Hacking New Super Mario Bros. Wii

wookieballa

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok, im sorry that i havent read all 200+ pages in this thread, i am in afghanistan and my wife bought this game for my kids to play, so i will have to do all the foot work from the front lines so to speak LOL

heres the question.
i have the latest HBC (updated this morning)
i havent had to install any new IOS' since ghostbusters dropped, we have the NTSC retail version of NSMBW and its asking to update. wife didnt update cause the kids play most of their games through USB loader GX, and i would hate for them to have to start using the discs again. its so convenient to just play right off the HD

we are still on system 3.4U
is there a way to run the game without a full update? my wife is actually willing to just buy a second Wii for new games, as our old one has all the VC stuff, and lots of retro games that we have bought over the years, and now that its soft modded, we dont want to lose any of it.
so can someone tell me exactly how i can get this to work either off the original disc, or if i rip it to the HD and use USB loader GX, and also what version of USB loader GX they used. i can talk her through it all, and i can even remote access the computer to do all the technical stuff.. just couldnt bare to read through ALL 200 pages. so please hook me up, i will be most grateful!!

i did read that when this first dropped, it would not play on any softmods, is that still the case? i certainly hope not, i hate for the wife to have to buy another Wii just for this game..

thanks for any help!!

Fun_Zephyr

Trophies
XP
Country
OzModChips said:
I wish there was a way to search threads, becuase im sure this has been asked and probably fixed.

Loading an unpatched game via gecko OS with that cheat code is easy, thanks for the fix guys.
However it doesnt seem to work with drivekey, and probably other cable based modchips

Is there anyone that has got it working using gecko OS, unpatched game, and drivekey?

The best way I find to search a thread is at the bottom of an page, below the +quote "quote buttons / just above the Fast Reply / Add Reply / New Topic you will see the words Enter Keywords. Click there, type the words you wish to find in that entire thread and click the magnify glass just to the right.

You get a list of all posts with those words and to view the entire post click the number next to Post Preview and it opens the entire post

Lazycus

Rotten
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
OzModChips said:
NSMB working on a modchip
unpatched

pure ISO with direct booting

http://wiinewz.com/forums/nintendo-news/96...demo-video.html
Great news if you have a DriveKey - and they don't stick it to you for a programmer. What's the fix on this one? Just intercept a BCA read and send back a good control value? Same as FlatMii I suppose.
EDIT: Ah, I see on their page they want to tack on BCA data to the end of the image. I hope they take into account non-standard Wii ISO sizes.

Hopefully that code can be implemented on the older modchips and someone will find time to do it. In the meantime you guys still waiting for a fix stop being pussies and install HBC and then run a self-patching booter. It really is that easy.

Phyzoon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
wookieballa said:
ok, im sorry that i havent read all 200+ pages in this thread, i am in afghanistan and my wife bought this game for my kids to play, so i will have to do all the foot work from the front lines so to speak LOL

heres the question.
i have the latest HBC (updated this morning)
i havent had to install any new IOS' since ghostbusters dropped, we have the NTSC retail version of NSMBW and its asking to update. wife didnt update cause the kids play most of their games through USB loader GX, and i would hate for them to have to start using the discs again. its so convenient to just play right off the HD

we are still on system 3.4U
is there a way to run the game without a full update? my wife is actually willing to just buy a second Wii for new games, as our old one has all the VC stuff, and lots of retro games that we have bought over the years, and now that its soft modded, we dont want to lose any of it.
so can someone tell me exactly how i can get this to work either off the original disc, or if i rip it to the HD and use USB loader GX, and also what version of USB loader GX they used. i can talk her through it all, and i can even remote access the computer to do all the technical stuff.. just couldnt bare to read through ALL 200 pages. so please hook me up, i will be most grateful!!

i did read that when this first dropped, it would not play on any softmods, is that still the case? i certainly hope not, i hate for the wife to have to buy another Wii just for this game..

thanks for any help!!

Sure, I got pissed that no one even bothered to read my previous posts, so I'm going to help you out, just cause. I sent you my WLM (msn messenger) address via PM so I can walk you through it.

DalyTek

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Damarisu said:
Damarisu said:
Tanas said:
Damarisu said:
If I have a chip in my Wii (I'm not entirely sure what it's called, that's why I'm asking), which steps should I follow?

