spawnferkel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi all,
I have a n3DS XL with B9S + Luma.
After installing a system update recently, it kept crashing immediately after turning it on. I later found out this is a known issue with Luma 10.2 and all I should have done is update to Luma 10.2.1. However, I thought the update had messed up something and decided to restore the SysNAND-backup I had made when I first installed CFW on the n3DS. After this was done, all my games and CFW utilities (FBI, Homebrew Launcher, etc.) were no longer in my home menu. On top of that, I noticed the following:
  • In system settings -> data management -> Nintendo 3DS -> software there are no entries at all, not even with gray X's
  • faketik found no titles and effectively did nothing
  • in gm9, when holding R while selecting "SYSNAND SD" and then selecting "Search for titles" the result is "Found 0 titles"
  • When trying to use "CTRTransfer (Type D9)" -> Rebuild 3DS Database -> Quick it ended with an error: "No usable '<TID_HIGH>' entry"
It might also be relevant that I previously used an o3DS with CFW. When I got my current n3DS (if I remember correctly) I installed CFW on that, THEN did a SysNAND backup (the one I restored which led to my problem) and then did a system transfer to transfer all my games. After that, I used faketik to get all my games back in the home menu, which worked.

I should also mention that there are, apart from the "Private" folder, two subfolders in my "Nintendo 3DS" directory, each of these then again containing one subfolder.

I found a few solutions for similar situations online but nothing has helped so far.

Is there a way to get my games + saves back and if yes, how should I proceed?

Last edited by spawnferkel,

spawnferkel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hey there!
I managed to get my games back and my saves seem to be fine as well ^_^
Thank you so much, TurdPooCharger!

Basically, all I had to do was follow your instructions from the thread titled "files on sd card not loading on 3ds" by Lirx.
(Unfortunately as I am a new member of this forum, I am not allowed to link it.)
However, I had no success when I modified the movable.sed of my n3DS during part 4 (post 13). So I tried doing the same thing to my o3DS's movable.sed and after reducing both the two values described there by 2, the first half of the checksum matched the ID0 of the folder inside the "Nintendo 3DS" directory in which my games were located. Using this movable.sed, I was then able to perform the rest of the steps. After making sure the titles appeared in Data Management, I simply used faketik to add the games back to the home menu.
Now everything seems to be back except my (legit) DSiWare titles, but I don't even really care about those anymore to be honest.
Thanks again for your great instructions (and for referring me to them).
Cheers!

Reactions: TurdPooCharger
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@spawnferkel, you can try recovering the DSiWare titles by using the CTRTransfer (Type D9) - DSiWare CIAs & Saves. This depends if the o3DS, prior to the system transfer, still has them installed in the [2:] SYSNAND TWLN.

I'm impressed that you reconstructed the lost KeyY the old fashion way by manual hex editing. One of those nested links talk about finding it with the CTRTransfer (Type D9) - Fix movable.sed KeyY. That might not have worked on the n3DS depending if the movable.sed received from the o3DS from the system transfer was erased from a (1) nand restore or (2) factory reset.

Reactions: fmkid and godreborn

spawnferkel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thanks, I'll look into that when I get the chance.

I did try recovering my movable.sed with that option (even though it said in the instructions that it would only work if no system transfer was involved), but as expected, it didn't help. Perhaps it would have worked on my o3DS, but I didn't think about that. Doesn't matter now though, since I actually ended up having a lot of fun messing with that stuff :P

Reactions: godreborn

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yWIobzBdKc