Hacking New Super Mario Bros. Wii

Rixardion

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xzxero said:
how are you running neogamma without a cIOS?

ill tell you how, you aren't
biggrin.gif

well when i run neogamma it tells me i don't have a cIOS installed... and i didn't install one so

fryguy

Trophies
XP
Country
@taktularCBo: doesn't seems like it :/

"* v1.3

- Added hardcoded BCA for NSMB game to enable owners of this title
to play a backup of it using Wiikey 2."

So i guess when the next game which reads BCA we're fscked again :/

brainwabrain

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know if this was mentioned already, but it looks like Wasabi has updated their firmware.

hxxp://www.wasabi.net.cn/

They list this as a beta and that a final version will be out soon.

shepe

Trophies
XP
Country
looking at wasabi's site it said that the BCA data needs to be patched into offset $100 in the ISO does that not meen that the disc is nolonger signed by nintendo and you require truchad ios's to play them?

fryguy

Trophies
XP
Country
@shepe: they probably put the BCA value outside the actual ISO, i think read that it was possible. I would have prefered if Wiikey-team would had used this approach as well. But i can atleast play NSMB without software now.

ZMan13

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No wiikey 1 firmware, that is messed up.

It works fine for me with Gecko cheats but the update would give the assurance that the chip is supported without the need of special applications.

taktularCBo

Trophies
XP
Country
France
well...Im sure they added BCA-Code reading, like for DriveKey and Wasabi.
It would be just stupid to not do it, cause if you can add NSMB BCA Code, you can also add to read it inside the ISO.
I just need to know which offset!
I wrote them an e-mail...we will see!

shepe

Trophies
XP
Country
fryguy said:
@shepe: they probably put the BCA value outside the actual ISO, i think read that it was possible. I would have prefered if Wiikey-team would had used this approach as well. But i can atleast play NSMB without software now.

So will I have to patch an iso before burning it then? or are release groups going to release the isos as required by wasabi?

fryguy

Trophies
XP
Country
taktularCBo said:
well...Im sure they added BCA-Code reading, like for DriveKey and Wasabi.
It would be just stupid to not do it, cause if you can add NSMB BCA Code, you can also add to read it inside the ISO.
I just need to know which offset!
I wrote them an e-mail...we will see!

I hope you're right, but the readme for the update disc doesn't mention anything about it. Only that it has hardcoded support for NSMB.

brainwabrain

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was able to patch this and it worked. I used HxD.

offsetg.png

I did a file, save as and saved it as a different name and then burned it at 4x with Imgburn onto TDK DVD-R disk.

Notice that x133 is changed to 01 (all of the other values are correct by default). I've played through world 1-3 with no problems. Before it would give a DRE after 1-1. I have a Wasabi v3.

My IOS53 is still patched, but I doubt that matters since I'm not signing the disc. Only one bit is being changed!

hiver

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
any news now about a wiikey v1 update come on team your not going to support your original masterpiece ?
i don't understand why a team wouldn't update their product
can your team release the source code so some softmod people can update my chip for me please then

Posts merged

hiver said:
any news now about a wiikey v1 update come on team your not going to support your original masterpiece ?
i don't understand why a team wouldn't update their product
can your team release the source code so some softmod people can update my chip for me please then

from wiikey site in features

- Sophisticated (true) update mechanism via DVD

drizzt007

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I patched this game the way the tutorial said to, but its still asks for an update. just when I try to play it with the disc channel and the modchip.

playing it using neogamma , and USB doesn't ask for an update, though.

is it still not safe to update through the game?
I'm still on 4.1u

where is the update blocker ?
is it blocked when you scrub the disc? or is it blocked on the console?

Cambui

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I tried to patch the game but when I open the ISO with WiiScrubber I couldn´t navigate through it. It showed two partitions with a (bad) in front of... Besides, WiiScruber said it only hand about 140 mb

Could my ISO be corrupted?

drizzt007

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cambui said:
I tried to patch the game but when I open the ISO with WiiScrubber I couldn´t navigate through it. It showed two partitions with a (bad) in front of... Besides, WiiScruber said it only hand about 140 mb

Could my ISO be corrupted?

sounds like it could be , when I did mine, it was 649 MB or something lke that.

Fat-Goron

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Frankdj said:
I found a solution for the D2CKey users on 4.2 with only thing they have to install on their Wii is the Homebrew Channel. After that it's just a matter of running Geck OS with a cheatcode that runs the game for you. I don't know if this is the same solution as mentioned in the openingpost in this topic, but I used this website: http://www.ps3news.com/forums/wii-news/gui...sed-108847.html

Yeah, I've seen it already... but it didn't work... =(

Seriously, i think i've downloaded this game 6 times since i began to follow these "guides": patched NTSC, scrubbed NTSC, normal PAL, normal NTSC.....
I can't realize what I'm doing wrong.

I have D2CKey (Wii 4.2) with Homebrew Channel. I got a clear NTSC Iso, downloaded the cheat, put it in the "codes" folder, Gecko O.S recognized the cheat, applied it and... green screen!
I'm clueless....

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/maY0JULh5P0