Hacking new to 3ds...tips please

mrpinkeye

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
hi all

iv just got a 3ds :) iv had a ds lite before with an r4 card but just wondered if anyone had any tips/hacks for 3ds i should know about?

i know i cant play backup 3ds games via an r4 card but am i right in thinking if i get the 3ds r4 card i can play ds and dsi back ups? and it has to be a 3ds r4 card, not a regular ds r4 card right?

also, what else should i be looking into doing with my new toy?

sorry if its been asked before and thanks in advance for any tips/info :)

Jax

Pip Pip Cheerioink!
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
You should buy an Acekard 2i or an R4i Gold if you just want to play DS games or you can buy a SuperCard DSTWO if you want extra stuff like being able to play GBA roms.

Be aware that you CANNOT play 3DS games with these carts or any other cart, only DS games.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: mrpinkeye

FireValk01

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ive had a supercard ds2 for a long time now. best card ive ever owned. Also there is an snes emu for the scds2 that you can get off of gbatemp in the download section. catsfc is its name and it works fairly decent.

Deltaechoe

The Dopefish
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Def get a dstwo, I would say it's even better in some aspects than the cyclods cards (when the team was still around supporting them that is)

mrpinkeye

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ive had a supercard ds2 for a long time now. best card ive ever owned. Also there is an snes emu for the scds2 that you can get off of gbatemp in the download section. catsfc is its name and it works fairly decent.

at double the price of the r4i gold card what are the benefits? if its just older console emulators id be ok without as i have them on my phone and tablet (i know itd be sweet to have on 3ds but i really wouldnt need it very much!) anything else that makes it stand out or should i save my money?

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
at double the price of the r4i gold card what are the benefits? if its just older console emulators id be ok without as i have them on my phone and tablet (i know itd be sweet to have on 3ds but i really wouldnt need it very much!) anything else that makes it stand out or should i save my money?
The DSTwo has more than emulation. It can play serveral videos (avi, flv aso) and it has many real time functions (like cheat activation, save during the game, find your own cheats, you can read txt files and view pictures during the game and you can make the game slower).

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country

Erm its never been blocked for more than 1 day when a 3DS update has been released

they have never had to release a new version of the card

it is the card that will never get blocked due to the fact it can produce a perfect card emulation, this is the only card that can do it
it can bypass 99.9% of all Anti-Piracy measures in games, i wont say 100% because very very few new games have had 1 AP get through but they release a update to the Kernel shortly after its found to fix it. so its pretty band on 100%
you will never need to wait for game patches as you just run a game in Clean mode, which is perfect emualtion mode of a cart, this disables cheat features but means the game wont have any Anti-Piracy issues
(Supercard DsTwo users where the first to play Pokemon B/W 2 because of clean mode, others had to wait for patches)

what your paying for is the fact it has its own CPU because that allows for all these features

mrpinkeye

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Erm its never been blocked for more than 1 day when a 3DS update has been released

they have never had to release a new version of the card

it is the card that will never get blocked due to the fact it can produce a perfect card emulation, this is the only card that can do it
it can bypass 99.9% of all Anti-Piracy measures in games, i wont say 100% because very very few new games have had 1 AP get through but they release a update to the Kernel shortly after its found to fix it. so its pretty band on 100%
you will never need to wait for game patches as you just run a game in Clean mode, which is perfect emualtion mode of a cart, this disables cheat features but means the game wont have any Anti-Piracy issues
(Supercard DsTwo users where the first to play Pokemon B/W 2 because of clean mode, others had to wait for patches)

what your paying for is the fact it has its own CPU because that allows for all these features

are all 3ds r4 carts sdhc compatible? i have a 32gb micro sd card....

mrpinkeye

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
sorted! got my cart and 32gb card working sweeeeeeet!!

whats the score with going online and nintendo updates? i have the latest kernel...should i be ok to do both?

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum