Hacking Newb trying to use G6 Lite

Fatbot

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Basically i have followed the instructions the best i could.

Right now i have my DS Lite auto load the DS card. I believe i got Passcard 3 from Hopebuy along with the g6 but only the GBA interface loads and it never loads as the DS.

Also none of the roms i try to load ever show up under the game tab even though i load them through the NDS tab in the loading software.

Please help as this is becoming incresingly frustrating!

RyuKakashi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
That's odd. A passcard like superkey or passcard 3 doens't give you a choice to auto load or not. It always goes into NDS mode and if it can't, it just freezes at the splash. When you take out the passcard 3 and load up the g6 as a GBA game, do you get the same menus?

Fatbot

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If i turn my DS on with Passcard in it it doesnt even see a DS game inserted.

Please help as its 2:00 a.m. here and i am trying to get this ready for work!

Fatbot

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i get the same menus whether the passcard is in there or not. It seems to have no effect. The box btw says pass card though i believe i ordered pass card 3. This whole thing is getting a bit confusing.

Fatbot

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Are you talking about the G6 loader firmware? I updated it based on what was available on the web. I'm not sure what else i can do.

Fatbot

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
At this point it looks like my Passcard is just faulty as it does not register as being there and unless i a missing something this is a big loss for me. I guess i'll email hopebuy and get another.

pelago

Trophies
XP
Country
If you take out all carts, boot your DS, go into options and set it to manual mode, then restart with just the passcard in the slot, does it show up in the DS main menu? If not, then it sounds like your passcard isn't working. Alternatively, maybe you didn't get a passcard3 and it needs programming before it will work.

Deaddy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My Passcard 3 just says "Passcard" on it. I think the difference between 2 and 3 was 2 had red/white sticker and 3 had orange/white.

Fatbot

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
My pass card is orange and white as well and does not shop up in my DS. Is there anything i can do with the card to help this?

pelago

Trophies
XP
Country
If it doesn't show up in the main menu it's either not working or its a passcard2 instead (I don't believe that shows up in the main menu) and needs programming.

Fatbot

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Its annoying these things aren't labeled which version they are. It is orange instead of red but perhaps i was sent a pass2. Either way this has been a very frustrating experience and i'm trying to decide whether or not to get another card from a close supplier than China or to wait for them to send my a replacement (if they even will).

outphase

Custom title
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
passcard2.jpg

This is a passcard 2, if you don't have it looking like this, you don't have a passcard 2. Mostly likely your passcard 3 is busted.

Lazycus

Rotten
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Make sure your PASSCARD is making good contact on all contacts in the DS slot. It might be a good card that just isn't seating correctly. Mine didn't register once even though it was in all the way - ejected, reinserted with a little bit firmer push and it was working fine again. Perhaps you can open the PASSCARD case and not tighten it down so much so it is a little "fatter" and makes better contact?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: yeah