Newb trying to use G6 Lite

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by Fatbot, Aug 9, 2006.

Aug 9, 2006

Newb trying to use G6 Lite by Fatbot at 7:11 AM (1,505 Views / 0 Likes) 15 replies

1. Fatbot
    OP

Newcomer Fatbot Member

Basically i have followed the instructions the best i could.

Right now i have my DS Lite auto load the DS card. I believe i got Passcard 3 from Hopebuy along with the g6 but only the GBA interface loads and it never loads as the DS.

Also none of the roms i try to load ever show up under the game tab even though i load them through the NDS tab in the loading software.

Please help as this is becoming incresingly frustrating!

2. RyuKakashi

Member RyuKakashi GBAtemp Fan

United States
    That's odd. A passcard like superkey or passcard 3 doens't give you a choice to auto load or not. It always goes into NDS mode and if it can't, it just freezes at the splash. When you take out the passcard 3 and load up the g6 as a GBA game, do you get the same menus?

3. Fatbot
    OP

Newcomer Fatbot Member

If i turn my DS on with Passcard in it it doesnt even see a DS game inserted.

Please help as its 2:00 a.m. here and i am trying to get this ready for work!

4. Fatbot
    OP

Newcomer Fatbot Member

i get the same menus whether the passcard is in there or not. It seems to have no effect. The box btw says pass card though i believe i ordered pass card 3. This whole thing is getting a bit confusing.

5. evilreddot

Member evilreddot GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    This is a longshot, but try updating the firmware, or maybe you haven't fully inserted the Passcard 3?

6. Fatbot
    OP

Newcomer Fatbot Member

Are you talking about the G6 loader firmware? I updated it based on what was available on the web. I'm not sure what else i can do.

7. Fatbot
    OP

Newcomer Fatbot Member

At this point it looks like my Passcard is just faulty as it does not register as being there and unless i a missing something this is a big loss for me. I guess i'll email hopebuy and get another.

8. pelago

Member pelago Member

United Kingdom
    If you take out all carts, boot your DS, go into options and set it to manual mode, then restart with just the passcard in the slot, does it show up in the DS main menu? If not, then it sounds like your passcard isn't working. Alternatively, maybe you didn't get a passcard3 and it needs programming before it will work.

9. Deaddy

Member Deaddy GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    My Passcard 3 just says "Passcard" on it. I think the difference between 2 and 3 was 2 had red/white sticker and 3 had orange/white.

10. Fatbot
    OP

Newcomer Fatbot Member

My pass card is orange and white as well and does not shop up in my DS. Is there anything i can do with the card to help this?

11. Mastershredder

Newcomer Mastershredder Member

United States
    You can try putting some isoprophyl alcohol on a q-tip and try to clean the copper contacts on the card. Let it dry, and try again.

12. pelago

Member pelago Member

United Kingdom
    If it doesn't show up in the main menu it's either not working or its a passcard2 instead (I don't believe that shows up in the main menu) and needs programming.

13. Fatbot
    OP

Newcomer Fatbot Member

Its annoying these things aren't labeled which version they are. It is orange instead of red but perhaps i was sent a pass2. Either way this has been a very frustrating experience and i'm trying to decide whether or not to get another card from a close supplier than China or to wait for them to send my a replacement (if they even will).

14. outphase

Member outphase Custom title

United States
    [​IMG]

This is a passcard 2, if you don't have it looking like this, you don't have a passcard 2. Mostly likely your passcard 3 is busted.

15. Lazycus

Member Lazycus Rotten

United States
    Make sure your PASSCARD is making good contact on all contacts in the DS slot. It might be a good card that just isn't seating correctly. Mine didn't register once even though it was in all the way - ejected, reinserted with a little bit firmer push and it was working fine again. Perhaps you can open the PASSCARD case and not tighten it down so much so it is a little "fatter" and makes better contact?

16. Fatbot
    OP

Newcomer Fatbot Member

Thanks, i hope to god that is the case because ordering these things isnt the easiest thing for me to do.