DSi XL Coming To America in Early 2010

azure0wind

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
hmmm......
i wonder how the nintendo change the security scheme, will it gonna affect the menu?
(i hope it has a new menu, like PSP so we can change it's theme
laugh.gif
)
smile.gif

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Revolutionize said:
bach3609 said:
do the current DSI flashcards still work on this thing? I'll buy it as long as it works with em so that i can play homebrew on my machine.
Who knows..? It's just a regular DSi so they should still work.
Still, it will probably have an updated firmware, and firmware updates disable falshcards. For a while, anyway.

shadow1w2

Still here.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, I was thinking of buying a DSi eventually, but now I'll get this big one instead.
I always thought my original DS was too small
tongue.gif

Screen wise it definitly is :/

So bigger screens I do want.
I think I can manage the wait for a proper flash cart.
Plus with that media playing cart running a good GBA emulator I can get my GBA fix on a bigger screen too.
So ya, I'm going for this one.
Though I hope there will be some screen protectors for it out early.

As for the anti-piracy fixs I'm sure it'll be hacked up soon enough.
It is a nintendo handheld after all.

One con though, I'll have trouble getting my family to give the darn thing back once I get one.

I also hope theres a forest green or old fashion black color.
Translucent would be nice.

shakirmoledina

Legend
Trophies
Website
vfootball.co.nf
XP
Country
Tanzania
its really big i mean 8.4 inches is massive for a handheld though the psp is pretty huge too but two screens make a difference
check it out by placing a ruler or something or check this out for comparison in realtime (dont mind the paint) Comparison Pic
u can totally see the difference unlike dsi and dsl

wonderful hardware but it seems they are copying psp scheme whereby they wanna release many different models of the ds quickly but is around 200+ dollars...

D

Deleted User

I'll wait for the second incarnation of this. No wait, I won't. Fuck you Nintendo for pulling this shit again. You're not getting another cent out of me for anything, ever again. I just bought a DSi a couple of months ago and now you announce this. You'll eat my shit and enjoy it.

C2B

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Jamstruth said:
Even if it was twice the resolution games would still run in the 256x192 resolution so there's not really any point.
What we need is a whole new DS with much better specced hardware so that it can run graphics on par with the PSP among other things such as multimedia. I really hope this DSi flops big time

As much as you seem to love the psp. Sony pulled the same shit already and even worse. PSP1000, 2000, 3000 which have almost no difference and the go, which kicked umds so that sony can get even more money in their pocket.

@ all. Nobody will kill you if you don't buy it. I for one always wanted bigger buttons. A shame that the screen gets so much bigger.
frown.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: well actually a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in...