Nintendo has updated the Wii U firmware to 5.5.4

E3C28AEF-2A17-4736-B80F-307493764A32.jpeg

You thought it was dead, but the Nintendo Wii U lives on. Following an update that initially was just for European regions, the update is also supposedly to be made available in North American and Japan, according to patch notes. However, currently, Nintendo of America's site does not note any new firmware revisions, nor do we know if the update will actually come to non-EU systems. At this point, we have no idea what 5.5.4 changes, besides standard stability. The last time we saw an update for the Wii U was all the way back in September 2018, for version 5.5.3 which was yet another stability update. If you still value using your Wii U, you might want to wait on updating, to see what this changes in terms of homebrew.

• Version number: 5.5.4
  • Release date: June 24th 2019 (North America) / June 25th 2019 (Europe, Japan)
  • Regions: Europe / North America / Japan
  • Further improvements to overall system stability and other minor adjustments have been made to enhance the user experience

The following titles were updated: VersionData, and Wii U Menu.

Total titles sizes: 102482052

SOAP TitleHash: 0B1C2469FA99869CFFD6642AD035D006

Title info:

N/A

:arrow: Source

RunFwrd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im wondering why my update still erased my haxchi. im in the usa and just recently updated to 5.5.3 and when i did it took my haxchi off.
i re installed it and im happy to say everything is working just as it was.
i was really scared for a sec cause ive got alot of work into my wiiflow covers.

Bomberman82

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Could it be that the vwii Mode has no Network anymore after this Update? Because i couldn´t use or updating anything?!?. The vwii Homebrew i could start and the App´s going well but anything about networking don´t function.

On the normal WiiU looks everthing fine Internet goes App´s are running well. But vwii network stops?!?

Scoobos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've updated in the UK and found that my wad installed n64 games and other store stuff no longer works.
The error states
"the Nintendo account used to buy this software has been deleted, please go to the store" choices are 'go' or cancel.
Retail stuff I've got and games I bought, still work.

Ceannsaic

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I just recently got a Wii U which is on 5.5.4e, there hasn't been any homebrew or cfw on it before as far as I know..

Guess my safest bet is to wait it out untill more information is available if I don't want to have a higher than usual risk of bricking it?

Thanks for all the information !

Flaya

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I've updated in the UK and found that my wad installed n64 games and other store stuff no longer works.
The error states
"the Nintendo account used to buy this software has been deleted, please go to the store" choices are 'go' or cancel.
Retail stuff I've got and games I bought, still work.

Do you run them under haxchi? Mine all work.

I just recently got a Wii U which is on 5.5.4e, there hasn't been any homebrew or cfw on it before as far as I know..

Guess my safest bet is to wait it out untill more information is available if I don't want to have a higher than usual risk of bricking it?

Thanks for all the information !

There shouldn't be any issues with installing haxchi on it. I did on my second wii U after updating to 5.5.4.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: it looks like a little kids' game, and bunny (welcome btw) is looking for an uncensor patch