Hacking New users guide to setting up Wood R4

D

Deleted User

It doesn't work...
frown.gif

doesn't matter what I try.
When I start my ds I get a load screen and is freezes of something.

sorry voor my bad english, I'm dutch

Kalyfa

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've scanned through a few other posts and a few pages but haven't come across anyone else asking about a similar problem as I am.

I recently purchased the R4I-Gold Upgrade Revolution for the DS (http://www.R4I-Gold.EU) and have followed the steps provided here to get me set up. I opted out on having a skin show up for my MicroSD but otherwise did as was told.

I downloaded the Wood R4 1.21 file from the provided link (I also downloaded the 1.15 file later to see if it had my missing file, but it did not).

The file I am missing can be found in Part 4 where is says "Your MicroSD card should now look like:"
I have the following files present on my MicroSD:
_rpg
_ds_menu.dat

I am missing the autorun.inf and cannot figure out where to get it.

I do not know if this will fix my problem or not, but I do know that this file is missing and would like to acquire it.

Currently, as things stand when I try to run my R4 I get past the initial DS warning screen and it stays completely white and blank on the bottom screen. And all white on the top except there is an SD card shape in red with a ? and then the word MENU inside of it. Nothing I press changes anything as I have tried pushing any and all of the buttons in an attempt to see if it would prompt anything.

Thanks for your time and I hope I was able to explain myself well enough, I do not have any prior experience with running mods or anything of the sort.

Britinva

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My daughter has an R4 running wood_r4_v1.10..... she has been using it on a DS Lite but now has purchased a DSi XL (firmware 1.4U).

However, does not work.

Will upgrading to v1.22 solve issues or does she need a different cart?

If new cart any recommendations including a genuine place to buy.

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
The original/1:1 sd clone R4 flashcarts can't run on the DSi models, you would need to buy a new flashcart for your DSiXL. As for recommendations...Acekard2i maybe? or a Supercard DSTWO (if you want to pay the amount)? and places to buy them from, well there are various threads around that can probably tell you that sort of info.

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I followed the guide but I cannot get Wood to work on it's own, as it will just give white screens after the Loading... screen. I have to install the official firmware too, boot up to that firmware, then start the woodr4i.nds file manually.

I'm using the R4i Gold from the GBAtemp competition on my DS Lite. Anyone know what's wrong. Using the latest version of Wood R4i Gold (1.23).

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
DeMoN said:
I followed the guide but I cannot get Wood to work on it's own, as it will just give white screens after the Loading... screen. I have to install the official firmware too, boot up to that firmware, then start the woodr4i.nds file manually.

I'm using the R4i Gold from the GBAtemp competition on my DS Lite. Anyone know what's wrong. Using the latest version of Wood R4i Gold (1.23).
I think R4 clones usually boot an unencrypted file unlike the regular _DS_MENU.DAT for the R4...so maybe try renaming the woodr4i.nds to the filename that your flashcart boots first?

Tyalessa23

Trophies
XP
Country
This explanation has been useful however i can't get a list of cheats up when i press that cheat button despite having everything for it
nothing seems to work.... someone please help and explain

pilot14Juan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
okay im new to this forum and to the DS scene.
i recently bought my R4SDHC and it works fine at the moment with the latest kernal version 1.34

what i would like to know is what this wood kernal is and what it does before i initiate with installing it?
call me a noob for all i care i just want to know the basics of this.

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Right...so first thing to note, Wood kernels don't generally work with R4 clones aside from the ones noted with every release (R4iGold and R4iDSN or something like that).
It's pretty much just a different kernel for the R4 that has a different UI and fixes TONS of games that won't work with the original official kernel that is beyond outdated.

raffaaa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
jurassicplayer said:
DeMoN said:

I think R4 clones usually boot an unencrypted file unlike the regular _DS_MENU.DAT for the R4...so maybe try renaming the woodr4i.nds to the filename that your flashcart boots first?

Hey man! You don´t need your original firmware! Just paste the TTmenu.DAT and TTmenu Folder in the root of your SD, then Download the r4istrap and put The R4.DAT (Clean) in the root of your SD too.

After that rename the TTmenu.DAT to _BOOT_DS.NDS and BINGO!!! YOU got it.

scorzeze

Trophies
XP
Country
hi guys i have trawled through the forum looking for specific info on my r4i card and whether i can use wood r4 for it.
i have read that wood is compatible for dsi and i would like to try it but im unsure which kernel to use.
my card is an r4i-gold v1.4 revolution for ds (ndsi,ll(xl) /ndsi/ndsl/nds) bought from r4i-gold.com.this is the one i have at the bottom and its the gold eco package.http://r4i-gold.com/uploads/allimg/110513/1_110513160326_1.jpg
its a decent well built card but im unable to tell if its a fake or not and whether it would be compatible with wood r4 or another loader?.

i bought this card last july and since the update to 1.4.1 im unable to use newer games as this card isnt compatible with the upgrade.
any help you guys can give is greatly appreciated.
thanks in advance.
scorzeze.

Nathanaël

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Nauru
scorzeze said:
hi guys i have trawled through the forum looking for specific info on my r4i card and whether i can use wood r4 for it.
i have read that wood is compatible for dsi and i would like to try it but im unsure which kernel to use.
my card is an r4i-gold v1.4 revolution for ds (ndsi,ll(xl) /ndsi/ndsl/nds) bought from r4i-gold.com.this is the one i have at the bottom and its the gold eco package.http://r4i-gold.com/uploads/allimg/110513/1_110513160326_1.jpg
its a decent well built card but im unable to tell if its a fake or not and whether it would be compatible with wood r4 or another loader?.

i bought this card last july and since the update to 1.4.1 im unable to use newer games as this card isnt compatible with the upgrade.
any help you guys can give is greatly appreciated.
thanks in advance.
scorzeze.

Spam kid.

http://ask.gbatemp.net/2745/help-wood-r4

jrk190

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I first Had my r4i 3ds gold (www.r4ids.cn) It was a spongebob menu. When I updated, it was chessmaster. Then I switched to the r4i kernel instead of wood. It became a japanese title called Dorasu or something. Now I'm back with wood and the firmware won't change. Why is this?

Kashif

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jrk190 said:
When I first Had my r4i 3ds gold (www.r4ids.cn) It was a spongebob menu. When I updated, it was chessmaster. Then I switched to the r4i kernel instead of wood. It became a japanese title called Dorasu or something. Now I'm back with wood and the firmware won't change. Why is this?
The icon has nothing to do with Wood. The icon changes (most of the time) whenever you update your R4 to work on the latest DS Firmware. Wood will still work regardless of the icon, but the R4 might not work on the DS if it is not updated.

andre0407

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Hello there; I've got a question. I apologize in advance if this had been answered before or I hadn't looked in enough places, but I own a r4i gold 3DS (yes, it's the one from r4ids.cn) and it works great on my 3DS, but is there a way to make for autobooting it? I can't seem to find the appropriate option on the 3DS's home menu itself, if there is one!

Thanks in advance!

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
andre0407 said:
Hello there; I've got a question. I apologize in advance if this had been answered before or I hadn't looked in enough places, but I own a r4i gold 3DS (yes, it's the one from r4ids.cn) and it works great on my 3DS, but is there a way to make for autobooting it? I can't seem to find the appropriate option on the 3DS's home menu itself, if there is one!

Thanks in advance!
I'm assuming that you're trying to make the 3ds autoboot the game that's being inserted. Unfortunately, the 3ds doesn't have that option.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/Tt5J7AfCK6E?si=g4dGzOkhACLJAovM