Nintendo DS Lites sold out

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by amptor, Jan 7, 2008.

Jan 7, 2008

Nintendo DS Lites sold out by amptor at 11:24 PM (6,006 Views / 0 Likes) 59 replies

1. amptor
    OP

Banned amptor Banned

United States
    What's up with Nintendo, they're doing a horrible job with Wii, and now with the DS. I called Best Buy and they said they won't stock them til April. So I got this useless BB gift card now, thinkin I should probably buy something to pawn on ebay then get back on ebay and buy a lite there [​IMG]

2. Grimalkin

Member Grimalkin Waaaaaaaah!

Canada

Why don't you sell the Gift Card locally for exact value? I usually do that whenever I get one.

There doesn't seem to be stock problem where I live.

3. nando

Member nando GBAtemp Addict

United States
    i have a zelda edition one coming in the mail, but what i really want is the crimson so i'll probably sell it. but yeah it's a pain to find one right now. at least the crimson one.

4. Pulse

Newcomer Pulse Member

Canada
    walmart get stock like once a week/two weeks
    just gotta ask them for the days when they restock, and then you also have to do your part of going in there and getting it!
    thats how i got mine...2 weeks of searching

5. VVoltz

Member VVoltz The Pirate Lord

Bolivia
    amp, it depends on the location it seems. Perhaps try a store a little further.

6. resres

Newcomer resres Member

United States
    Yeah, it sucks. I was planning to upgrade from my Phat, but it seems like I won't get one within the next month I guess. I also have BB gift cards, not that BB was my first choice, but still. =p

7. wilddenim

Member wilddenim Candy!

United Kingdom
    Yeah, they are sold out in UK as well. Wii are also sold out. Still. I really fancy a silver DS Lite after getting annoyed with the fingerprints on my black DS Lite. [​IMG]

8. BoneMonkey

Banned BoneMonkey The cheese stash is a lie.

United States

this has been going on since last year !

9. nando

United States

yeah, they were in stock online this morning, i was about to order when our internets at work went down. it was back up in about 10 minutes but by then it said out of stock [​IMG]

10. VBKirby

Member VBKirby GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    You were gonna buy a DS online at work?

11. nando

United States

what else would i do there?

12. Rayder

Former Staff Rayder Mostly lurking lately....

United States
    It's not Ninty's fault they can't keep up with demand.

The Wii and DS are selling like hotcakes. THAT is why everywhere is out of them.

Ninty is winning the console AND handheld war. ( [​IMG] for Nintendo) It even surprised them. They don't have the resources that Sony and MS have to mass produce systems, especially when they are selling faster than they can make them. So you MUST forgive them for the shortages.

It's just too bad that a side-effect of popularity equals too many shovelware games.

13. Dio

Member Dio WRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

United States
    No, your Best Buy(s) suck. Go to another one.

14. RS VR6

Newcomer RS VR6 Member

United States
    Been wanting to replace my white with the crimson one...no luck.

15. R-Unit 4

Member R-Unit 4 GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    Sold out in 5 shops in aussie. All on the same day.

16. Veho

Global Moderator Veho The man who cried "Ni".

Croatia
    There are plenty of DSLs in my local store. Maybe the price tag of $240 has something to do with it [​IMG]

17. jalaneme

Member jalaneme Female Gamer

United Kingdom
    you must be mad, you do realise that the crimson screens are much more darker than the normal DS lites? they have a orange tint on both screens.

18. MaHe

Member MaHe one lazy schmo

Slovenia
    Well, that's still only 12 € over the official European price (150 €). Still, even this price is ridiculous. I imported mine (and in crimson, too!) from China, where it cost me 80€ with shipping. Sure, I lose the warranty, but even if it breaks down, I can get another one for almost no loss at all ... I want to have prices from the States! :'(

P.S.: That being said, there are heaps of Lites in every local store too. Most of them are the ugly silver ones, but still ...

19. xmortis

Newcomer xmortis Member

United States
    Got my DSLite a couple weeks ago just after the holidays. I searched up and down two states in my area (Noreastern US). I tracked down a single store in a nearby state which had 4 DSLites in stock. All other stores checked were out of stock. By the time I got up to the store, they were down to 2 DSLites. I grabbed mine. Within 15 minutes, I saw 3-4 people wandering around asking where the DSLites were.

Someone peeked into my basked and said 'Hey look, he got one!'.. I felt like running out of the store.

They originally had a single crimson which I wanted, and three blacks. I ended up with a black. From what I hear now though, maybe its a good thing I missed the crimson. Do most crimsons suffer from the dreaded orange display? My black unit has a perfectly clear display. I was surprised at how great it looked.

I opened the box in the car and stuck on the two display protectors immediately. Of course I had to poke around with it [​IMG] Too bad the protector included in the 'enlight' case I bought seems to suck. I may need to track down a better quality protector. Now the trouble. Getting that darn screen protector film OFF the screen. Any tips?

-X

20. Speed Freak

Member Speed Freak GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
    You can't get a "legal" DS in Brazil for less than 350 USD... Luckily a relative went to USA and brought me mine for 150 USD and that's the only reason I bought it. [​IMG]