Nintendo DSi LL formally announced (4.2 inch screen revision)

kalmis

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Finland
Carp, DSi look tiny in that comparison
frown.gif
Not too pleased with that move especially when I dished the full price for DSi on the release data.

Jdbye

Always Remember 30/07/08
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
It looks huge in that comparison shot. Anyone know how it compares to a normal PSP? (1000/2000/3000).
As normal PSPs are quite big
tongue.gif

Jdbye

Always Remember 30/07/08
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
p1ngpong said:
Jdbye said:
It looks huge in that comparison shot. Anyone know how it compares to a normal PSP? (1000/2000/3000).
As normal PSPs are quite big
tongue.gif

It is at the very least the heaviest handheld this generation, even heavier then a PSP 1000.

http://kotaku.com/5392492/the-heaviest-por...s-generation-is
Yeah, read that, but how about size? I guess we won't be getting any comparison shots with a PSP from Nintendo, but some specs would be nice
smile.gif

jackdanielchan

Trophies
XP
Country

TM2-Megatron

Predacon Commander
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
As a big Nintendo fan, I never thought I'd say this, but they've been making some bonehead moves recently; and this new announcment has got to be the worst. I never thought they'd release 2 devices in a row (assuming nothing comes out prior to this) that I have zero interest in buying, and I consider to have reduced useful functionality in favour of things I couldn't care less about. I want the damn GBA slot back, in addition to GB and GBC functionality... what's the GB/GBC processor go for these days, 10 cents? A bigger screen is allright, but on its own it isn't enough... I don't want a camera, and I want two cameras even less.

Nintendo is making a massive mistake with this one. The DS and DS Lite were great systems, and worthy successors to the Game Boy line. The DSi and this new thing, whatever it's called, will accomplish nothing but tarnishing Nintendo's reputation. Releasing 4 iterations of what's basically the exact same hardware (although with subtractions to the 2 later models making them inferior for many users) will be seen by the vast majority as nothing more than desperate attempts to cash in. The Game Boy Micro was only the 3rd version of the GBA, yet it sold relatively poorly compared to its predecessors; probably because nobody could figure out what it was for. I'd have hoped Nintendo would learn from that, as I have no idea what purpose this lateset device is supposed to serve. It adds nothing notable to what the DSi offers, and that already offered nothing over the DS Lite.

Instead of these ridiculous remakes of the DS Lite (the apex of the NDS lifecycle), Nintendo should've resurrected the Game Boy line and marketed it as a retro/budget handheld. With a single DS-quality backlit screen, GB and GBC games would never have looked better; and it would've at least made up for the DSi's lack of GBA support.

5%

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

5%

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
at first i thought it was just a rumor but then i saw the photos, and then the footage.

word of this new dsi xl was released only a day ago and they have built the damn thing already, there is no doubt this must have been pre-planned, or planned shortly after the dsi was released....not only that but it's coming out in less than a month for japan!

this is starting to look like a big mess

on the flipside, i want one of those!

yobemal

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
Now that it's so big, why couldn't they just add a GBA slot? when they made the DSi they said they removed the slot bcs the DSi just was to small.

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
laugh.gif

I can't believe what am I reading, what people here think? It's like granville, Veho and couple of others are only sane persons here!

This is an option, you CAN choose what to get! YOU DON'T HAVE TO BUY IT!! DSi is something that didn't appealed to me, as it didn't make any bigger differences in comparison with Lite, however, this looks great to me! I'm looking forward to screen that much bigger, and I have no problem with it's size and weight..

Remember, you're NOT alone in this World, people have different tastes, some of you like and prefer stuff that others dislike..

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
Toni Plutonij said:
laugh.gif

I can't believe what am I reading, what people here think? It's like granville, Veho and couple of others are only sane persons here!

This is an option, you CAN choose what to get! YOU DON'T HAVE TO BUY IT!! DSi is something that didn't appealed to me, as it didn't make any bigger differences in comparison with Lite, however, this looks great to me! I'm looking forward to screen that much bigger, and I have no problem with it's size and weight..

Remember, you're NOT alone in this World, people have different tastes, some of you like and prefer stuff that others dislike..

I think what peoples main objection is, is that this has come out so soon after the release of the DSi, with no real prior warning to early adopters of the original DSi. I think the LL would have been welcomed if there was some sort of announcement shortly after the DSi's release, that a different larger model would be available in the near future. Obviously these systems aren't cooked up overnight, it must have been well on course for release when the original DSi was announced. So Nintendo have not really given another option to early adopters, they are just dangling an option they could have had in their face.

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
p1ngpong said:
Toni Plutonij said:
laugh.gif

I think what peoples main objection is, is that this has come out so soon after the release of the DSi, with no real prior warning to early adopters of the original DSi. I think the LL would have been welcomed if there was some sort of announcement shortly after the DSi's release, that a different larger model would be available in the near future. Obviously these systems aren't cooked up overnight, it must have been well on course for release when the original DSi was announced. So Nintendo have not really given another option to early adopters, they are just dangling an option they could have had in their face.
Ahhh I get it, I didn't look at it from that perspective, that makes sense..

However, don't see why the hate towards the system itself?! I really think it's cool, and will look into getting it once it comes here (if price won't be astronomical of course)..I like so much increased screens as i stated numerous times, I use DS to watch movies a lot, so bigger screen is really welcomes for the purpose..
I'm pretty sure I won't play any touch screen games on it tho!
smile.gif
You have to keep those big screens intact
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: *teleports behind you* "Nothing personnel, kiddo" +1