OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Still no DS lite here, and craigslist shows some off and on but I doubt they are all going to be DOA so that's a waste of money.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I'm sure the people producing the flash carts can produce them faster and cheaper than Nintendo can produce the DS.
Yes, true, but it's all about the percentage. Only a minority of DS owners own flashcards, while the majority buys their games. Creating an artificial DS shortage would only cut you off from the prospective game buyers.

On the other hand, if you have the option of selling a DS to someone who then won't buy games later on, or not selling anything at all, I'd say the former is the more profitable. So either way, it is in Nintendo's best interest to sell as many as they can.

Or, if you're saying that so many people decided to get a DS lately because flashcards are so cheap/available (i.e. they wouldn't have bought the DS if they had to buy games for it), I think the amount of serious people out there (managers, businesspeople, "Cosmo girls", grandparents buying for small children) buying every DS in sight is more to blame for the DS shortage than us flashcard kiddies.

In any case, there are plenty of DSs around here, so if anyone is desperate enough to dish out $240 plus shipping plus banking fees (no PayPal 'round these parts, boys) for a black or pink DSL, let me know.
wink.gif

DaMummy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i live in a pretty small town, we always have stuff in stock, i can sell anyone nearly any color new ds lite for prolly less than $200, so if anyone is interested let me know....

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
I think the amount of serious people out there (managers, businesspeople, "Cosmo girls", grandparents buying for small children) buying every DS in sight is more to blame for the DS shortage than us flashcard kiddies.
I was about to say that but you beat me to it
smile.gif
The DS has a massive non-gamer audience, demand is higher than Nintendo can keep up with. They'll come back into stock when the christmas backlog is cleared, I reckon early Febuary's a more accurate estimate than April.

VBKirby

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I was able to get a new DS lite today. I'm in British Columbia. All of the good stores were sold old. Best Buy, Future Shop, Wal mart, all of the stores you typically get them at. You know where I got mine? "The Source" in Lougheed mall. It was the last one, and even still it was on hold, but I got it since being on hold doesn't mean you are guarantied to get it. My only complaint was that it was the red/black one, which I didn't want to due the smudges driving me nuts. But I just wanted any DS lite, so I snapped it up. Though it will be annoying to set up all of the crap on a new ds like the birthday, and all those settings, and all of the Wi-fi stuff. As Mario would say,

LUCKY!

VBKirby

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Maybe Wal Mart is Better in states. I don't know. Do the Wal Marts in the States have McDonalds in them like they do here in Canada?

Though it's true that the Wal Mart closest to us is rather crummy.

sixb0nes

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
I was able to get a new DS lite today. I'm in British Columbia. All of the good stores were sold old. Best Buy, Future Shop, Wal mart, all of the stores you typically get them at. You know where I got mine? "The Source" in Lougheed mall. It was the last one, and even still it was on hold, but I got it since being on hold doesn't mean you are guarantied to get it. My only complaint was that it was the red/black one, which I didn't want to due the smudges driving me nuts. But I just wanted any DS lite, so I snapped it up. Though it will be annoying to set up all of the crap on a new ds like the birthday, and all those settings, and all of the Wi-fi stuff. As Mario would say,

LUCKY!

Mario doesn't say LUCKY

Grimalkin

Waaaaaaaah!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada

LUCKY!

Mario doesn't say LUCKY

Actually, he does and everyone who's played a Mario game since Mario 64 would know.

Requisite

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Maybe Wal Mart is Better in states. I don't know. Do the Wal Marts in the States have McDonalds in them like they do here in Canada?

Though it's true that the Wal Mart closest to us is rather crummy.
Not all of them, my Wal-mart has a Subway.
On another matter, I'm sure you could get a DS Lite on the internet, I've seen loads.

VBKirby

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
That's cool. I've never heard of a subway in wal mart. All of the Chapters book stores have Starbucks in them.

If you mean auction sites and places like playasia, I'm sure that there would be lots. But I don't like to do online orders unless it's something you can only get online. (It's just one of those things I'm paranoid about for some unknown reason) I just happened to get lucky and find it in a store.

