Nintendo DSi LL formally announced (4.2 inch screen revision)

Raika

uguu
Trophies
XP
Country
ohmy.gif
... I wonder how many people would buy this once they realize that it's not portable anymore...

Chrono_Tata

Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
I'd expect the only people that will buy this sensibly will be old people with Parkinson's whose eyesights aren't great anymore, but still want to play Brain Training. Even the available colours (Wine red, Brown) seem geared towards the older generation. Like WW2-old.

Placeholder

Trophies
XP
Country
ifish said:
that defeats the purpose of portable

With the almighty power of nintendo, pockets will just get larger to fit this in. that also means you get more space for pocket billiards or shoplifting
biggrin.gif

Matt140

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I find this unfair, they make us pay £150 for a DSi then 3 months later... they release another one (probably costing more)! I say that anyone who recently bought the DSi should get one free!

rockstar99

Hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
but why are they such a bunch of money fuckers they couldve added all this to the ds2 to make it the first one to have it that could be one of its unique features
but what worries me now is what if the ds2 is as big as a netbook

tinymonkeyt

GBAtemp brat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ERM. Too big for my comfort. It's huge! And probably weighs a ton too!

I don't get it. If Ninty keeps churning out these partly modified DS's, won't the game system be all screwed up? They'd have to make like, 3 different versions just to fit the DS, DSi, AND this huge ass brick. And why not just make a new system if you're going to enlarge the screen so damn much and add another pen (this one a lot bigger too!). Might've well just made a whole new system with much better graphics with that big screen. They can't go much farther milking the same DS cow.

Cablephish

Show me...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
tinymonkeyt said:
ERM. Too big for my comfort. It's huge! And probably weighs a ton too!

Yes, this is as bad as having an anvil in your pocket.

You people shouldn't be blaming the size of the new DSi on your pockets, blame the people who make your clothes!

It seems people have lost the knowledge of what portable is. Portable means it's able to go places your home consoles can't. I know this is still portable, it's still a decent size. You're all just spoiling yourselves with your small technology. This is what a person like me with big hands needs!

It's funny, since when were portable consoles decided by whether they could fit in your pocket or not? Backpacks are pretty portable wouldn't you say? Get one and put it in there!

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Who cares if its bigger? DSi is big enough and this model will make games look worse so its not as if anyone is missing out on anything if they have already bought a DSi aside from the extra battery time.

Just pretend it doesn't exist and let the drama go.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over