Nintendo 3DS gets a new firmware update for version 11.14.0-46

dims.jpg

2020 hasn't been the most stable year, but at least Nintendo is hard at work making sure that above all else, the Nintendo 3DS is the most stable thing in your life during these trying times. The system has just received a brand new firmware update, the first of 2020, to be exact, bringing the revision number to 11.14.0-46. Currently, the yls8 page shows us that a few changes were made regarding the web browser, NATIVE_FIRM, and more. The official changelog from Nintendo says the oh so popular phrase you've come to love:
  • Further improvements to overall system stability and other minor adjustments have been made to enhance the user experience.
Considering the random nature of this update, and the first few initial claims of those that took the plunge already, you might want to hold off on updating for right now, if you value having homebrew on your console. Reports state that Luma3DS is crashing, and that BrowserHax has been patched.

:arrow: Source

gamer765

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sometimes I like to think Nintendo updates the 3DS not to break CFW, but instead to see what kind of stability jokes GBAtemp can come up with.
Problem being there hasn't been a good stability joke posted for about 3 years :rofl2:
The quality of the stability jokes have slowly stabilized with the stability patches posted by nintendo. To one up nintendo's stability patch with an omegalul joke would be a slap to the face and throw some instability to the balance of the universe. It's all about the meta.

Last edited by gamer765,

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
The quality of the stability jokes have slowly stabilized with the stability patches posted by nintendo. To one up nintendo's stability patch with an omegalul joke would be a slap to the face and throw some instability to the balance of the universe. It's all about the meta.
Stay tuned next week for 11.15 fixing a bug introduced by poor testing of this update

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

CTR640

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
How is the 3DS (XL) btw? Fun or pass? I wanted to get one too but for some reason it never came true.
I would like to to play games on it (duh) and also watching .mp4 on it but from what I've gathered, the Switch doesn't have a media player to play mp4...

Reactions: Firexploit

SuperDan

Im Aware ... Im Unaware
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How is the 3DS (XL) btw? Fun or pass? I wanted to get one too but for some reason it never came true.
I would like to to play games on it (duh) and also watching .mp4 on it but from what I've gathered, the Switch doesn't have a media player to play mp4...
i bought one cheap 2 years ago ! great toy good games forget about mp4's use Moflex 3D Movies they look so good ...

Momoro

The Dark One
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

2020 hasn't been the most stable year, but at least Nintendo is hard at work making sure that above all else, the Nintendo 3DS is the most stable thing in your life during these trying times. The system has just received a brand new firmware update, the first of 2020, to be exact, bringing the revision number to 11.14.0-46. Currently, the yls8 page shows us that a few changes were made regarding the web browser, NATIVE_FIRM, and more. The official changelog from Nintendo says the oh so popular phrase you've come to love:
  • Further improvements to overall system stability and other minor adjustments have been made to enhance the user experience.
Considering the random nature of this update, and the first few initial claims of those that took the plunge already, you might want to hold off on updating for right now, if you value having homebrew on your console. Reports state that Luma3DS is crashing, and that BrowserHax has been patched.

It's working fine for me. When was this update released?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

So far no problem for me, but if I do get a problem, I'm going to die.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I thought they discontinued support for the 3ds..?

D

Deleted User

Welp.

Since the previous Update didn't do anything to crash my New 3DS XL, I assumed this was another one of those, a parting gift so to speak. A repeatedly crashing startup is a gift of sorts, just not the type I was expecting ...

- Browserhax patched.
- Other unreleased exploits patched (don't know what).
- Luma3ds crashing but should be fixable.
https://github.com/LumaTeam/Luma3DS/releases/tag/v10.2.1 (here's the fix)

Use caution when updating if you have cfw.
If you don't have cfw, you might want to wait to update.

This did the trick for me. Thank you.
For those panicking and forgot how to do this, just unzip and copy-paste into the Micro SD's Root folder.
It will overwrite; I had to double check myself because it's been that long since I patched this from the PC.

tomservo6

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I seem to be having trouble updating Luma3DS. I use the Luma updater and it says I'm on current version 6.6-b16d887. It downloads the latest version and says it updated. But both holding select when booting and going back in the updater still shows that version 6.6.

I also tried downloading the Luma zip from github, unzipping, and dropping it on the root of my SD and the same thing is happening. Still showing 6.6.

Any thoughts?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Ello