Nintendo 3DS Worldwide Price Cut announced, GBA/NES for 3DS VC

dgwillia

The Bacon Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lol, the Welcome Back program was pretty awesome. And i loved how people who forgot/procrastinated thier Free Downloads complained and ended up getting another extension. (Which was awesome for me, since it glitched up and i got a second month of PSN Plus for free)

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've locked my topic and am linking to this one for ongoing discussion. Unless i know what i'm doing next time, i won't merge topics anymore lol!
tongue.gif

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
lostdwarf said:
Glad I sold my 3DS back to asda, I will wait till after christmas still just in case the price goes down again, plus I want a new 3DS that doesnt scratch itself.
May just wait for a new model.
good news though.
You sure should be glad.
I should have traded it in for 154 when I had the chance. Called up game and they are offering me £130~

Not really interested into VC or anything -.-

koimayeul

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Erdnaxela said:
Uh oh I'm quite happy to be an early adopter, so much good free game
biggrin.gif

And yay for price cut, everyone will be happy!
Im scared to see the price tag in euro already seeing Dsi XL at about 169€ it means the 3DS would come cheaper than that.. and i doubt it ><

Edit : nice granville keep one thread XD

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
Tanveer said:
lostdwarf said:
Glad I sold my 3DS back to asda, I will wait till after christmas still just in case the price goes down again, plus I want a new 3DS that doesnt scratch itself.
good news though.
You sure should be glad.
I should have traded it in for 154 when I had the chance. Called up game and they are offering me £130~

Do you foresee the price dropping below £130? If so, I guess you could still get some money back. It doesn't really seem worth the trouble though.

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Nathan Drake said:
Tanveer said:
lostdwarf said:
good news though.
You sure should be glad.

Do you foresee the price dropping below £130? If so, I guess you could still get some money back. It doesn't really seem worth the trouble though.
I am guessing that you should be able to get it for less than £130.. at least on amazon.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks like Mario 3D's name may have been officially confirmed in those press statements as well as all the other news. I glimpsed the name they seem to be giving it there- "Super Mario 3D Land".

I thought at first they meant Mario Land on GB VC, but nope, that's what the new 3DS game's title appears to be.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
Tanveer said:
Nathan Drake said:
Tanveer said:
lostdwarf said:
good news though.
You sure should be glad.

I am guessing that you should be able to get it for less than £130.. at least on amazon.

Maybe you could get the games and then sell the 3DS as a whole locally for some profit, then just get another 3DS. With all 20 games, especially the exclusive GBA ones, you have to figure that somebody that missed out that is really interested would probably pay a solid amount. Maybe even trade you their 3DS plus some money.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
granville said:
Looks like Mario 3D's name may have been officially confirmed in those press statements as well as all the other news. I glimpsed the name they seem to be giving it there- "Super Mario 3D Land".

I thought at first they meant Mario Land on GB VC, but nope, that's what the new 3DS game's title appears to be.
I seen that. Super Mario Land 3D would have been better, but whatever.

Also read Mario Kart 3DS is Mario Kart 7.
blink.gif

As in the name is Mario Kart 7.

dgwillia

The Bacon Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
KingVamp said:
granville said:

blink.gif

Yeah, theres been 6 Mario Karts before it. (SNES, GBA, N64, Gamecube, Wii, DS).

On a side note, i LOVE how people on other forums are raging/trolling about the price drop. I dont regret buying it Day 1 at all

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Nathan Drake said:
Maybe you could get the games and then sell the 3DS as a whole locally for some profit, then just get another 3DS. With all 20 games, especially the exclusive GBA ones, you have to figure that somebody that missed out that is really interested would probably pay a solid amount. Maybe even trade you their 3DS plus some money.
lol.. I dont think the same offer would be up for europe. Either way, I dont think I will find someone who would be interested into VC and classic content. Unless some here on temp is willing to pay lol.

Shiro09

AAI2 Localisation Team
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
dgwillia said:
KingVamp said:
granville said:

blink.gif

Yeah, theres been 6 Mario Karts before it. (SNES, GBA, N64, Gamecube, Wii, DS).

On a side note, i LOVE how people on other forums are raging/trolling about the price drop. I dont regret buying it Day 1 at all
Neither in AU the games are probably about 10 dollares each, buying all of them itd be around $200 that theyre giving us free.

skawo96

Trophies
XP
Country
granville said:
I could see Nintendo naming it Mario Kart 7. With a fancy logo, and 7 being considered a rather "powerful" number among superstitious people.
tongue.gif
That'd also make it obvious it's a different title from Mario Kart DS

signz

Timelord
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
granville said:
I could see Nintendo naming it Mario Kart 7. With a fancy logo, and 7 being considered a rather "powerful" number among superstitious people.
tongue.gif
*cough* Final Fantasy 7 *cough*
tongue.gif

But wow, the 7th Mario Kart already?

@topic: If they plan on dropping the price by 1/3 or the current price, it should be ~145€ here then, which sounds like a more "real" price than 250 (now being 217).
I'm still waiting tho, til more new/real/proper games get released (I mean, I love remakes, but I don't want to buy such a device just for those)...

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
granville said:
tongue.gif
Yea, I was just thinking that.
laugh.gif

"Not only do I got MK on the 3DS, it is lucky too!"
tongue.gif

After you think about it, your money would have gone to them to that new R&D building anyway.
tongue.gif

koimayeul

Trophies
XP
Country
France
what about being cheated, getting screwed over first price etc.. it was you guys decision to pay full price as early adopters of the device none forced you and none stole from your wallet.. make a choice, stick with it & be happy to get extras geez -_-'

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
koimayeul said:
what about being cheated, getting screwed over first price etc.. it was you guys decision to pay full price as early adopters of the device none forced you and none stole from your wallet.. make a choice, stick with it & be happy to get extras geez -_-'
You would feel the same way if you bought it at launch.

Specially since none of the VC or classic stuff interests me any longer.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: