OP
Trophies
Website
www.friendster.com
XP
Country
[attachment=475:843.jpg]

QUOTE said:
Nintendo will bring its latest dual-screen handheld video game system to the United States at the end of March, the company said on Wednesday. The Nintendo DSi XL will go on sale in the U.S. on March 28 for $189.99. The device features larger screens than the DS models currently on the market.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20100225/tc_nm/us_media_nintendo

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3178096

QUOTEAt the Nintendo Media Summit today, a North American release date and price was revealed for the new supersized DS system, the DSi XL. Known as the DSi LL in Japan, the supposedly spectator-friendly handheld will launch a month from now, on March 28, for $189.99. Assuming there are no price drops between now and the end of next month, that will put it at a $20 premium over the smaller DSi (still retailing at $169.99) and $60 over the Game Boy Advance cartridge-supporting DS Lite ($129.99).

The most obvious difference between the DSi XL and the standard DSi is the increased size; the screen and stylus are both much larger. Nintendo president Satoru Iwata claimed back in October that the XL's increasing viewing angle would create a "new play style where those who are surrounding the game player can also join in one way or the other to the game play."

Expect to hear plenty more out of the media summit as the day rolls on

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Considering the DSi XL has pre-loaded software, enlarged hardware for a better touch experience, or those with larger hands, and has a nice stylus pen, I think $20 is a fair trade-off.

Course, I won't be buying one since I already have a DSi, but choice is king.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seems like a reasonable price tag. It definitely ain't a PSP No by any means.

Hopefully I can wrack up some cash and buy this eventually. My old DS Phat sorta broke and I've been looking for a new DS.

Side note, do DSi flashcarts work on the XL?

Chris_Skylock

OP
Trophies
Website
www.friendster.com
XP
Country
I will probably buy the DSi XL sometime this year or if I'll be in Canada this Year.

It seems every year, Im buying DS. In 2008, I bought 2 DS Lite. in 2009, I bought 3 DSi. In 2010, I want to buy a DSi XL. in 2011, I'll be buying the DS2, if possible

Chris_Skylock

OP
Trophies
Website
www.friendster.com
XP
Country
triassic911 said:
I hope flashcarts work on the US dsixl. That will be my deciding factor on whether or not I should get it. I love the big screens!

Remember the DSi when launched. when it reached the USA, it got a firmware upgrade. So expect a firmware upgrade this coming March 28

luke_c

Big Boss
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Chris_Skylock said:
triassic911 said:
I hope flashcarts work on the US dsixl. That will be my deciding factor on whether or not I should get it. I love the big screens!

Remember the DSi when launched. when it reached the USA, it got a firmware upgrade. So expect a firmware upgrade this coming March 28
Remember when the XL launched. when it reached Japan, it didn't get a firmware upgrade. So don't expect a firmware upgrade coming March 28

All DSi compatible carts already work on the XL, no biggie. And aren't you all making a big deal about this? It's been £10 more than the DSi for pre-order for ages

sfg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
the supposedly spectator-friendly handheld

Does it also have a better view-angle? Because if it sucks as much as with the DS Lite (don't know how it's on DSi to be honest) then bigger screens won't do that much good for this purpose.

o0ICE0o

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To anyone who owns the LL: where does the pen go? Does it stick out of the side, or is it loose? Did they manage to fit that gigantic thing inside the unit?

ps: pics are good.
smileipb2.png

edit: nevermind. I just wikipedia-d. There are two. one a little bigger than the normal DSi and the huge one that does not fit in the slot.

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
OBJ3KTION said:
Only 20 dollars more for pixelated screens.

Woowoo.
Haven't we cleared this up yet?

The DSi XL has larger pixels (physically) and that's how Nintendo made it bigger. Whereas if Nintendo made the pixels the same size as the DSi and just added extra pixels, then it'd be pixelated and ugly.
Nintendo makes the pixels themselves larger to prevent games from becoming pixelated.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.