Nintendo Letting 3rd Parties Show 3DS Titles At E3?

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
BakuFunn said:
Sorry, but I'm not expecting anything past mini-game gimmicks.

Shame.

Wait...what?

I might be picking at small details here but you say "Shame." right after saying what you're expecting.

So you basically saying "What I'm expecting is crap, and I'm completely and ultimately right. Shame, it had so much potential."

Sorry, I couldn't help but pointing that out :\

XtremeCore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually, I was kinda expecting this. I mean 2 hours of conference ... they definitely need to talk a lot on software for 3DS.

monkat

I'd like to see you TRY to ban me. (Should I try?.
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.monkat.net
XP
Country
United States
DeltaBurnt said:
BakuFunn said:
Sorry, but I'm not expecting anything past mini-game gimmicks.

Shame.

Wait...what?

I might be picking at small details here but you say "Shame." right after saying what you're expecting.

So you basically saying "What I'm expecting is crap, and I'm completely and ultimately right. Shame, it had so much potential."

Sorry, I couldn't help but pointing that out :\

This is the problem with shortening things to one word - your message can be misconstrued in some...weird way.

Try and replace it with "It'll be a shame if that happens"

ChrisRX

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I don't see why this is a question. Nintendo quite publicly declared that the reason they announced the 3DS so early was so that they could have plenty of third party support on release. So presumably they'll have at least some third party games to show off at E3!

cosmiccow

Original Hippie
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
BakuFunn said:
I think with all that (hopefully) amazing power and the performance hit required for the 3D effect, many devs may ditch the 3D and go with a fantastic looking game.

Rather than giving you a potentially useless gimmicky 3D screen.

I'd like that.
Agreed.

I hope developers only implement the 3D effect in their games if it really makes sense, not just because they can. Same with the touch controls, that sometimes made it harder to control.

On a sidenote, I'd be evenly happy with a new 2D DS that's just a bit more powerful than the old one.

But now I am interested in seeing what they can pull off with 3D. There will be a lot of trial and error evolved - developers first have to get their minds around the new possibilities.

I will most probably get the 3DS at launch. But let's wait for E3 now.

TM2-Megatron

Predacon Commander
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
cosmiccow said:
On a sidenote, I'd be evenly happy with a new 2D DS that's just a bit more powerful than the old one.

Then buy a DSi. That's exactly what it is.

At this point, we can do better than "just a bit" powerful than a 6 year-old handheld.
closedeyes.gif

Canonbeat234

Redeemed Temper
Trophies
XP
Country
I trust that Nintendo won't make developers create games on the 3DS that will have stupid or disorientating effects. Besides it will cost more money to create a 3D environment. Seriously, Imagine games on the 3DS?! While you teaching or doing whatever you have a 3D prespective of the environment around you...lame.

heavyknight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TM2-Megatron said:
I wish they'd had some Pokemon support. While I'm sure B&W will be decent games, their releasing will undoubtedly be overshadowed by the release of the 3DS probably just a few weeks later.
B&W -> Possible 3DS specials, if not, then G/Monochrome/Insert third color combo will be a 3DS version of B&W -> or random crappy/or/good spinoff title -> or Gen 5.5 or VI. 3DS - probably won't block out B&W's release since not many good games seem like they'll be out on 3DS release day.

Ontopic - They better be good 3rd party games.

Escape

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rock Raiyu said:
I better get a brand new Mega Man from Capcom. We haven't had a new one since Star Force 3 2 years ago.
frown.gif

Agreed.
Maybe they could remake the 2nd Battle Network for the 3DS- but not do a lazy job as they did on the first one...

Well, I doubt we'll be hearing anything about a new Megaman game...

TM2-Megatron

Predacon Commander
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Apex said:
Actually, I'm hoping for an enhanced version of Sunshine.

I'm hoping for the same thing; it would certainly continue the trend with portable releases of past console Mario games. Sunshine is the next one in line. And if the 3DS has graphics around where the Gamecube was at, it could work really well.

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Apex said:
Actually, I'm hoping for an enhanced version of Sunshine.
I was hoping for something similar, especially as I haven't played Sunshine before (although I hadn't played SM64 until after SM64DS had been released).

More Metroid titles too, I'd like. Maybe a couple of titles for first person and maybe third person too (a bit like how Wii has Corruption, MPT and Other M).

Windaga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not to be a downcast beat, but Animal Crossing has pretty much stayed the same (graphic wise) since it's first incarnation. They may improve on some of the elements, like weather, but the same goofy models (albeit, updated and better animated) appear in all incarnations of the series. I don't think it'll be different for the 3DS.

If anything, expect a lot of the first titles from all developers to be a bit iffy. They'll all test out the 3D to see how it fares - and for some games, I'm sure it'll look great - in particular, I'm looking forward to a Metroid Prime Hunters style game where missed bullets and such whizz by in 3D. I can imagine playing some kind of game in the desert or something, and whenever you walk, sand is kicked up and displayed - something like that can be annoying over time, I'm sure, but in moderation, it would be pretty cool. But, at the same time, I can already see some developers "coughEAcough" going a bit overboard with the 3D effects outside of the box. I'm just glad you'll be able to turn off the 3D after a while.

Also, Starfox plz. Really. Either announce one for the 3DS or one for the Wii, but Jesus Christ we need one. Not that Command was awful - it just wasn't what anyone wanted. I'd prefer an Assault style aircraft method, meshed together with a "Gears of War" styled land section. (Mainly it's cover mechanic and reloading - please, no chain saws.)

I'd very much like a new 3D Mario game, too. Mario Galaxy Portable? With 3D effects? If anything flinging star bits and watching that gold coin dust fly up upon collection would look sweet.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxYoQPhGaW8 +2