Took less time than I thought to set up all of the stuff I had to set up with the new DS. The touch screen feels a little rough though. I also lost the extra stylus supplied in the box two seconds after I opened it. I pulled out the stylus bag, and it slid out of it and into the vast waste land of black wires under my desk. I have not seen it since.

Requisite

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
That's cool. I've never heard of a subway in wal mart. All of the Chapters book stores have Starbucks in them.

If you mean auction sites and places like playasia, I'm sure that there would be lots. But I don't like to do online orders unless it's something you can only get online. (It's just one of those things I'm paranoid about for some unknown reason)Â I just happened to get lucky and find it in a store.

Took less time than I thought to set up all of the stuff I had to set up with the new DS. The touch screen feels a little rough though. I also lost the extra stylus supplied in the box two seconds after I opened it. I pulled out the stylus bag, and it slid out of it and into the vast waste land of black wires under my desk. I have not seen it since.
Really? A lot of Wal-marts in my area have Subway's in them.
Hm..I have gotten most of my things online, including my DS, I may be too trusting..
I lost my original stylus as well, though not under a mass of wires. I find it strange you have so many wires in one place..

VBKirby

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ever since I got a bootleg copy of Pokemon Sapphire on ebay, I don't trust online shopping. I also ordered a Nintendo DS Lite off of Best buy.ca once, and the order kept getting delayed one week at a time. eventually it said, "We are currently out of stock and cannot place your order" To add to that, I was never able to get my money back for it, so I had just given 100+ dollars to best buy for free. I guess I'm not paranoid about it. I simply don't trust it anymore due to the crap that has happened.

As for the wires, my room only has one working electical outlet, so I use it for a power bar, and plug everything in there. I have my TV under there too since there is no room else where. Really, half of it could be cleaned up since they are just wires for the consoles I have, but am too lazy to clean it all up. Though I have a reason to now, so I guess I'll do that right now.

*edit* Yay! I found it! It sure bounced far from where I was.

*double edit* There was a "Home Depot" in Ontario that had a Harveys in it.

kwandar

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I was able to get a new DS lite today. I'm in British Columbia. All of the good stores were sold old. Best Buy, Future Shop, Wal mart, all of the stores you typically get them at. You know where I got mine? "The Source" in Lougheed mall.

No need to panic - even Shoppers Drug Mart has them here in Toronto now, and they are producing 2.5 MM a month, which means that North America will receive about a million each month, although the shipping will not come in full force till mid February. (The Source shows their inventory arriving Feb 5) Figure Japan's sales numbers are bound to start dropping as they've already sold one to 20% of the total population, and you realize that ....... there will soon be a price drop. I'll pick one up at $99 in a few weeks.

The only question is whether Nintendo has lowered quality. That would be surprising, but we'll see soon.

TheNeck

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If you live in Southern California, especially in LA county, for some reason its very hard to find a ds lite in stock, at least not until chinese new year passes. I live in SoCal but in the IE and its not hard to find a ds at all.

resres

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, might be true. Stopped by BB, out of stock. However, my brother keeps saying they've been in stock for awhile, maybe we're unlucky this time. I tend to disagree, but whatever.
If you live in Southern California, especially in LA county, for some reason its very hard to find a ds lite in stock, at least not until chinese new year passes. I live in SoCal but in the IE and its not hard to find a ds at all.
IE?

TheNeck

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, might be true. Stopped by BB, out of stock. However, my brother keeps saying they've been in stock for awhile, maybe we're unlucky this time. I tend to disagree, but whatever.

IE?

Sorry IE(Inland Empire in Southern California)

resres

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh. Hrm, bit of a drive for me just to get a DS. I think I'll wait for that cobalt blue ds, which is scheduled sometime near early Feb (Buy[dot]com says 2/14), to ship out to these retail stores. =p

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
Well my relatives have finally had some luck, they managed to find one on John Lewis' website early this afternoon. (I'll believe it when it arrives
smile.gif
). Currently 8 black ones left on there if any UK people are interested.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!