Nintendo DSi LL formally announced (4.2 inch screen revision)

larkija33

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.igoogle.com
XP
Country
United States
I don't see that much wrong about it... I kinda like it.
Ok, so what if it's a little bit bigger and still doesn't have a GBA slot? Who cares?
It's not huge, first of all. It's still a small DS, just a few millimeters bigger, that's all. When you actually see what the measurements look like, you'll understand Nintendo isn't making huge laptops.
Also, for the GBA slot.... Just use your dang GBA! Or use that new thing for the iPlayer! You really don't need it.

Maedhros

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
larkija33 said:
Ok, so what if it's a little bit bigger and still doesn't have a GBA slot? Who cares?
I care. Lots of people care. If people didn't care, they would not complain about it.
You guys have to learn that people have the choice to like or not ANYTHING.

sjones900

GBAtemp Advanced Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wow this thing is gonna be huge...
500x_92a044e4.jpg

Vidboy10

Tsardom
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
For those of you complaining, look at the specs. The resolution is the SAME at the smaller screen, meaning any game will be blurry on it. This was made for Japan, where things like the Music Player, Web Browser, and other features are far more common to see being used on the DS. Here we have a thing called the iPhone. But the article I saw about it does not recommend playing games on it, that this model is recommended for those interested in the secondary features, because all games will be blurry because of stretched pixels.

silent sniper

!dennaB
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
stab244 said:
Hatsu said:
sjones900 said:
wow this thing is gonna be huge...
500x_92a044e4.jpg

blink.gif
Geez, that's big....
All I thought when I saw that pic was "Is it made of cardboard?" Seriously, doesn't it look like it's made of cardboard in that pic?
it does look fake, but even if it is, im pretty sure its to scale

stab244

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Press releases call it the DSi LL. They have it like that on Engadget and Gizmodo as well. I'm pretty sure Kotaku says that as well. Even the poll on GameFaqs called it the DSi LL. At least I'm pretty sure it did.

Jan1tor

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
stab244 said:
Press releases call it the DSi LL. They have it like that on Engadget and Gizmodo as well. I'm pretty sure Kotaku says that as well. Even the poll on GameFaqs called it the DSi LL. At least I'm pretty sure it did.

From what I read Europe it will be called DSI XL and Stateside it will be DSI LL

stab244

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jan1tor said:
stab244 said:

From what I read Europe it will be called DSI XL and Stateside it will be DSI LL
That explains why the GF poll said XL/LL... I personally like LL more just because XL reminds me of other stuff. I'll leave it at that.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
stab244 said:
All I thought when I saw that pic was "Is it made of cardboard?" Seriously, doesn't it look like it's made of cardboard in that pic?
It's a paper cutout. You can see the garble lines where the printer messed up the color. But it's probably to scale. The specs have been anounced, you can compare the measurements with the size of a Wii game box. Yup, it's gonna be huge.

Jan1tor said:
QUOTE(stab244 @ Oct 31 2009, 08:53 PM) Press releases call it the DSi LL. They have it like that on Engadget and Gizmodo as well. I'm pretty sure Kotaku says that as well. Even the poll on GameFaqs called it the DSi LL. At least I'm pretty sure it did.
The name's based on the clothing size naming conventions. "One size bigger than Large" is LL in Japan, and XL in Europe and the States. So it will be XL in the States as well.

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Veho said:
Jan1tor said:
stab244 said:
The name's based on the clothing size naming conventions. "One size bigger than Large" is LL in Japan, and XL in Europe and the States. So it will be XL in the States as well.
I was about to write that
smile.gif

I guess people that only complaint, didn't even try to read something about it
tongue.gif

I'm still really interested to see it in person, and probably buy it trough time!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: lol, that was fun to watch. +1