1. koimayeul

koimayeul GBAtemp Maniac

France
    Ninty got tired getting rolled over by good 'ol PSP lol

Good move now release original games and i might buy one [​IMG]

2. Nathan Drake

Nathan Drake Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.

In Japan, I think the 3DS has been getting steamrolled by the PSP. In Western countries, not so much. The PSP is pretty much already dead everywhere that isn't Japan.

3. dgwillia

dgwillia The Bacon Lover

United States
    As an early adopter (Day 1), i can say that i am not mad in the least. Free games is quite awesome [​IMG].

Atleast they dont leave customers out to dry like Sony and the PSP's (Namely the GO)

4. MrShawnTRods

MrShawnTRods GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    Erhmm, well it was already sold for £154 on amazon.

If they officially cut it down to around £150, expect it for much lower on online retailers [​IMG].

But I would guess £129.99
    and that you can grab it for £100 on amazon.
    Meh, I feel like I wasted my money on getting it. All the hype.. I coudnt bare it and now the 3DS log shows I played less than 8 hours in 3 months time lol...

5. thela_kid

thela_kid GBAtemp Regular

United States
    im really freakin' pissed. i want my 80 bucks back. i wanted to return it but best buy won't take it back after 30 days. i have ONE game, LoZ OoT, and frankly im bored shitless with it. -.-' ill trade someone this 3ds for a price-dropped one and 80 bucks

6. MrShawnTRods

United Kingdom
    Whats happening? lol
    I guess you merged it wrong and reversed it [​IMG]?

7. granville

granville GBAtemp Goat

United States
    Trying to fix the merge mess. Pm'ed Costy. I'll let him decide whether to merge this or lock and link to the other discussion. I'll clean my redundant posts afterwards. And yeah, merged it wrong and reversed it. I don't know how that happened (must have merged them in the wrong order).

8. Nathan Drake

Are you unaware of the free games with the Go thing that happened due to the lack of sales of what should have been the ultimate PSP revision? With every new purchase, people got something like three or five or ten free PSP games off a select (none too shabby) list. Of course, then you had to wait for all of them to download as they slowly ate most of your Go's internal memory.

9. koimayeul

koimayeul GBAtemp Maniac

France
    " special free VC games to early adopters who paid full "

10. dgwillia

dgwillia The Bacon Lover

United States
    I am, but they didnt apply for early adopters. I mean, i didnt pay for my GO (Nor do i regret it), but it was still pretty shady of them to exclude anyone who purchased it before a drop.

11. MrShawnTRods

United Kingdom
    Dont think that would quite work out [​IMG].

But, quickly check GAMESTOP or whatever gaming store and see how much the trade-in value is as of now lol.

12. KingVamp

KingVamp Haaah-hahahaha!

United States
    Hmmm....

I wonder if "All is Not Lost" music video was purposely release at this time? [​IMG]

I guess this was under their sleeves the whole time...

13. thela_kid

thela_kid GBAtemp Regular

United States
    i couldn't care less about some crappy software released decades ago. i can spend 80 bucks on much better things

14. koimayeul

koimayeul GBAtemp Maniac

France
    Two news? :wtf:

15. punkyrule

punkyrule GBAtemp Regular

Philippines
    Good news is good news! Good thing I'm an early adopter. [​IMG]

16. damedus

damedus GBAtemp Regular

United States
    awesome 20 games to have on my console where some ill actually play. This beats the psp/ps3 gift by a landslide and the fact they are saying the GBA games wont be up for sale makes me happy I early adopted.

17. Nathan Drake

Sales for the Go were abysmal at that point in time. I don't think Sony thought the backlash was going to be so bad for excluding what were current owners of the system. I don't really remember any backlash, but that's probably due to the whole abysmal sales thing. Not like Go sales really picked up anyways until it was hacked. It really shows what the average PSP owner has in mind (and I'm sure Sony noticed too with the sudden increase in sales and new hacks for their portable. I figure that they just gave up trying to stop piracy.).

lol @ the mention of the Welcome Back program. The Welcome Back program was to keep people happy. Customers didn't lose anything other than online time. Sony didn't have to give them anything. It was a courtesy, though a necessary one to keep some people on the systems.

Edit: Good lord that typo was a bad one.

18. lostdwarf

lostdwarf GBAtemp Maniac

Glad I sold my 3DS back to asda, I will wait till after christmas still just in case the price goes down again, plus I want a new 3DS that doesnt scratch itself.
    May just wait for a new model.
    good news though.

19. ahtin

OP ahtin GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Hong Kong

I am not a English user and cant write a good story for Gbatemp, I only share a big news as soon as possible here after I get it. We are doing a same thing here but I really care about duplicate discussion thread problem, to get a credit is not my goal for share news at Gbatemp, I have lots of credit from Gbatemp many years ago XD, thank you for merge the discussion and keep update the official news for worldwide price cut details.

P.S.: I will EDIT the first page to notice members for full story at official NEWS thread.

20. Erdnaxela

Erdnaxela GBAtemp Fan

France
    Uh oh I'm quite happy to be an early adopter, so much good free game [​IMG]
    And yay for price cut, everyone will be happy!

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Worldwide, announced, Nintendo