XP
Country
United States
Blue-K said:
1) Download the WiiScrubber 1.40 Package
2) Run the "MakeKeyBin.exe"
3) Open WiiScrubber, and select your ISO
4) Search for the main.dol -> right click -> Extract
5) Download THIS Package here, and your favourite PPF-Patcher (ex. PPF-O-Matic)
6) Open your PPF-Patcher, choose the main.dol for input and the PPFf-Patch for your region, and klick apply.
This is the patched main.dol that you can use for alt.dol-Loading. If you want to patch the ISO, read further.
7) Back in WiiScrubber, search again for the main.dol, right klick -> Replace and select the patched main.dol
8) Done. Exit WiiScrubber, and enjoy!

i have a wiikey and would this method work and load the game easily on disc channel fine if i don't use any of the neogamma, rios, etc. crap?

mew512

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have tried all i can to get this game to work i have installed HBC ages ago used neogamma to load the one backup i had ( my broadband bill went up a lot that month so i stopped for a bit) i have download the NSWBW (compress from Hippyfreaks forum on tehparadox and i cant get it to load from any loader ( i don't have a USB falsh drive big enough for the 4.12Gb file) i have burnt about 10 discs have installed cioscorp 3.5, neogamma r7 wad and have beta 15 on my sd card tried soft chip and Uloader 3.1 with rev 15 and rev 14.

i have patched the PAL game and i cannot get it to work using any method for me and i am only 12 so i don't really understand all this coding i know about it but couldn't do it for a million years i just want to run this game for my 6 year old sister.

also how did some people get something like 358MB file if i could do that i would load from my 4GB usb flash drive.

any help would be much appreciated.

mew512

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not for me the rar i downloaded was 358MB and after extraction iso is 4.37GB i think I then got WBFS manager formatted my 4GB usb and tried to load the game to it but it is 4,12Gb so whats gone wrong?

longtom1

Keep an eye on my posts cause I quick edit frequen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
WBFS Manager 3.0 will put the ISO on the drive and it should only be about 500mb I've played it off a 1gb flashdrive and I had loads of space left for another game

MrGbatemp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would be good to resume to one or two page just what's work without any 7465658484 pages of comment.
Just a suggestion to the owner of this post.

Ninjamaster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
MrGbatemp said:
Would be good to resume to one or two page just what's work without any 7465658484 pages of comment.
Just a suggestion to the owner of this post.
Can you link me the DL please?

Oops, wrong window
tongue.gif

Frankdj

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'm on D2CKey and decided to install some software on my Wii since there not alternative for me.

I installed the HBC, but when I wanted to launch NeoGamma is got a black screen. I read that cIOSrev14 should solve that problem, but since the installation of IOS249 freezes I should use the Trucha Bug. Now this is simply solving one problem with another... with another.

So my question is... isn't there a solution to launch or install a channel/loader that doesn't require the cIOS stuff, such as Gecko OS? I tried that one, but it failed to launch NSMB. Any alternatives?

longtom1

Keep an eye on my posts cause I quick edit frequen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Frankdj said:
I'm on D2CKey and decided to install some software on my Wii since there not alternative for me.

I installed the HBC, but when I wanted to launch NeoGamma is got a black screen. I read that cIOSrev14 should solve that problem, but since the installation of IOS249 freezes I should use the Trucha Bug. Now this is simply solving one problem with another... with another.

So my question is... isn't there a solution to launch or install a channel/loader that doesn't require the cIOS stuff, such as Gecko OS? I tried that one, but it failed to launch NSMB. Any alternatives?
you should use this guide

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=171901

the modify 4.2 section and you should have everything needed (trucha bug + cIOSrev14)

ALX1982

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I've read about this a lot but I'm still confused.
I have a Wii with the D2Pro chip. I haven't done any softmod what so ever (no homebrew channel etc.) since I don't wanna risk bricking my Wii.
If I buy the retail New Super Mario Bros, will it work on my Wii?

I have Wii firmware 4.1E now, I don't know if the game will require an update. I read somewhere that after playing retail NSMB something will happen to the Wii so that I can't play my back-up games. Is this true?

mew512

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Longtom ill tell you exactly what i did
1. download and installed WBFS manager 3.0
2. select the nsmbw iso from my chosen location
3. formatted my USB 4GB flashdrive
4. tried to add the game to my WBFS formatted usb stick through wbfs manager
5. where it lists all games on usb stick it says 0

Frankdj

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I found a solution for the D2CKey users on 4.2 with only thing they have to install on their Wii is the Homebrew Channel. After that it's just a matter of running Geck OS with a cheatcode that runs the game for you. I don't know if this is the same solution as mentioned in the openingpost in this topic, but I used this website: http://www.ps3news.com/forums/wii-news/gui...sed-108847.html

darkgunsou86

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
I have a d2ckey chipped wii with 4.1u and homebrew channel with cios rev 15 installed. i can't run the patched disc through the disc channel. it says unable to read disc. i tried using geckoos 1.9.3 with the cheats, neogammar8beta15 with the patch with the patched and unpatched discs but both says no DVD. i'm stumped. other older backups works just fine. just nsmb, taiko no tatsujin 2 and resident evil darkside chronicles. all 3 discs couldn't be detected by my wii. this is a weird problem as it is not DRE but the disc are not recognised at all. does anyone have any idea? i don't think the modchip is the problem as older games works just fine. i tried the softmod method but it proved fruitless. now i'm trying to load the wbfs through usb loaders.hope it works as it is the final straw.

rontonimo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So that would be a better way to run the game anyway. what was the problem with the softmod? Eventually the chip will be out of date.

mew512

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have just this morning made the NTSC iso work with a 4GB usb flash drive using WBFs manager 3.0 used Uloader to load it and no problems at all if you have had any troulbe loading the game i suggest using this (with a usb stick with 1Gb or over)

thchang

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have one wii that has softmod + wiikey mod on D2A
but no matter what i try
it kept saying "no disc" error

any help??

(i.e works on all other wiis)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum