Hacking Nintendo Report $762,000,000 Lost Due To Piracy

blueraja

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think this is skewed more towards the China cart pirates than the homebrew/flashcart community. While im sure there are plenty of loosers who just pirate everything. I have actually ended up buying more games for my DS because of my flash cart and based on the others I know with Flash Carts I know im not alone. I would even be willing to bet that if you compared flash cart users vs non-flash cart users you would the average number of games owned higher with the flash cart owners. I have 18 games for my DS so far, with about a dozen more out now that I want to get. Games like Phoenix Wright, Lost in Blue, Hotel Dusk and even Cooking Mama I would never have picked up based on the box, but after trying them I craved owning the orignals.

modshroom128

Trophies
Website
modshroom128.imgur.com
XP
Country
United States
@modshroom128

I'm Chinese...do you hate me?
depends
wink.gif

are you the kind of chinnese guy behind the counter offering to sell me a "400 GAMES IN 1 GBA CART"!!! where 300 of the games are just super mario bros with different pixel colors.

or this?

... but seriously this shit just pisses me off: http://www.consolemad.co.uk/shop/component...40f1d3d6e3d.jpg

if not.... then no, i dont hate you.
smile.gif

modshroom128

Trophies
Website
modshroom128.imgur.com
XP
Country
United States
Gctonyhawk is a Nintendo employee?! WTF?!

hey links, (m3 forum
wink.gif
)

ya, he is.

didn't find it on the member list
http://www.m3-forum.com/memberlist.php?mod...=ASC&start=1565

only him http://www.m3-forum.com/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=1127
but he is here on GBAtemp http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showuser=41578
And is a student born in 1990.

nintendo is hiring people under 18 in secret ?
ph34r.gif

Or maybe he's not registered as member on the M3 forum only as guest.
OH SNAP. I actually used a wallpaper designed by him for my M3.
just about everyone uses his wallpaper... hese a photoshop god.

kdanarch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah, eBay. There's nothing quite like a bargain, nothing at all!

cart1hx1.jpg

Wait a second...

cart2jw1.jpg

SON OF A BITCH!!!

cart3di4.jpg

Fucking NIntondo.

I got one of these from Malaysia like Final Fantasy VI. I sent the seller an email being like hey, punk, I didn't get an instruction manual. It ends up I did; the instruction manual was 3 pages of self-referential tripe talking about the SNES version. I'm gonna try to find similar proof and take pictures
smile.gif
Should be fun.

The ironic thing is that from the front of the cart it looks like Final Fantasy V. Pics forthcoming.

NMorgan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ya, instead of being "Nintendo", it's "NIntondo".

XD
It's always amazed me how similar these cartridges look to the real ones, yet they still manage to somehow spell Nintendo wrong. Seriously, all the effort put into making the cartridges, manufacturing them, etc., and you'd think they'd at least spell NINTENDO correctly. Jesus fucking christ!

TLSpartan

Kills threads
Trophies
XP
Country
I think modshroom128 might have meant chink, as in chink in a chain, not as a racial slur(hehe slur's a funny word). Or he could be a rascist

Ben_j

Trophies
Website
www.nintendo-gamers.net
XP
Country
France
And as always, Nintendo is figuring their numbers from a point of "if you pirate it, you are taking away the $50 that you would have spent on the game when you bought it".

A) Who says we pay full price, there are these things called sales. Only 1 or 2 of my 10 Wii games so far were bought at full price.

B) That's assuming that they'd even buy the game. It could be a mediocre game that they would have never bought in the first place but since it's free they thought they'd at least check it out once and realize they weren't missing anything and chuck it. Or they might not even been able to afford the game in the first place and therefore no loss.

Now I'm not saying piracy is right, I'm just saying that these numbers of imaginary made up numbers of lost imaginary money is bull.

ZOMG! Due to the interwebs, we've lost 700 gajillion-bazillion barney dollars! ZOMG!

I think they were talking about factories making false games that are then sold as genuine games. Not download piracy...

Nicky33

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
nforcet.free.fr
XP
Country
France
QUOTE said:
i bought my wii about 3 weeks ago and honestly if i couldnt have my wii modded then i wouldnt have bought it in the first place...i dont pirate games to sell them. i just pirate games because i dont have the income to buy games and i love nintendo. So i think that alot of people who pirate games are only doing so because they dont have the money to buy them and the people that pirate to sell the games arent doing nintendo any good frown.gif

so IMO pirateing is neither right or wrong...it just depends on your living style

HHHAHAHAHAHA So IMO Armed bank robery is neither right or wrong... it justs depends on your living style !

EvoTroy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah so, if I couldn't mod my Wii, I wouldn't have bought one at all and Nintendo wouldn't have made that $5 profit from me buying the console. I don't have the money to blow on all these games, but I don't mind getting some extra accessories, they make a lot of money of those. If I wasn't going to buy the game in the first place, Nintendo isn't losing anything. If I catch myself playing it enough, I'll probably go buy it. Besides, at least I own a Wii and Nintendo knows that there is a chance that I just MIGHT go buy a game.

Piracy is pretty much only illegal if you sell it for profit...

OrR

Rice-megatron Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Ya, instead of being "Nintendo", it's "NIntondo".

XD

It's always amazed me how similar these cartridges look to the real ones, yet they still manage to somehow spell Nintendo wrong. Seriously, all the effort put into making the cartridges, manufacturing them, etc., and you'd think they'd at least spell NINTENDO correctly. Jesus fucking christ!
They must be doing that on purpose... But what purpose? Can't be that they are afraid of the Trademark... Maybe they put their own unique spelling on there as sort of there own brand?
That NIntunDon game I bought was crap, it didn't even save! However, the N33ntindu ones are always of good quality.
rofl2.gif

plexo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol im sure them seized copy of wii games will be sold on as real 1's since they are pressed pmsl

they calculated that loss just from the chinese silver factory's, they are excluding people selling burnt copys, at home, schools, colleges, universitys, markets, car boots the lot

fact is there will always be piracy, try to stop it and it will bite u in the ass 10 times harder, stop it with your security on discs and stop fucking whining on about it you get nothing back!

hows that sound nintendo

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Yummy yummy :rofl2: