Newbie tutorials R4 and EZ Flash V

Discussion in 'EZ-Flash' started by daisetsu, Feb 9, 2008.

Feb 9, 2008
  1. daisetsu
    OP

Newcomer daisetsu Newbie

United States
    Are there any video tutorials on how to play GBA games with my R4 card and EZ Flash V?

I've tried gbaldr, and roudolph's app, but none of them work. I've patched soo many things that I'm totally confused. Is there any simple tutorial on how to get something simple setup?

As far as I know R4+EZ Flash V is a pretty common setup.

What I've tried so far is gotten the latest gbaldr updated version for the new ezflash chip, used the dldi tool to patch it, then loaded it to my _system/gbaldr directory, and ran the program. Then I click the gba rom and select write to nor, I then turn off the system and try to boot from the slot 2 like normal. It doesn't work.

What am I doing wrong?

2. turtleman

Member turtleman GBAtemp Regular

United States
    What version are you using? from what I heard, newer versions past somewhere around 1.13 or .14, don't work. Try downgrading your R4. (shouldn't be too big a deal, considering updates past 1.11 are so minuscule, it's unnoticeable in difference.)

3. kreation

Newcomer kreation Member

Australia
    Here's my dilemma, I can run gba roms and play them save them using the in game prompts but when I power down the ds and play it again later, I boot up the gba riom and when I go to the in game load menu...there's no game so all my progess has been for nothing...what am i doing wrong? When i start to play a game, I'm in the PSRAM section which means nothing to me as does the NOR section. The Rumble menu I have sussed out [​IMG] Can some please help me out??

4. budrow66

Member budrow66 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    You should NOT have to DLDI patch GBAexploder for the R4 I didnt have to.
    and the gba folder just gets put on your root NOT in the _system_ folder.
    Hope it helps