• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

New USA President!

Blood Fetish

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You do realize that YHWH (the Judo Christian God) and Allah are the same guy.. Right?
Judo God
jesus+judo.jpg

Reactions: VinsCool

el_gonz87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You do realize that YHWH (the Judo Christian God) and Allah are the same guy.. Right?

That's not the argument he's making. He's frustrated with all the PC bull trying to erase the use of God (based on our Christian forefathers) from every thing related to the US govt.

I think these liberals are going too far, luckily we have conservatives in power now to bring back some balance to this nonsense. Trump having a Pastor at his inauguration was a big sign of relief.

RevPokemon

GBATemp's 3rd Favorite Transgirl
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think these liberals are going too far, luckily we have conservatives in power now to bring back some balance to this nonsense. Trump having a Pastor at his inauguration was a big sign of relief
Jimmy Carter and Bill Clinton both where instrumental in founding a christian denomination yet that means nothing

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

el_gonz87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jimmy Carter and Bill Clinton both where instrumental in founding a christian denomination yet that means nothing

Sorry I meant the current libs. This has all happened over the last 6 or so years, hmm.... Now they are trying to ban white philosophers at some schools LOL

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

"In God we trust" on our currency and "One nation, under God" in our pledge are relatively recent additions from the Cold War. They aren't some part of the fabric of our country imparted by the founders.

https://www.treasury.gov/about/education/Pages/in-god-we-trust.aspx

That is wayyyyy before the cold war.

Blood Fetish

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sorry I meant the current libs. This has all happened over the last 6 or so years, hmm.... Now they are trying to ban white philosophers at some schools LOL

People have been protesting government-endorsed religion for quite a bit longer than the last 6 years.
Good catch. The money addition was well before the Cold War (though long after the founders were dead). My sentiment remains unchanged.

Edit: This is what is was recalling:
IN GOD WE TRUST was first used on paper money in 1957, when it appeared on the one-dollar silver certificate.

Last edited by Blood Fetish,

XavyrrVaati

Hobbyist programmer?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Keep your damn religion out of government. Practice it all you want, whatever makes you happy. I don't care. But don't go around deciding what I can and cannot do to myself.
If you don't like abortions, then don't get an abortion.
If you don't like birth control, then don't use birth control.
Don't decide the laws to govern me based on an ancient outdated book. This is a world where people can be whoever they want.
Also being raped and denied an abortion is bullshit. Don't tell me that they can be adopted. You're wrong. I've seen it.

So I can't blame people for wanting to remove God from government. Not everyone here is a Christian, and considering the government represents the will of the people, it should reflect that and not the beliefs rich white Christian men. :v
Religion is free in the U.S. and you don't want them to add Muslim things to our money and pledge, so don't go around shoving God in it either.
EDIT: Spelling

el_gonz87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Keep your damn religion out of government. Practice it all you want, whatever makes you happy. I don't care. But don't go around deciding what I can and cannot do to myself.
If you don't like abortions, then don't get an abortion.
If you don't like birth control, then don't use birth control.
Don't decide the laws to govern me based on an ancient outdated book. This is a world where people can be whoever they want.
Also being raped and denied an abortion is bullshit. Don't tell me that they can be adopted. You're wrong. I've seen it.

So I can't blame people for wanting to remove God from government. Not everyone here is a Christian, and considering the government represents the will of the people, it should reflect that and not the beliefs rich white Christian men. :v
Religion is free in the U.S. and you don't want them to add Muslim things to our money and pledge, so don't go around shoving God in it either.
EDIT: Spelling

Huh? What law has been passed to ban abortions? First of all it is an Americans right to fight for what their taxes get used in, a lot of people do not want to have in their conscience that they are helping finance abortions.

The recent executive order that Trump signed simply barred abortions from receiving taxpayer government money as a reimbursement. So now people that want/need abortions will need to finance the cost themselves. No right has been violated here.

Also nobody is shoving God into anything, a lot of what was removed had been around for a very long time. However, it hurt peoples feelings (LOL!), so it was removed.

Reactions: SomecallmeBerto

Tigran

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's not the argument he's making. He's frustrated with all the PC bull trying to erase the use of God (based on our Christian forefathers) from every thing related to the US govt.

I think these liberals are going too far, luckily we have conservatives in power now to bring back some balance to this nonsense. Trump having a Pastor at his inauguration was a big sign of relief.

First... most of our forefathers are not christian... and if you want to be technical...I can more than likely stone you to death right now in accordance to your own book.

el_gonz87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First... most of our forefathers are not christian... and if you want to be technical...I can more than likely stone you to death right now in accordance to your own book.

I never said all or most were lol. I don't need to discuss Alla or Mohammed online, it's off topic.

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
actually you are in a big mistake yes we have some of your industries but , the big enemy of USA is china bc there are alot of factories of USA ( alot more than Mexico ) , for one dolar that get in china it takes 6 of you. Donal Trump is just using Mexico for politics.Just try to read some of economic and dont get "manipulated " by mass media. you are not the only one there are alot of people that dont understand it and just are defending a monster like Hitler
No I definitely know that Donald Trump is just using Mexico for political gain, I'm just trying to sort out the logic of all of his campaign promises

And yes, I'm well aware that there may very well actually be none

Reactions: invaderyoyo

player594

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Listen. I work for a manufacturing company that outsources a lot of their work parts to Mexico and China. I can tell you first hand that the quality of product from both those regions is Shit! We pay out more fixing their mistakes than if we built them ourselves. But just try to explain that to the morons who run it.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Last edited by player594,

Blood Fetish

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Listen. I work for a manufacturing company that outsources a lot of their work parts to Mexico and China. I can tell you first hand that the quality of product from both those regions is Shit! We pay out more fixing their mistakes than if we built them ourselves. But just try to explain that to the morons who run it.

There's nothing inherently wrong with the quality of Mexican or Chinese manufacturing. The issue is that people get the absolute bottom of the barrel as far as price, and then are surprised when the work is poor.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

XavyrrVaati

Hobbyist programmer?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not okay with abortions (which in some cases prevents a life of poverty, abuse, and suffering), but does not comment on the money we spend sending drones which kill or injure women and children in third world countries. Which by the way you pay way more for VS abortions.

ok

player594

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not okay with abortions (which in some cases prevents a life of poverty, abuse, and suffering), but does not comment on the money we spend sending drones which kill or injure women and children in third world countries. Which by the way you pay way more for VS abortions.

ok
Ok #1 don't get pregnant if you can't have or don't want children. There are too many options available to prevent pregnancy. Including not having sex to begin with. And as for the drones, those countries asked for help. If they can't deal with the consequences, then sorry. We didn't start the war over there. That's been going on forever. It's just more high tech now. Religion and power are the roots of most every war.

Reactions: el_gonz87

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States

ok
Yes because we target women and children specifically with said drones. Get your head out of your ass.

Reactions: el_gonz87

Blood Fetish

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ok #1 don't get pregnant if you can't have or don't want children. There are too many options available to prevent pregnancy. Including not having sex to begin with. And as for the drones, those countries asked for help. If they can't deal with the consequences, then sorry. We didn't start the war over there. That's been going on forever. It's just more high tech now. Religion and power are the roots of most every war.

Procreation is one of the largest drives of all living things. When you simply ignore reality you end up with places like Texas who teaches abstinence-only sex education and have massive teen pregnancy and maternal death rates.

Last edited by Blood Fetish,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Anyone here?