Hacking New Super Mario Bros. Wii

handyguy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GBAmatt, why are you using a softmod + DC2key mod chip at the same time?

'4) Search for the main.dol -> right click -> Extract
5) Download THIS Package here, and your favourite PPF-Patcher (ex. PPF-O-Matic)'

There are two 'main.dol' which one are you patching?

Link to PPF-O-Matic links to a version with a Trojan, that's what AdAware reports to me. Someone check this.

-aXe-

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I only need cioscorp 3.5 to play this correct? I don't need to have any other things installed? I've got all the packs linked in the OP so I just have to patch it and all will be well? I'm still a newb at Wii and most of the terms associated with it.

I used an older version of this thread http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=171901 to softmod my virgin 4.2u Wii, then downgraded to 4.1u, and installed cIOSCORP v3.5.

And to the above poster, my antivirus (ESET nod32) didn't detect anything in PPF-O-Matic.

kareem613

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm still stuck with the game half loading.

I've got rev14, 4.2U and tried both a prepatched and unpatched iso with all the latest loaders.

The game loads and get to the screen that asks your the press '2'. After that nothing. Stuck on the black screen with the USB drive light flashing away.

This whole thread is full of other kinds of errors. Has anybody experienced this one?

gbaMatt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
handyguy said:
GBAmatt, why are you using a softmod + DC2key mod chip at the same time?

'4) Search for the main.dol -> right click -> Extract
5) Download THIS Package here, and your favourite PPF-Patcher (ex. PPF-O-Matic)'

There are two 'main.dol' which one are you patching?

Link to PPF-O-Matic links to a version with a Trojan, that's what AdAware reports to me. Someone check this.

Does this not supply the same image as the qf-nsmbw.fixed.iso generated by New_Super_Mario_Bros_Wii_USA_main.dol_FiX_Wii-iND? From nfo:

" This is a small fix for the new protection nintendo added.
it was quite easy to make with ImageDiff and allows you to
fix the protection. basically it's the same as the
main.dol replacememt method that has been floating around
with a much easier to apply method of patching.

Keep all console releases original and make patch fixes!
newer methods of loading games will eventually make this
fix not needed.
"

That is the patched image I've tried...

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
gbaMatt said:
Does this not supply the same image as the qf-nsmbw.fixed.iso generated by New_Super_Mario_Bros_Wii_USA_main.dol_FiX_Wii-iND?
The PPF-Patch and the Patch from Wii-iND are basicly the same, only with differents method of applying, yes.

But, you'll still need the Trucha-Bug that you can play that fixed version. And GeckoOS has an Option to enable Ocarina...you just didn't looked enough hard...

(Btw: Updated Thread a bit, the only new Important Thing are the new Gecko Cheat Codes made from the PPF-Patches.)

Magus

GBATEMP RPG MANIAC
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
umm i'm sorry for asking this yet again but i still don't understand if there is a way to run the game without installing HBC or bothering with custom IOS

like can i run geckoOS or NeoGamma in the same way i would run my copy of freeloader or something like that?

ZMan13

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had my 3.2U updated to 4>1 using Wanin's updater method. It has WIIKEY1 and the HBC.
How can I play NSMB?
I am still lost when you, guys, throw stuff such as Trucha, or Ocarina or Gecko. Any cIOS mention confuses the hell out of me.
I just want to play the game with my wiikey and need instructions.
Thanks!

Kuragari Ryo

Demon Fox
Trophies
The House Within the Reflection, Ryo Manor
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to load it with disks via (Neogamma R8, uLoader, whatever else I could load discs with), and it flashes me a green screen then goes back to the system menu.

Pretty sure I'm missing something here. Would I have to update IOS53 or..?
unsure.gif

(Yeah, I've searched and such, some say you do have to install it, some say you don't, so.. D: )

Also, I don't have a hard mod, just utilizing cios.

crwys

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kuragari Ryo said:
I'm trying to load it with disks via (Neogamma R8, uLoader, whatever else I could load discs with), and it flashes me a green screen then goes back to the system menu.

unsure.gif

(Yeah, I've searched and such, some say you do have to install it, some say you don't, so.. D: )

I'm in the same position as you...

Retrievil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
SM 4.0U
NSMBW PAL rebuilt with IND .dol
Ancient .4XX version of USB Loader GX
cIOS rev10
Error 002 fix on

Just finished the game yesterday, so I can confirm it works all the the way through.

josete2k

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Kuragari Ryo said:

unsure.gif

uLoader 3.2 will solve your problem
wink.gif

Kuragari Ryo

Demon Fox
Trophies
The House Within the Reflection, Ryo Manor
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
josete2k said:
Kuragari Ryo said:

unsure.gif

uLoader 3.2 will solve your problem
wink.gif

Thanks! I got it working now. :3

gbaMatt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Blue-K said:
gbaMatt said:
Does this not supply the same image as the qf-nsmbw.fixed.iso generated by New_Super_Mario_Bros_Wii_USA_main.dol_FiX_Wii-iND?
But, you'll still need the Trucha-Bug that you can play that fixed version. And GeckoOS has an Option to enable Ocarina...you just didn't looked enough hard...

(Btw: Updated Thread a bit, the only new Important Thing are the new Gecko Cheat Codes made from the PPF-Patches.)

Ok firstly thank you for taking some time for me.

I am reading the readme for Trucha Bug Restorer 1.0. It says:
"- to be able to install preloader, you need to install a patched IOS36 with trucha" so is this the IOS I need to apply in order for GeckoOS to be able to load NSMB properly?
Also, maybe I can't see the forest for the trees but I did navigate through the options of GeckoOS (using 1.9.3) and didn't see Ocarina, can you tell me the navigation?

Thanks especially as it looks like I'll need to be learning this more and more as I'm stuck with the D2Ckey.

ajoesmith

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I could not get this to work at all with usb loader GX, all i got was a black screen and i thought i had tried everything until i read that someone used error fix 002 on ANTI, i tried that and it worked fine.

No need to extract the main.dol from the iso, just get the latest revision of usb loader gx and make sure that error fix 002 is on ANTI

rodolphedj

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
screamq3 said:
the disc method worked for me (patching pal)
using wii 3.2
cios rev14
neogamma r6
installed ios53

plays no problems
biggrin.gif
me too, thanks all !

using wii 3.2
cios rev14
negamma r8 rev15 + patchs NSMB
NSMB : [Wii]New_Super_Mario_Bros_Wii[PAL][FullISO][WiiSOS.com] (Cleaned with WiiScrubber 1.4)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work