Nintendo, Capcom and SE's stocks drop after pre-TGS presser.

Ssx9

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
QUOTE said:
Even with the many big announcements at the TGS press conference, Nintendo failed to convince its investors, reporting a 5% drop in their stocks.

Capcom's situation is even worse. After the announcement of Monster Hunter 4 for the 3DS, its stocks dropped 8,3%. Square Enix also reported a 3,9% drop in their stocks after the announcement of Bravery Default Flying Fairy for the 3DS.

Source (Eurogamer- Portuguese)

._. . I was expecting the opposite after the announcement of Fire Emblem, the MH games and the release dates.

Small note: I translated it myself, so sorry if there were any mistakes with the translation.

Ace

GBATemp's Patrick Bateman
Trophies
Website
goo.gl
XP
Country
Funny how this also happened when Nintendo announced their Wii U. Same with the Wii.

Perhaps it's a trend that they lose money before they make some, or so the saying goes?
tpi.gif

Ace

Trophies
Website
goo.gl
XP
Country
To be honest, though, a company like Nintendo, at the moment, makes more money when less people own their stocks, since more money goes just to the company on their sales, now. This is what makes money fall in their pockets, making devs happier, making more, better games, and leads to a happy circulation of money. Don't see this is a problem of doubt: see it as a solution, by peeling their layers of stock owners!

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're not investors. So your wet dreams of a Fire Emblem with 3D aren't a widely held dream.

Investors like $.99 cheap app games, not the announcement of $40 games and lame accessories.

Plus Monster Hunter on a Nintendo system isn't gonna get people ecstatic, especially when the PSP games sold a hell of a lot more each (minus the original Monster Hunter Freedom).

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
stock market is filled with retards. thats simply it

95% of the investors have no idea what the fuck they are even investing into.

they dont inform themselves about the product, the marked, the consumer, nothing. chances are half of the people investing in nintendo drop the stock after they realize its a game company

Ssx9

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Guild McCommunist said:
You're not investors. So your wet dreams of a Fire Emblem with 3D aren't a widely held dream.

Investors like $.99 cheap app games, not the announcement of $40 games and lame accessories.

Plus Monster Hunter on a Nintendo system isn't gonna get people ecstatic, especially when the PSP games sold a hell of a lot more each (minus the original Monster Hunter Freedom).

I used these 2 titles because they were the most discussed games in the forums I went to today. And you can't really tell how successful these 2 MH games will be yet. I don't doubt they will be a system seller for some people though.

I don't like FE, and I find MH kinda boring offline.

QUOTE(Clydefrosch @ Sep 13 2011, 09:30 PM) stock market is filled with retards. thats simply it

95% of the investors have no idea what the fuck they are even investing into.

they dont inform themselves about the product, the marked, the consumer, nothing. chances are half of the people investing in nintendo drop the stock after they realize its a game company

This. Sad, but true.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ssx9 said:
Guild McCommunist said:

I used these 2 titles because they were the most discussed games in the forums I went to today. And you can't really tell how successful these 2 MH games will be yet. I don't doubt they will be a system seller for some people though.

No, but you can predict based on MH sales in the past

Ssx9

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
machomuu said:
Ssx9 said:
Guild McCommunist said:

No, but you can predict based on MH sales in the past

Yep. Which is why they might sell even more than the PSP titles.

...That is, if they get localized.

CarbonX13

GBAtemp 台灣人
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
I think we've been through this before. Stock holders and investors have no clue in the industries in which the companies they invest in are operating. The fact that stocks drop after such announcements isn't an indication of a flop, but merely of the fact their investors, whom have no idea how Nintendo or other gaming companies operate to appeal to their audiences, chose to think that this move is too much to handle.

Ace

Trophies
Website
goo.gl
XP
Country
DiscostewSM said:
Their stock went down not only after the announcement of the Wii U, but also when they had announced the Wii years ago. Yet, the Wii made them a ton of money in the long run.

Investors buy/sell based on their expectations, not consumer expectations.

Isn't this basically restating what I said a page ago?
This is not a bad thing for Nintendo. Rather, this is a sign that shows that each console sold will earn them more money than before. And I do think that they're in need of some cash, judging from their salary cuts...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 24,000 hmmmm lol