Hacking Newly downgraded N3DS, why can't I install Menuhax

Ompet

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi!

I have recently downgraded my N3DS to 9.2. I downloaded the Smea starterkit, with 2.1 Menu hax manager. When I press install in the manager, I get the error:

Failed to get the Home Menu title-version.

I use Ninjhax trying to install Menu Hax, is that my problem? Or can I check if some Title IDs are broken since I downgraded (thinking that I would see if home menu broke...)

(I'm currently on 9.2.0-20-E N3DS)

/Ompet

Last edited by Ompet,
D

Deleted User

You need to boot to SysNAND and open the theme menu for it to create meta-data. Then install Menuhax.

Ompet

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes, I already did that unfortunatley. Even tried changing theme.

I havent installed EmuNAND yet, waiting for RxTools (since I'm familiar with them since my O3DS) to finsih their work.

D

Deleted User

Are you using a 2.5hax entry point? Not 1.1 from a CN cartridge or anything

D

Deleted User

Those are files, what are you using to actually boot the HomeBrew Launcher. You say ninjahax, and I'm assuming you're using CN? Have you updated the save on it for 2.5? 1.1b won't work.

Last edited by ,

Ompet

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ah, sorry, I'll try to explain it a bit more:

I just cleaned my SD-card, after that I put those files onto the card.
I then went into Data Mangement to re-generate Nintendo 3DS folder.
I then went into Themes, just for it to create necessary files on my card.
Went into Ninjhax and deleted the old save, and booted up a new with the help of smealums website (is he even supporting 1.1b anymore?).
At last I went into Menuhax manager and it was then and there I got the error message.

Did I do any steps wrong?

Ompet

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Okey, so that solved the problem.. Care to explain why? :D Thought the Ninjhax were "better" (more stable) than all of the other haxs.. :P

D

Deleted User

My guess is you're using an old ninjihax QR code/save. When you booted ninjahax from your cartridge, it flashes the version up top real quickly. My guess is it's 2.0 or 1.1b.

https://smealum.github.io/ninjhax2/

Make sure you grab the correct firmware QR code if you want to use ninjihax. (N3DS 9.2.0.-20E)

Ompet

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Guess you're right.. Might have been on O3DS when I generated the code.. Didn't know I could end up in HBL with the wrong code actually..!

No matter what, thank you very much for your help! :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: See ya see ya later later