Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
rizzod said:
im not insulting, its my opinion.
nice sig btw, i wonder who made that.. *COUGH* ME *COUGH*

Im saying be respectful. example: you make a level and i dont like it. Instead of me calling it SHIT, i say i dont like it. You don't have to be an ass.

ffdgh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lolz underwater sunken ship came to mind as an idea or a whole stage made of bricks with the giga bill behind you destroying the floor while u try to avoid obstacles to get to safety =P

oneleggedjack

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
has anyone here gotten the Leiji Loader to work w/a NSMB PAL iso on an NTSC Wii?
if so what where the patches and settings you used? im on rev14 by the way
thx

ffdgh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
every time i played leiji i got a gray scrolling screen
when i put on ntsc 480i, i was stuck on a green screen >_>

Pop006

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Did this one for my girlfriend... I know some of you dont like the wiimix title, but its only for fun, plus thats the easiest thing to change...
Once i build up my collection of mario pics, I will eventually start doing some REAL good covers....

peachy1.png

smnp01.png

Beware

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So yay or nay to the retro themed level? I think that's something that could be really cool if the level designers can capture the feeling of different 2D Mario games (SMB, Lost Levels, SMB2, SMB3, SMW, Yoshi's Island, SML, 6 Golden Coins, SML: WarioLand, etc). You could use medleys of the music from those games for each level that are either re-arranged/orchestral or just the straight 8bit tunes. I think that'd be pretty cool in a (new) NSMB.

Timmy5000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Beware said:
So yay or nay to the retro themed level? I think that's something that could be really cool if the level designers can capture the feeling of different 2D Mario games (SMB, Lost Levels, SMB2, SMB3, SMW, Yoshi's Island, SML, 6 Golden Coins, SML: WarioLand, etc). You could use medleys of the music from those games for each level that are either re-arranged/orchestral or just the straight 8bit tunes. I think that'd be pretty cool in a (new) NSMB.

I vote yay,
because we can try to make a whole world based on being retro, and not just a few levels here and there.
But no retro levels, just as you said, the look and style.

RainbowIE

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
LOL, well, I have to say, I didn't expect to have to read through quite so many new posts after waking up! There's no way *I* can respond to every new post, so from memory, here are my thoughts:

Firstly, I'm glad everyone is able to discuss everything maturely and that we have made progress on the title. I agree with rizzod that indeed the official name can come last, but we do need to agree on a working title during the creative process.

I like the three main proposed titles so far:

1) Newer Super Mario Bros. Wii
2) New Super Mario Bros. Wii + (or Plus)
3) New Super Mario Bros. Wii-Mix

I pick these because "Wii" (unfortunately) needs to be in there, to separate the fan edit from a fan edit of New Super Mario Bros DS game. We could call it NSMB2 (despite that sounding like an extension of the DS game more than the Wii game), but so could we call it NSMB3, because it's really the 3rd NSMB lol. And if we did either 2 or 3, people may think we're remaking the original SMB2 or SMB3, just as New Super Mario World is a remake of SMW.

I also think a subtitle just makes an already long title too wordy. I was thinking of perhaps New Super Mario Bros. Wii: The Lost Worlds or something, but yeah, especially if we're including the "Wii" part for clarity, with a title that's too long and for a game where our hands are tied behind our back story-wise, a subtitle is unnecessary, imho.

Then I think we need to accept that there are advantages and disadvantages to each of the above 3 names, to do with aesthetics, search engine clarity, among other issues. But I say we need to simply vote on one of these 3 names now and stick with that throughout the development process as our working title, and if it sticks, then great.

Having said that, I looove the title art work that you created Vibestar -- almost deceptively professional -- and Pop, your covers are great! Perhaps the two can be merged, the cover more utilizing Vibestar's glossy updated newly colorized logo style? (But again, it's mostly about practicing/trying things out at the moment, nothing has to be officially decided until the end.)

Perhaps Vibestar you could work on the above three logos using that same style, you post them here as soon as you're done, and we will have more of an idea of the aesthetics. For the "Newer," if you can't simply rework the image I uploaded, you'll have to move the Super across and stretch out the jagged "new" banner thing, re-angle the word New and add "er" unless you just want to use a new font for "Newer".

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one +1