1. Subis

Subis Newbie
    Newcomer

Chile
    Cool! Thanks for the quick reply.

2. ChiefReginod

ChiefReginod GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Same thing happened to my 3DS after the update. I actually thought my system was just getting old, but now that I think about it it did seem to coincide with the update.

Symptoms:
    The battery suddenly doesn't last half as long as before. The charge level goes from blue to blinking red with no low-battery indicator in-between. As you said as well, it strangely only takes about an hour to charge from blinking red to fully charged (ie, when the charging light goes off).

So that makes two of us with oddly similar issues. Anyone else?

3. TurquoiseTNT

TurquoiseTNT Newbie
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
    How 2 Install Homebrew on This.
    All my Hacking tools do not work and say Unknown Device.

4. Kwyjor

Kwyjor GBAtemp Maniac

Canada
    You use http://3ds.guide, same as always.

I have no idea what hacking tools you might be using that would say "Unknown Device". That is not an error I've ever heard of before.

Your other post suggests your 3DS is already hacked. If you did not update your Luma before updating to 11.14, then as has been repeatedly stated in this thread, you need to update your Luma.

Last edited by Kwyjor, Dec 22, 2020
  5. blueolive0087

blueolive0087 Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    I had HomeBrew installed using 3ds.guide on the previous version. Now getting pop ups for updates. Can I update to latest version without any issue? If not, how to disable these pop ups?

6. Elbarto1

Elbarto1 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I have the same question. I dont use my 3ds enough to keep up on big scene news/updates/changes.
    I picked it up again the other day because of the dsiware games getting delisted. I saw pop up for system update. I updated luma to 10.2.1 but then that caused godmode9 to break, so i reverted luma back down to 10.1.3.

TL;DR i recently started seeing system update notification, dont want to brick or lose luma access. Update or no?

Thanks

7. Kwyjor

Kwyjor GBAtemp Maniac

Canada
    No one replied because there are already dozens of posts answering that question.

8. blueolive0087

blueolive0087 Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    I got it. You need to update luma first and then can safely update the 3DS. Mine worked fine. Luma updater has to be v2.5 (may not recall correctly) for updating luma using luma updater from 3ds.

9. Elbarto1

Elbarto1 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Thanks, yeah I found a helpful youtube video that answered my questions. After applying the Luma update followed by the System Update, godmode9 just needed a manual update by moving a few files over and its all good. Even if its a noob question thst has been answered previously, Id rather ask first than risk a brick.

10. pennylessz

pennylessz Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    I'm not really in a good position to access my SD manually, this is concerning.

11. Kwyjor

Kwyjor GBAtemp Maniac

Canada
    Welcome! Your comment is completely baffling.

hug0-a7x likes this.
  12. RookieKid

RookieKid Advanced Member
    Newcomer

I'm not sure what order I did it in, but I have Lumia 2.5 and I've updated my 3DS a while back. Does it matter what order you do it in?

I can't really say if it was just a glitch or something. I let the 2DSXL charge over night at one point, like really long, even after the indicator stopped glowing. I recently started playing Majoras Mask with 3 out 4 in the battery indicator (not sure about the %) After playing for about 4 hours, I got the red indicator light glowing, so I started charging it but forgot to look how many bars I had left. The New 2DS XL is supposed to have 3.5 - 6.5 hours battery life according to google. So it might check out as it should. But I'm gonna try and clock it just to be sure. But try and charge it way long, if you haven't done so.

13. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Legend

United States
    it doesn't matter, but you can't use luma updater if you update first. last time several of us tried updater, it didn't work for some reason. it may work now. if it doesn't, just manually put the boot.firm on the micro sd card.

dunno about battery life, but it depends on a lot of things like brightness and whatnot. the battery doesn't last all that long like most battery-powered devices. the only things that survive long periods are Nintendo's controllers usually.

14. ChiefReginod

ChiefReginod GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I probably should have posted an update, but I think the weird battery issues might have been related to a DS flash cart I always kept in the system. I never had any problems with leaving it in before, but once I removed the cart the sudden battery light flashing stopped and it went back to a more gradual drain.

I'm sure it was at least partly a coincidence since it's an older system and all batteries will eventually die, but removing the flash cart helped in any case.

15. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Legend

United States
    good possibility. I know the supercard dstwo drains the 3ds big time even when not on. that's one reason I only use it with the ds.

16. turdboi420-gang

Newcomer

United States
    can someone help me know how to load homebrew with the luma3ds hacks as i am new to hacking w/ homebrew.

17. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Legend

United States
    you need the boot.3dsx file for homebrew launcher.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

read this: https://3ds.hacks.guide/finalizing-setup.html

18. Kwyjor

Kwyjor GBAtemp Maniac

Canada
    First tip: don't ask an unrelated question in a thread that's a month old. This applies to message boards in general.

Second tip: when asking for help, try to explain what you have done so far, because how else do you expect people to help you?

Have you already installed Luma? Did you follow http://3ds.guide ?

19. turdboi420-gang

Newcomer

United States
    btw i am actually turquoisetnt but i forget my password......

and i also found out what i was doing wrong.

and i also found out what i was doing wrong.

TurquoiseTNT likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Nintendo, firmware, version