Can DS games be played on New 3DS XL with an Gold card ?

Ayato_O

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi !

Can someone tell me if I can play DS games on my New 3DS XL with an R4 Gold card ?
I've got an sd card with ds games on it and it worked fine with my old DS and a TT card so i was wondering if it would still work ?

Ayato_O

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
What does it do ?

Sorry, english is not my first language and i've never hacked or modded anything

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hi !

Can someone tell me if I can play DS games on my New 3DS XL with an R4 Gold card ?
I've got an sd card with ds games on it and it worked fine with my old DS and a TT card so i was wondering if it would still work ?
You can use it. You'll have to put the correct kernel on the card of course. Depending on the card, it might need a firmware update to work on 3DS, or you might need a hacked 3DS if it's patched.

Ayato_O

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
You can use it. You'll have to put the correct kernel on the card of course. Depending on the card, it might need a firmware update to work on 3DS, or you might need a hacked 3DS if it's patched.
Oh okay ! Thanks for the info, I'll see what i have to do when receving the card !

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
And what do i do with my R4 Gold ?
Up to you. I still prefer using my flashcart over TWLmenu++ since I already have it, and it works perfectly.
And I don't know if TWLmenu++ supports certain features, such as savestates.

If you have trouble finding the right kernel for your card, try this site: https://www.linfoxdomain.com/nintendo/ds/
Although I don't think they host firmware for the cards. Previously, I'd recommend going to the site printed on the cart, but most of them have gone down. You can try wayback machine though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto