Hacking New Super Mario Bros. Wii

pyroblazed

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has there been much progress since this thread's last update? Here's my dilemma....

My only tools include a single 4G sd card. I have no modchip or usb loader device.

I only had ONE verbatim disc remaining and I used it to burn NSMBW .... good, right? well, except it wasn't patched yet :(

So I want to know if it's possible by now to run an unpatched NSMBW on a wii ONLY using softmods

nawz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have homebrew channel installed and an unpatched NSMB. I have NeoGamma (latest version) up running...Do I just "launch DVD" from neogamma and it'll work? Or do I need to install a certain CIOS?

Wii Version 4.1E
Modchip: WiiKey V1

Cheers

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm using a retail disc of NSMBW, and it always tells me I have to update the system to play, which obviously I don't want to let it do. I can run the game just fine through NeoGamma, but really would rather just play it normally, though the disc channel.

The system was on 4.0u, then when I was trying to get this stupid update thing to go away, I used a safe updater to get it to 4.2u, and it does say it's now at 4.2u, but the stupid disc still tells me I have to update the system to play the game.

ColdForge

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.tunecore.com
XP
Country
United States
Jebarooney said:
I apologize if this has been answered before or is an otherwise obvious problem, but I'm having an issue running NSMB via USB loaders and I haven't been able to find the solution through searching. The game loads fine and doesn't time out, but it consistently freezes on World 1-4. I can skip that level via the warp cannon and play through Worlds 5 to 8 without any more freezing issues, but World 1-4 always freezes. Here are my details:

Launch day NTSC-U Wii
4.2 NTSC-U System Menu (updated with xzxero's guide)
CIOS 202, 222, 223 (v 4), 249, 250 (rev 14)
Bootmii IOS & boot2

Unpatched NTSC NSMB
Wiiflow 1.1 R21
Coverfloader v1.3 r1006
Neogamma R8 b11

I've tried through multiple loaders, and have tried deleting my save files and restarting, always with the same results. This has been driving me nuts! If anyone can help I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks
I'm in the exact same boat. I've dug through this topic and haven't reached a answer. Of course I've used the Error #002 fix, and that brings me to a new shiny looking disc error screen.

luka

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
also for me with pal version with iso patched with ind files for the pal version and neogamma 8 r15 and my backup dvd, the screen goes green and the wii restart, any solution?

supermitar64

Trophies
XP
Country
I know its becoming so borring theme,but i realy have a problem with this game and need help!
I have Wiikey 1.9s on 3.3E,neogama R6.R7.R8 beta 15 ,cios38 rev14,usb loader gx 1.0 /600
Whenever i start the game it plays fine fore some time,then freez.Its random
I get to play 4-5 lvls then game freez and i need to restart.If im lucky and save my game i can continue and play again a few lvls then it freez again(moustly after the goomba took toad away,stage after 1st minni castle,animation after i beat the last castle in 1st world.....etc).
I tryed manny versions of the game and allways got same ending!Even tryed configured USB loader!
Is there solution to this porblem in anny possible way?

Also if i get a actuall copy of my game,can i play it withouth updateing trough Gecko os and Neogama?
Thanks in advance!

Sorry for my Eng.

aw9

Trophies
XP
Country
I have a wiinja v2, 4.2e and softmod. I tried everything in the guide with the WiiSOS release of NSMB. I tried an unpatch dvd-r and i just got 001 error in NeogammaR8 Beta 15 ios249 rev14 nor did the search patches work, tha made my screen turn green and reset.
Screen also turned green when i tried a patched dvd in neogamma r7 ios249rev14. When i run it in softchip it seems like everythings fine then after it says restarting loading game it says in red letters "Error opening partition. Exception:Open error"

And when i installed new super mario bros update when i was already on 4.2 anyway, it uninstalled bootmii on boot2 and now super mario galaxy and the games after it cant be read in the disc channel by my wiinja v2 modchip wtf?
what do i do should i start again and load my NAND backup to go back to system 3.2?

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
supermitar64 said:
Also if i get a actuall copy of my game,can i play it withouth updateing trough Gecko os and Neogama?
Thanks in advance!

