Nintendo 3DS gets a new firmware update for version 11.14.0-46

dims.jpg

2020 hasn't been the most stable year, but at least Nintendo is hard at work making sure that above all else, the Nintendo 3DS is the most stable thing in your life during these trying times. The system has just received a brand new firmware update, the first of 2020, to be exact, bringing the revision number to 11.14.0-46. Currently, the yls8 page shows us that a few changes were made regarding the web browser, NATIVE_FIRM, and more. The official changelog from Nintendo says the oh so popular phrase you've come to love:
  • Further improvements to overall system stability and other minor adjustments have been made to enhance the user experience.
Considering the random nature of this update, and the first few initial claims of those that took the plunge already, you might want to hold off on updating for right now, if you value having homebrew on your console. Reports state that Luma3DS is crashing, and that BrowserHax has been patched.

:arrow: Source

ChiefReginod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All of a sudden the battery-indicator went from blinking read to full battery in about 1 hour. Have turned on the 3DS since then and for now it seems to be working fine. First time I've had this happened to me.
Same thing happened to my 3DS after the update. I actually thought my system was just getting old, but now that I think about it it did seem to coincide with the update.

Symptoms:
The battery suddenly doesn't last half as long as before. The charge level goes from blue to blinking red with no low-battery indicator in-between. As you said as well, it strangely only takes about an hour to charge from blinking red to fully charged (ie, when the charging light goes off).

So that makes two of us with oddly similar issues. Anyone else?

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
How 2 Install Homebrew on This.
You use http://3ds.guide, same as always.

All my Hacking tools do not work and say Unknown Device.
I have no idea what hacking tools you might be using that would say "Unknown Device". That is not an error I've ever heard of before.

Your other post suggests your 3DS is already hacked. If you did not update your Luma before updating to 11.14, then as has been repeatedly stated in this thread, you need to update your Luma.

Last edited by Kwyjor,

blueolive0087

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had HomeBrew installed using 3ds.guide on the previous version. Now getting pop ups for updates. Can I update to latest version without any issue? If not, how to disable these pop ups?

Elbarto1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had HomeBrew installed using 3ds.guide on the previous version. Now getting pop ups for updates. Can I update to latest version without any issue? If not, how to disable these pop ups?
I have the same question. I dont use my 3ds enough to keep up on big scene news/updates/changes.
I picked it up again the other day because of the dsiware games getting delisted. I saw pop up for system update. I updated luma to 10.2.1 but then that caused godmode9 to break, so i reverted luma back down to 10.1.3.

TL;DR i recently started seeing system update notification, dont want to brick or lose luma access. Update or no?

Thanks

blueolive0087

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got it. You need to update luma first and then can safely update the 3DS. Mine worked fine. Luma updater has to be v2.5 (may not recall correctly) for updating luma using luma updater from 3ds.

Elbarto1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got it. You need to update luma first and then can safely update the 3DS. Mine worked fine. Luma updater has to be v2.5 (may not recall correctly) for updating luma using luma updater from 3ds.
Thanks, yeah I found a helpful youtube video that answered my questions. After applying the Luma update followed by the System Update, godmode9 just needed a manual update by moving a few files over and its all good. Even if its a noob question thst has been answered previously, Id rather ask first than risk a brick.

RookieKid

Trophies
XP
Country

I'm not sure what order I did it in, but I have Lumia 2.5 and I've updated my 3DS a while back. Does it matter what order you do it in?

Same thing happened to my 3DS after the update. I actually thought my system was just getting old, but now that I think about it it did seem to coincide with the update.

Symptoms:
The battery suddenly doesn't last half as long as before. The charge level goes from blue to blinking red with no low-battery indicator in-between. As you said as well, it strangely only takes about an hour to charge from blinking red to fully charged (ie, when the charging light goes off).

So that makes two of us with oddly similar issues. Anyone else?

I can't really say if it was just a glitch or something. I let the 2DSXL charge over night at one point, like really long, even after the indicator stopped glowing. I recently started playing Majoras Mask with 3 out 4 in the battery indicator (not sure about the %) After playing for about 4 hours, I got the red indicator light glowing, so I started charging it but forgot to look how many bars I had left. The New 2DS XL is supposed to have 3.5 - 6.5 hours battery life according to google. So it might check out as it should. But I'm gonna try and clock it just to be sure. But try and charge it way long, if you haven't done so.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure what order I did it in, but I have Lumia 2.5 and I've updated my 3DS a while back. Does it matter what order you do it in?

I can't really say if it was just a glitch or something. I let the 2DSXL charge over night at one point, like really long, even after the indicator stopped glowing. I recently started playing Majoras Mask with 3 out 4 in the battery indicator (not sure about the %) After playing for about 4 hours, I got the red indicator light glowing, so I started charging it but forgot to look how many bars I had left. The New 2DS XL is supposed to have 3.5 - 6.5 hours battery life according to google. So it might check out as it should. But I'm gonna try and clock it just to be sure. But try and charge it way long, if you haven't done so.

it doesn't matter, but you can't use luma updater if you update first. last time several of us tried updater, it didn't work for some reason. it may work now. if it doesn't, just manually put the boot.firm on the micro sd card.

dunno about battery life, but it depends on a lot of things like brightness and whatnot. the battery doesn't last all that long like most battery-powered devices. the only things that survive long periods are Nintendo's controllers usually.

ChiefReginod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I probably should have posted an update, but I think the weird battery issues might have been related to a DS flash cart I always kept in the system. I never had any problems with leaving it in before, but once I removed the cart the sudden battery light flashing stopped and it went back to a more gradual drain.

I'm sure it was at least partly a coincidence since it's an older system and all batteries will eventually die, but removing the flash cart helped in any case.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I probably should have posted an update, but I think the weird battery issues might have been related to a DS flash cart I always kept in the system. I never had any problems with leaving it in before, but once I removed the cart the sudden battery light flashing stopped and it went back to a more gradual drain.

I'm sure it was at least partly a coincidence since it's an older system and all batteries will eventually die, but removing the flash cart helped in any case.

good possibility. I know the supercard dstwo drains the 3ds big time even when not on. that's one reason I only use it with the ds.

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
can someone help me know how to load homebrew with the luma3ds hacks as i am new to hacking w/ homebrew.
First tip: don't ask an unrelated question in a thread that's a month old. This applies to message boards in general.

Second tip: when asking for help, try to explain what you have done so far, because how else do you expect people to help you?

Have you already installed Luma? Did you follow http://3ds.guide ?

turdboi420-gang

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can someone help me know how to load homebrew with the luma3ds hacks as i am new to hacking w/ homebrew.
btw i am actually turquoisetnt but i forget my password......

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

First tip: don't ask an unrelated question in a thread that's a month old. This applies to message boards in general.

Second tip: when asking for help, try to explain what you have done so far, because how else do you expect people to help you?

Have you already installed Luma? Did you follow h t t p s : / / 3 d s . h a c k s . g u i d e ?
and i also found out what i was doing wrong.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Have you already installed Luma? Did you follow h t t p s : / / 3 d s . h a c k s . g u i d e ?
and i also found out what i was doing wrong.

Reactions: TurquoiseTNT

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: You booze you snooze?