Nintendo has just released a new firmware update for the Nintendo 3DS

fdhsuiifhsdukfhuisdhfuisd.png

It's time to update! No, not your Nintendo Switch--go dust off your Nintendo 3DS, because Nintendo has just pushed out a brand new firmware release for the old handheld. Version 11.17.0-50U is available now to download, offering the general promises of stability that we've come to enjoy so much. The update is so late in the Nintendo 3DS's lifespan, that the firmware updates have outlasted the system's own eShop. The ylws8bot Twitter account notes that under the hood and guise of stability, some minor changes to the eShop app, System Settings, and Internet Browser were detected. Be wary of updating to the new firmware.

:arrow: Source

17hitcombooo

Officer Balls.... BWAAHAHAHAH
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
> Closes the eshop so it's no longer possible to buy game legally
> No longer possible to buy physical media without resorting to second hand market
> Releases update to nuke hacking support for said console
Yup, sounds like a Nintendon't moment alright
"bro fuck preservation amirite?"

templeofhylia

homo supreme
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
crummy, expected, typical nintendo, 3000 conversations about ethics/piracy/hacking/corporate/asdfashdf, yada yada

but i also have to admit this is actually interesting? bad but interesting? they left the wii behind with like, at least 5 different exploits on its latest firmware, and instead of spending time and money to close up the wii u security that has really only one public exploit for the user (you've got cbhc/mocha/tiramisu but it all comes from the one browser exploit i think?), they went after the console that will ALWAYS be susceptible to ntrboot/firmhax.

it's got me insanely curious how the community will move forward from this. and also, how the minds at nintendo work...

• Love
Reactions: impeeza

Deleted member 559230

Trophies
XP
To all the haters - If you dislike Nintendo so much why then do you own their system and games? Seriously, if you hate them then get rid of their products and move on. No one likes to hear you complain that the stuff you likely didn't pay for doesn't live up to your expectations. Nintendo hackers are some whiny bitches.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
To all the haters - If you dislike Nintendo so much why then do you own their system and games? Seriously, if you hate them then get rid of their products and move on. No one likes to hear you complain that the stuff you likely didn't pay for doesn't live up to your expectations. Nintendo hackers are some whiny bitches.
Paying customers aren’t allowed to complain about a subpar experience? That’s a first… oh, wait… You’re assuming that everyone here is a dirty pirate who has never paid for a Nintendo game… Makes sense I guess.

What do you care anyway? You a Ninty desk jockey or what?

Mike_77712

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
stopped reading at "to all you haters111111111:cry:"

Rya687

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Nintendo more or less forced things to emulation if anyone wanted to stream 3ds content at all, since Nintendo of Japan successfully lobbied to make console modding illegal in the country. And now trying to make their america and euro branches follow along for that matter.

Nevermind that Nintendo wouldn't even supply the rom files necessary to make the nes and SNES classic consoles function, which forced the production line to literally download the community roms of all but maybe one (star fox 2) game to then sell back to us in a commercial product.

To that end, Nintendo is very much like either a superman or batman in the comics. They literally create the conditions that create their worst antagonists and villains and don't see the irony in it.
What's your source on that? I find that doubtful. Nintendo is actually quite good at archiving their own assets.

I know there was a rumor that the Wii NES VC ROMs were pirated, but that was debunked. People found it strange how these ROMs have INES headers, but turns out Nintendo's first NES emulators were made by a guy who previously worked on a third party emulator, so he made Nintendo embrace the same standard.

Reactions: Waddleclaws

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
I love how everyone's pissing on Nintendo (rightfully so, btw) while I'm over here freaking out that I updated to 11.16 before yesterday's latest drop. Smh.
Well stop it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I better over react and get all fussy for the lols