable,its not a bit soldering,for this you need skills,simpy as that.
If you wanna try soldering,buy a broken pcb from some electronic device,but not try to repair a console that is fixable.
Maybe TheCod3r,he's on youtube,or voultar or some decent repair shop,but on y6our comments you writed here,you have not the skills.
Just ask what the costs are,you have to decide cause it will cost some money,much work and difficult.

Reactions: fadafwet

xXRedxSlugXx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I've got an issue where my wii u freezes soon after booting. I can sometimes make it to the settings and can consistantly get to user selection. I was going to switch from using haxchi to tiramisu but couldn't get the browser to load (106-2203). I assume that's nand corruption? I was able to dump the nand and pull the logs before the freezing started. Kinda just lost at what to do now?

xXRedxSlugXx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also I've been reading and it looks like I need to dump the MLC too? I've pissed around with the wii u enough and got far enough to load up nand dumper again and I'm currently doing a new dump with the MLC.

btw I edited my last post with the logs in a zip

SDIO

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If you edit, I don't get a notification, so I will miss it. Also if you double post, I won't get a notification for the second post because of the auto merge.

You have MEDIA ERRORs on mlc01 -> failing eMMC.

If you are using the standard nand dumper included in Tiramisu, then you need to be carefull and immidetly remove power, when it finishes, so the wii u doesn't boot again and write.

We have a tutorial with all the tools linked here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/160-0103-error.636361/

xXRedxSlugXx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm just using the wii u nand dumper from the homebrew app store. I never had CBHC or tiramisu installed, I just have been using the manual haxchi start for sigpatches. If any of that matters.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and good morning everyone
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BakerMan, his partner is Luke
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Sup nerds
    +1
  • Flame @ Flame:
    oh hi, Sickly
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh hi flame
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @K3Nv2 what was your ps4 situation
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you always have a ps4 you never updated
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or were you able to get new ps4 tracking it \
    as soon as the hack was announced
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or did you have to find a used one with the lower firm ware that was not updated
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got this ps4 at launch and never updated since 9.0
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask for a Pic of fw and telling them not to update
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask...