Nintendo DSi LL formally announced (4.2 inch screen revision)

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
p1ngpong said:
I think what peoples main objection is, is that this has come out so soon after the release of the DSi, with no real prior warning to early adopters of the original DSi.
Reading back through the thread, people's main objection is that it exists at all. Their second main objection is that it was released too soon. Their third main objection is that it didn't introduce enough new features.
rolleyes.gif
In short, their main objection is "DSi XL isn't the DS2." Oh, and apparently it's too big.

Your point makes entirely too much sense. That's probably because you're sane. Stop that.
unsure.gif
It scares me when p1ngy starts making sense.

QUOTE(Toni Plutonij @ Oct 30 2009, 03:07 PM) I really think it's cool, and will look into getting it once it comes here (if price won't be astronomical of course)..
And what are the odds of a reasonable price? It's $220 in Japan, let's say it will be $220 in the US, meaning €220 in Europe. Add the local tax (don't ask), you get €268, round up to 270, convert to kuna at an unreasonable exchange rate, you end up with a price tag of 2000 kuna ($400).

It's my Nintendo pricing formula, and it has served me well so far.

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Veho said:
p1ngpong said:
I think what peoples main objection is, is that this has come out so soon after the release of the DSi, with no real prior warning to early adopters of the original DSi.
Reading back through the thread, people's main objection is that it exists at all. Their second main objection is that it was released too soon. Their third main objection is that it didn't introduce enough new features.
rolleyes.gif
In short, their main objection is "DSi XL isn't the DS2." Oh, and apparently it's too big.

Your point makes entirely too much sense. That's probably because you're sane. Stop that.
unsure.gif

QUOTE(Toni Plutonij @ Oct 30 2009, 03:07 PM) I really think it's cool, and will look into getting it once it comes here (if price won't be astronomical of course)..
And what are the odds of a reasonable price? It's $220 in Japan, let's say it will be $220 in the US, meaning €220 in Europe. Add the local tax (don't ask), you get €268, round up to 270, convert to kuna at an unreasonable exchange rate, you end up with a price tag of 2000 kuna ($400).

It's my Nintendo pricing formula, and it has served me well so far.
Post that p1ngy posted makes complete sense....he made valid points, and as you pointed out Veho, others here are more bothered by the fact that it exists then the fact that p1ngy stated..

Also, I've been looking around a bit, seen the YouTube video of it, and I'm digging it..however, at the price of 2000 kn, (and I doubt it'll be less) here, it will be a no-go unless I struck some kind of a deal somehow
wink.gif

We'll see in couple of months, I like what i see so far!

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
Veho said:
p1ngpong said:
rolleyes.gif

unsure.gif

Well that's my main problem with the release of it anyway, I dont like it when early adopters get screwed over. I say problem loosely though as I do not even own a DSi so cant complain. This LL is tempting for me though, I like the idea of the huge screens, and I don't have a problem with a bigger heavier system. In many ways for prolonged gaming I prefer that and find it more comfortable.

Anyway to put you at ease let me make less sense.

Stupid Nintendo, I want the LL next year, but smaller, with no shitty cameras, and put the GBA slot back in and make it cheaper and easily hackable!!!

Those are the features I demand in order to be convinced to upgrade my DS lite!

bastards
mad.gif

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
p1ngpong said:
Anyway to put you at ease let me make less sense.

Stupid Nintendo, I want the LL next year, but smaller, with no shitty cameras, and put the GBA slot back in and make it cheaper and easily hackable!!!
rofl2.gif
Brilliant!

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
Veho said:
In short, their main objection is "DSi XL isn't the DS2
That's what has surprised me; I think they've jumped the gun on this one. Kotaku cites the purpose of the new screens as a handheld you can play so your friends can watch, or even with your friends. It's a new idea, and could've been a big selling point for a new system. Thing is the DS's catalogue doesn't really have the support for it, you can count the number of single cart multiplayer titles on your hands (because game companies make less money if they sell a single cart). Even if the "DS2" isn't pencilled in to be released for some time, if Nintendo keep using up all their new ideas the second they think of them on the DS line there's not going to be much left for the next system.

Also remember the DS is now 5 years old. That's pretty close to the end of most console lifetimes.

Finally after reading the other comments, I have to admit I'd be pretty damn pissed about this too if I'd brought a DSi. I use my DS at home so the console's size doesn't really bother me.

Uzumakijl

Trophies
Website
www.uzumakijl.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Mexico
Oh lord.........

Let's see first of all the size the main page is:

DS? 148.7mm Length-Height ?84.7mm Width ?28.9mm Thick
DSLite? 133.0mm Length-Height ?73.9mm Width ?21.5mm Thick
DSi? 137.0mm Length-Height ?74.9mm Width ?18.9mm Thick
DSi LL? 161.0mm Length-Height ?91.4mm Width ?21.2mm Thick

Note that the Length/Height size is obviously when the ds is open

So 161 MILLIMETERS is not that much... Is just 12 millimeters bigger than Phat, And and 25 millimeters bigger than Ds Lite, And 23 millimeters bigger than Dsi... Where is the freaking huge part of this?

(161 millimeters is about 6.3 inches,Which is about 16.1 centimeters, So Dsi is 137 millimeters which is about 5.4 inches, Which is about 13.7 centimeters)

Now... Ok it has a 4.2 inches screen..., PSP 1000/2000/3000 has a 4.3 inches screen What's the huuuge part of Dsi XL Screen?.

Now... How this is getting close to the size of a netbook? [Way to say BS...] According to wikipedia:

"Netbooks have ranged in size from below 5" to over 13", and from ~1 kg (2-3 pounds)."

Dsi XL has a 4.2 Inches screen ok... Smaller netbooks have 5 Inches screns.... Let's keep reading wikipedia:...

"The generic use of the term "netbook", however, began in 2007 when Asus unveiled the ASUS Eee PC. Originally designed for emerging markets, the 23 x 17 cm (8.9" × 6.5") device weighed about 0.9 kg (2 pounds) and featured a 7" display [...]"

: Sigh : And to those who say "OMG new ds is too heavy" ..... You people have actually had a PSP Phat in your hands it's pretty damn light in comparision to some books...?

PSP 1000 is supposed to be 0.61 Pounds... And Dsi XL is 0.69 Pounds !!! Seriously... And people says Dsi XL is made for old people with bad eyesight, So old men/woman with arthritis can hold in theyr hands 0.69 Pounds but young people can't cause it is too heavy?.

Now... people says "ZOMG it doesn't fits in my pocket" Actually DS folds... Did you people forgot about that? DSi XL will be thicker than phat and sightly larger phat, And phat fits perfectly on my pocket... And there's even some extra space... And PSP 3000 fits perfectly on my pocket too and Dsi XL is smaller... So what are you complaining at?

Also, To those who sayd "This is 50% bigger/heavyer than Dsi" Shut up if you don't know what are you talking about, Dsi XL isn't not 428 grames neither 10 inches big.

And looks like people doesn't even has the minimum idea of what portable means...

And everybody is ranting here and nobody has noticed that this has a better battery than the Dsi

Also the whole "pixelated" thingy, Isn't going to happen:

Also as how Veho, Granvile had pointed this is just an option, You are not being forced to buy this...

In my point of view the only thing to complain about this is the buttons which are the same size as dsi, They could added at least a decent d-pad.

And for the people who says this is a fail like PSP-Go!... You people don't even know why the go is a fail, Don't just rant everywhere...

Also, FORGET about the damn Gba slot... It's not like you won't be able to play Gba with this someday.

Ahhhhhhhhhhh i need to sayd that... Anyways don't blame anybody if you buy this and another Dsi comes out...

Nintendo already shown they don't really want you to have a nice system at the first revision, You gotta get other 4 revisions before the system gets the upgrades it was supposed to have at first...

stab244

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Apparently it will release in Early 2010 in the US...

Also, the screen is pixelated... You just have to magnify a lot.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
jackdanielchan said:
Maybe it's for people with really long arms, so in the end they'll get the same resolution as a normal person would with a DSi...
happy.gif
Close. It's for older, far sighted people. It has a more sombre color scheme, and the large screens can be held at a comfortable distance and still have all the details visible.

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
yobemal said:
Toni Plutonij said:
And iPlayer will play GBA games perfectly.....
wink.gif

I'm really looking forward to this "revision".....only thinkg I'm not looking forward is the price..

Will iPlayer work?
It's my free guess that software ain't gonna be different from DSi at all..

However, considering that iPlayer has upgradable bootloader, I guess they can always update it..Only if it isn't some kind of an hardware thing...in that case, we'll need yet another "generation" of flash carts
biggrin.gif

The Pink Gato

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well, I translated it with Yahoo, and it's specs are completely pointless(except for it's battery life).
As this anti-piracy protection is going to be in this console(possibly?) Nintendo is not going to win
and they are going to eventually be stupid enough to make a netbook.

yay DSi users! (I wouldn't buy it)
yaynds.gif

iFish

Slower than a 90s modem
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i was gonna get a dsi for christmas but its to expensive now so i will wait intill this one comes and the other one cost drops

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Guess it's just a click then +2