I've had no problem playing a retail copy through NeoGamma. Actually, that's the only way I've played it, as otherwise it always wants to update, and I'm not letting it update.

Hawtie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ive got a mod chipped wii with 4.1U and neogamma r8 beta 14, ios 249.

However, every time I run JUST NSMB, i get the error: No dvd (n).
But the same DVD works on a non-modchipped wii with the same settings.

please help?

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hawtie said:

please help?
Are you running it through Neogamma or the disc channel?

jctl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hello all and thanx for this site and thread all i can say is brill
wink.gif

BUT "The patched game works fine with rev14 and NeoGamma/SoftChip"
works and plays fine

the problem i have if i start wii with disk in it black screans with writing say wii error see manual?

i start up put disk in all ok as long as i go straight to gamma8 r15 with nps (also chipped)

if i put the disk in and wait it comes upsame error

as any one seen that befor

thanx in advance

Hawtie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i am running it through neogamma..

I updated my wii to 4.1 using pimp my wii.. and now i get the error in NEOGAMMA:
Dvd read error (1048).

Which apparently is an either, bad read of disc or wrong combination of ios/cios/neogamma.

please help again
biggrin.gif

darkgunsou86

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
Hawtie said:

please help?

I found the answer after doing a little digging. apparently the old modchips are the source of the problem. after removing the modchip, those no dvds errors disappear. just use neogamma to load the backups. most probably all games can work after removing the modchip and using softmods. the era of hardmods are coming to an end. maybe wiikey fusion can change my mind but i prefer the free alternative of softmods. to the people who have unable to read disc errors, i recommend removing the modchip and softmodding the wii to play backups. or use configurable usb loader. the latest 50b version can load isos off ntfs partitioned drives. it can be easily updateable using a option in the loader. very simple compared to modchips.

Cambui

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I just downloaded the iso. Burned it on a DVD at a 4x Drive (couldn´t do it in a slower speed). I´ve just hacked my Wii. When trying this disc my Wii kind of did a restart action. It tried to load the disk but then returned to the system menu first screen, the one with the warning.

Got 4 other backups, already burned. 3 worked just fine (SSBB, Grand Slam Tenis and Mario Party 8). Wii Sports Resort presented the same issue as NSMB.

Did i do something wrong in during the hacking. Can´t really understand why this is happening.

Thanks in advance.

Rixardion

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would just like to say that after some messing around I got new super mario to work for me using the latest neogamma.

I have a cyclowiz installed with their latest firmware (Oct 2007)
dry.gif

Using an unpatched copy of mario.

Have system menu 4.1U, used the hackmii installer with bannerbomb to install HBC, am running neogamma from within HBC.

Loaded neogamma told it to search for the patches included in the release and everything's running fine.

Did not need to install any custom IOS.

This was a bit of a grey area to me i hope this helps someone in a similar situation.

somex14

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i was trying "Use NeoGamma R8Beta13 or above, cIOSrev14, place the included .wip-Patches in /NeoGamma, and enable "Search patches""?
where do i place the .win-patches? /NeoGamma means put in to NeoGamma folder in my sd ???
i run NeoGamma R4 Beta14, enable "Search patches". i launched the game however i found no patches found, then a green sreen and black out.
what should i do ?

Kwiikey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
somex14 said:
i was trying "Use NeoGamma R8Beta13 or above, cIOSrev14, place the included .wip-Patches in /NeoGamma, and enable "Search patches""?
where do i place the .win-patches? /NeoGamma means put in to NeoGamma folder in my sd ???
i run NeoGamma R4 Beta14, enable "Search patches". i launched the game however i found no patches found, then a green sreen and black out.
what should i do ?

I am not sure I understand what you are doing, but you need 2 NeoGamma folders. The first one contains the boot dol etc and is put into the apps folder of the SD card. The second NeoGamma folder is put into the / or top level directory of the SD card. It is that folder that needs the patches. When you go into the NeoGamma application under settings enable search patches. Make sure you save your settings. The patches should then be found.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ I-need-help-with-wup-wiiu: i have an issue with loading games on usb with usbloadergx on vwii. Is there anyone that can...