Next Smash Bros. Dropping Cutscenes Because Of Online Uploads

kuwanger

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So...any chance of Nintendo retroactively doing the same for Metroid: Other M? Okay, I kid, I kid. :)

Honestly, as others have pointed out, the whole SSE movie clips thing were just nonsense, AFAICT. So, I don't see it as any real big loss. But, the reasoning behind it is on the same line as if they had said, "We're not including an accumulation of cutscenes in the new SSB because it was sunny and blue skies today." So, I can understand being totally confused. But, just like Metroid: Other M, as long as the game play is good enough, what do I care about story? I mean, the point of Nintendo games was supposed to be fun, not story, right? :)

D

Dork

It's like you guys have no reading comprehension.
Instead, characters will get intro sequences similar to what we saw at E3 with the introduction of Mega Man, Animal Crossing's Villager and the Wii Fit Trainer.

We will still be getting videos, just not boring Subspace Emissary tier cutscenes.

Reactions: the_randomizer

calmwaters

Cat's best friend
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait. THAT's the first dick-move? Not the fact its taking them a year to implement Miiverse to their own goddamn handheld while iPhones have had it for months? Not taking ad-revenue from people who are essentially promoting their games? THAT?

Yes, it's the first dick move. Who cares what kind of internet shit they are or are not doing: none of that will be useful if they don't release some games and prevent their company from going under. Which won't happen, since loyal Nintendo fans don't want to see them go under. I don't want them to go under, and I think I'm a loyal fan. They can take as much time as they need to implement anything, provided they release some games we want to play in a timely fashion.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's like you guys have no reading comprehension.

We will still be getting videos, just not boring Subspace Emissary tier cutscenes.

Asking for people to use reading comprehension, on the internet? Isn't that a bit, well, too presumptuous of a thing to ask?

Besides, those Brawl cut scenes were meh at best.

The Milkman

GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, it's the first dick move. Who cares what kind of internet shit they are or are not doing: none of that will be useful if they don't release some games and prevent their company from going under. Which won't happen, since loyal Nintendo fans don't want to see them go under. I don't want them to go under, and I think I'm a loyal fan. They can take as much time as they need to implement anything, provided they release some games we want to play in a timely fashion.

Who the hell buys Nintendo consoles for Japanese Indie games!?

2ndApex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because some people do care about it, it's gaming news, and this is a gaming website. Are you seriously complaining because the front page is finally being actively updated after going through week long bursts, if not longer, of nothing over the past couple of years? Not all news will be what you deem to be important. Get over it.

There's so much gaming news going on right now and it's pretty laughable that this makes it to the front page. It's not about me caring, it's about relevancy. Same shit went on during Evo 2013. Nintendo almost pulled SSBM from the tournament, and there were dozens of breath-taking sets and great presentations but somehow the super awkward Xbox One KI presentation (that nobody watched) getting booed was the only thing up here.

I'd probably take actual news or nothing over stuff like this, at least on GbatempV3 you could filter stuff out to read console hacking/modding/homebrew updates exclusively.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
and there were dozens of breath-taking sets and great presentations but somehow the super awkward Xbox One KI presentation (that nobody watched) getting booed was the only thing up here.
Probably because people are getting so jaded with announcements of things to come (and announcements of announcements, a shitty trend we've seen in the past year).

With all the games that get announced (especially at console launch and presentations) and then either delayed for years or cancelled, I can't blame people for not exactly having faith in something that's not concrete and instead focusing on what they can be certain is actually coming out (the systems themselves, sequels to series that have no historical delays/cancellations).

Lestworth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's so much gaming news going on right now and it's pretty laughable that this makes it to the front page. It's not about me caring, it's about relevancy. Same shit went on during Evo 2013. Nintendo almost pulled SSBM from the tournament, and there were dozens of breath-taking sets and great presentations but somehow the super awkward Xbox One KI presentation (that nobody watched) getting booed was the only thing up here.

I'd probably take actual news or nothing over stuff like this, at least on GbatempV3 you could filter stuff out to read console hacking/modding/homebrew updates exclusively.

Yeah but the Evo crowd didn't boo Killer Instinct, they booed when the guy said " Xbox One ... "

I believe that people are more angry over the way Nintendo announced it, rather then removing the content. Basically blaming the internet (a huge source of your revenue and marketing) for their mistakes is a big no no.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Oooh this looks fun

The competitive smash brothers scene is relevant, worthy of respect and pissed off by this move.

But, this is the Temp, any tidbit of info is passed off as major news and then immediately blown out of proportion. Once it reaches to that level, a s**tstorm commences. Lather, rinse, repeat.

http://gbatemp.net/search/13788316/ (might not work for others/long)
http://gbatemp.net/threads/ea-is-developing-wii-u-games.348280/#post-4649900
http://gbatemp.net/threads/facebook-security-breach.350010/page-2#post-4688781

Reactions: EZ-Megaman

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.