2Hack

HYPiavelli
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
Canada
That is some, plus the release of Captain Toad but if they can't get SMTxFE on the Wii U then that's pretty disappointing as there's people who've been hoping to get it ever since they revealed it in 2013.

Just stop it. You're not contributing anything and instead just trolling.
SMTxFE is a good example. I think it was a good opportunity at giving smt a larger fan base. But you gotta realize, the fan base of smt is miniscule. Vocal but miniscule. In the grand scheme of things they don't really matter.

Also you talk about Internet and competing with ps/xbox. Nintendo don't seem to be trying to compete with them. They're playing their own market, own game.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Also you talk about Internet and competing with ps/xbox. Nintendo don't seem to be trying to compete with them. They're playing their own market, own game.

This. This is exactly their problem, they're only feeding their own fanbase rather than a vast variety of customers.

Until Nintendo changes they'll be seen by others as 'kiddy', 'inferior' or 'unimportant' compared to PlayStation and Xbox.

grossaffe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This. This is exactly their problem, they're only feeding their own fanbase rather than a vast variety of customers.

Until Nintendo changes they'll be seen by others as 'kiddy', 'inferior' or 'unimportant' compared to PlayStation and Xbox.
For you, it's a problem; for me, it's a positive. I much prefer Nintendo cater to a different demographic than the one that fawns over the Playstation and the Xbox. We already have the Sony and Microsoft to cater to those gamers; I'd rather Nintendo continue to be different and give us some diversity.

2Hack

HYPiavelli
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
Canada

But they don't care. They don't want to be the latest COD machine or anything. They want to be the 'Nintendo' the one you get for your kids. For families.

The other customer base is a really hard to compete place. You would need major hardware improvements and increase of cost per system. Pointless when ninty can bet away with a cheaper and in a way, more effective system

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Some discussion...I guess "play the game the way it was meant to be played" doesn't hold much merit anymore. :P

Also...Wiicube: I'm curious: do you have that same attitude towards film? That is: do you bitch at disney for creating movies for kids rather than for a more mature audience?

grossaffe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some discussion...I guess "play the game the way it was meant to be played" doesn't hold much merit anymore. :P

Also...Wiicube: I'm curious: do you have that same attitude towards film? That is: do you bitch at disney for creating movies for kids rather than for a more mature audience?
Why does every Disney villain have to fall to their death? Can't Simba, like, rip Scar's throat out and and defecate down his profusely bleeding esophagus?

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
For you, it's a problem; for me, it's a positive. I much prefer Nintendo cater to a different demographic than the one that fawns over the Playstation and the Xbox. We already have the Sony and Microsoft to cater to those gamers; I'd rather Nintendo continue to be different and give us some diversity.

3DS has a huge variety of exclusive games whereas the Wii U has a few of them which while are pretty good it just doesn't quite compete with 3DS' catalogue, rather disappointing as it is a home console and as such its library should be superior.

3DS has Luigi's Mansion and Wii U has New Super Luigi U. :(

wolf-snake

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
3DS has a huge variety of exclusive games whereas the Wii U has a few of them which while are pretty good it just doesn't quite compete with 3DS' catalogue, rather disappointing as it is a home console and as such its library should be superior.

3DS has Luigi's Mansion and Wii U has New Super Luigi U. :(

Wait. Didn't you just complain about the 3DS and how its full of n64 ports? (Which are like what? 2 soon to be 3?) and now you are saying it has a huge variety of exclusives? Sometimes i can't help to wonder if you really are aware of what you post.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Wait. Didn't you just complain about the 3DS and how its full of n64 ports? (Which are like what? 2 soon to be 3?) and now you are saying it has a huge variety of exclusives? Sometimes i can't help to wonder if you really are aware of what you post.

Aside from the remakes it's still a lot bigger than Wii U's.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
It also had a 1.75 year head-start on the Wii U and it took a couple years for the 3DS to start picking up. Wii U is just starting to hit its stride.
The Wii U's unlikely to ever make a huge jump, if ever, it did during 2014 and that's probably about it.

I hope for 2016-2018 we'll get a new Metroid, F-Zero, Ice Climbers, Wave Race, Excitebike, Luigi's Mansion and more but it's likely to be less than this list or even any of them (perhaps Metroid and F-Zero).

wolf-snake

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
The Wii U's unlikely to ever make a huge jump, if ever, it did during 2014 and that's probably about it.

I hope for 2016-2018 we'll get a new Metroid, F-Zero, Ice Climbers, Wave Race, Excitebike, Luigi's Mansion and more but it's likely to be less than this list or even any of them (perhaps Metroid and F-Zero).

yeah like it was unlikely for the ps3 to make a jump or the 3ds. Waot what? they did make the jump? you don't say?

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
yeah like it was unlikely for the ps3 to make a jump or the 3ds. Waot what? they did make the jump? you don't say?

Why are you comparing the PS3 to the Wii U? PS3's competitor was the 360 and it's PlayStation so it was bound to rise up again since it had support from customers around Europe and Japan, then also America (mainly where Xbox sells at its highest). Also remember, once Sony went with PS3 Slim things got a lot better for them due to the lower prices, low failure rate, free online play, awesome exclusives and more.

Wii U will never achieve the popularity and profitability of 360 or PS3, and I think most Nintendo fans have realised it.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

The PS3 got its price cut in half and the 3DS had a price cut and games. The Wii U has had no price cut and no games.

Do you know how sales work or do you assume they pull them out of a magician's hat?

Reactions: WiiCube_2013

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why are you comparing the PS3 to the Wii U? PS3's competitor was the 360 and it's PlayStation so it was bound to rise up again since it had support from customers around Europe and Japan, then also America (mainly where Xbox sells at its highest). Also remember, once Sony went with PS3 Slim things got a lot better for them due to the lower prices, low failure rate, free online play, awesome exclusives and more.

Wii U will never achieve the popularity and profitability of 360 or PS3, and I think most Nintendo fans have realised it.

15%2B-%2B1

wolf-snake

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
The PS3 got its price cut in half and the 3DS had a price cut and games. The Wii U has had no price cut and no games.

Do you know how sales work or do you assume they pull them out of a magician's hat?

Well the pricedrop for the ps3 was a no brainer, mean 600 US dollars? Uhhhg. And the no games argument got old since 2013.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well the pricedrop for the ps3 was a no brainer, mean 600 US dollars? Uhhhg. And the no games argument got old since 2013.

But Wii U has no games. I'm not even parroting here. Like it gets a couple big releases but it has no consistency. It got Smash Bros. in what, November? When's the next big game for it?

Meanwhile the XB1 and PS4 have consistent releases from first and third party developers.

Reactions: WiiCube_2013

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Her boob is the cause of all this current shit :angry: