Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
wow! Thats alot of money! I bet sony lose way more tho
tongue.gif

"
Nintendo just released an official statement that explains how pirate copies of games affect the market & hurst the gaming companies.

In four years, 7.7 millions copies of video games have been seized in 300 chinese factories. We can understand the bitterness of Nintendo, that released its official statement to show how the United States of America is working with them to fight piracy.

With all these illegal copies seized, only one lawsuit has been filed in China for software piracy. Nintendo finds this situation scandalous.
They want this situation to stop and they want China to finally put their pirates in jail instead of giving them a small fine.

This is what pushed Nintendo to complaint to USA about this situation and request help to force China to react on this situation. Nintendo also wants to complaint to Hong Kong, Brasil, Mexico and Paraguay.

Nintendo says that this “piracy factory” is huge. The money lost in piracy is estimated to be 762 million dollars, which is completly unacceptable."

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
And as always, Nintendo is figuring their numbers from a point of "if you pirate it, you are taking away the $50 that you would have spent on the game when you bought it".

A) Who says we pay full price, there are these things called sales. Only 1 or 2 of my 10 Wii games so far were bought at full price.

B) That's assuming that they'd even buy the game. It could be a mediocre game that they would have never bought in the first place but since it's free they thought they'd at least check it out once and realize they weren't missing anything and chuck it. Or they might not even been able to afford the game in the first place and therefore no loss.

Now I'm not saying piracy is right, I'm just saying that these numbers of imaginary made up numbers of lost imaginary money is bull.

ZOMG! Due to the interwebs, we've lost 700 gajillion-bazillion barney dollars! ZOMG!

lagman

I wish I was green.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
They can´t lose money due to piracy, however they may "stop earning".

QUOTE said:
 Â
Japanese video game maker Nintendo raised its sales and profit forecasts for the fourth time on Thursday for the business year just ended, thanks to robust demand for its DS handheld games, sending its shares higher.

The company said sales totaled about $8.1 billion for the year ended March 31, up from its previous forecast of $7.58 billion, and compared with a consensus of $7.82 billion in a poll of 17 analysts by Reuters Estimates.

In its third earnings revision for the year, announced in January, Nintendo said it expected an operating profit of 185 billion yen and net profit of 120 billion yen, both of which would already be record numbers.

It plans to report actual profit figures when it announces its annual earnings on April 26.

"Merchandise does not move in the January-March quarter--that is the norm in this industry," Nintendo spokesman Yasuhiro Minagawa said. "But ours somehow did."

Nintendo also said on Thursday it now expects a foreign exchange-related profit of $168.5 million for the 2006-07 business year, rather than its previous forecast of an $84.2 million loss.

Following the midday announcement, shares in Nintendo erased a morning loss and closed up 2.1 percent at 34,350 yen, outperforming the Nikkei average, which lost 0.3 percent.

The stock has nearly doubled over the last 12 months, while the Nikkei remained virtually flat.

SOURCE: ZDNET

modshroom128

Trophies
Website
modshroom128.imgur.com
XP
Country
United States
They can´t lose money due to piracy, however they may "stop earning".

who says i was going to buy the fucking game to begin with... its not like if i wouldint have pirated wing island, i would have bought it.

Smack

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
but the chinks make fake bootleg pokemon games and overprice them in their markets...
tongue.gif

Am I missing something here cause that is about the most racist thing I have heard in some time! Not cool.

lagmanThey can´t lose money due to piracy, however they may "stop earning".
Oh they very much lose money. Having modded my Wii sure there are games I have I would never have ever spent money on but there are some that I would. ie: Nintendo loses sales

But more so, the whole meat and potatoes of this is that the piracy discussed in the original article is about redistributing a copywriten product for profit. This practise is more than prevalent in Asia and particularly in China where it is so common it is the norm. While Nintendo may find the modded users an annoyance, someone reaping their profits by selling their goods is grounds for legal action and equates to many dollars in lost sales. It seems Nintendo would like the Chinese government to take this a little more seriously than handing out small fines which are not much of a deterrence at all. Piracy will never be stopped but large scale operations can be brought down.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah, a hit gives them mad meth powers, but makes them more difficult to control.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before a hit they're like zombies, persistent but slow.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a tradeoff.
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    no i mean, before a hit is after the previous hit
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I hope it's not a week.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's standard so doctors can get a idea about what's going on
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    understood
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    well, i'm glad he seems to be doing fine, and ig i'm going to start spewing goofy shit again
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Update: Turns out he's epileptic
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Get a 2nd opinion run mris etc they told me that also
    Also a food allergy study would be a good idea
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Turns out you can't sprinkle methamphetamine on McDonald's French fries
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    they wouldn't be called french fries at that point
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Probably just meth fries