The way I want to play it is to burn it out and use it like any game DVD.
This worked for me on two wii's with the ntsc release.
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?s=&showto...t&p=2413861

Oh, I forgot to add, I'm using PAL, do you think it'll work for that as well?

Oh and, if not, any idea if there's any fix for PAL?

And thanks for the quick reply.

someone? :X would love some help

Look at my post on page 194. I posted step-by-step how I got it working on my modchip. I just beat the game tonight, so I am 100% positive that my fix worked. It looks like a lot of work, but it really isn't, I just put a lot of detail for newbies. I believe you might need to update a different IOS if you are not on v4.2. Good luck! It's a great game, totally worth it!

nawz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys, I haven't been keeping up with the nintendo scene for a while...Regarding the new super mario games is it just fine to download, burn and insert providing I have the latest wii update [whichever that maybe]? I have wiikey and a Wii since launch.

Cheers. If you guys could post a link to other threads that are more specific that would be great. Cheers!

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
nawz said:
Hey guys, I haven't been keeping up with the nintendo scene for a while...Regarding the new super mario games is it just fine to download, burn and insert providing I have the latest wii update [whichever that maybe]? I have wiikey and a Wii since launch.

Cheers. If you guys could post a link to other threads that are more specific that would be great. Cheers!
WTF? More specific Thread? I'm updating the first post every day, giving some of my time, and this is what I get? People that ask for a more specific Thread, or ask how to get this to work, without reading the first post? Gosh, right now I don't see any reason why I'll keep updating the first post, and spending time on that...
mad.gif

nawz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Blue-K said:
nawz said:

WTF? More specific Thread? I'm updating the first post every day, giving some of my time, and this is what I get? People that ask for a more specific Thread, or ask how to get this to work, without reading the first post? Gosh, right now I don't see any reason why I'll keep updating the first post, and spending time on that...
mad.gif

Sorry about that. Just saying if there was a more specific thread if someone could post...but now, knowing there isn't any better, cheers.

I don't particularly want to install any wads or cios/ios etc

I take:
Patching/Fixing the ISO:

1) Download the WiiScrubber 1.40 Package
2) Run the "MakeKeyBin.exe"
3) Open WiiScrubber, and select your ISO
4) Search for the main.dol -> right click -> Extract
5) Download THIS Package here, and your favourite PPF-Patcher (ex. PPF-O-Matic)
6) Open your PPF-Patcher, choose the main.dol for input and the PPFf-Patch for your region, and klick apply.
This is the patched main.dol that you can use for alt.dol-Loading. If you want to patch the ISO, read further.
7) Back in WiiScrubber, search again for the main.dol, right klick -> Replace and select the patched main.dol
8) Done. Exit WiiScrubber, and enjoy!

this method would be most suited for me?

Cheers anyway.

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
nawz said:

have you tried reading the 1st post to THIS thread everthing needed is there

wookieballa

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pepxl said:
nawz said:

have you tried reading the 1st post to THIS thread everthing needed is there

i have, BUT nothing in the first thread says anything about what system version they are tested on.. im using 3.4U and want to run off USB loader GX. i have the retail disk, and just want to rip an ISO, and scrub it to run on that system version.. ANY HELP???? PLEASE..?? ( keep in mind im doing all this remotely from Afghanistan for my wife and kids.. so i have to remote access the computer to do all the work, then have her do anything needed to the Wii.. so the simpler the better..)

Dialexio

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
It doesn't matter what System Menu version you have.

If I recall correctly, I think the latest versions of USB Loader GX automatically apply the patches to get New Super Mario Bros. working. If it doesn't work, you'll just have to simply patch the ISO.

bnwchbammer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm having trouble patching/replacing the main.dol. When I patch it, it gives an error, but it still says it patched successfully. When I try to replace the main.dol it says there isn't enough room. Am I patching it correctly?

fryguy

Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
2009-11-26 >> NSMB fixed on DriveKey!

We have fixed the NSMB issue in DriveKey. The updated firmware will be in all chips shipping from Monday 30th November. We will also be providing an update for existing DriveKey owners, which will be released as soon as the JTAG programmer is ready. In the near future we will also publish a standard for appending BCA data at the end of the ISO image, so that any new game with this new protection will work without any update of the chip. The actual game ISO will remain unmodified.

Hope there will be an updated firmware for Wiikey 2 too as well.

Aryudsoh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

I have a D2CKey installed and am running a 4.1E Wii with ciosrev14. Trying to run NSMBW PAL disc (from an unpatched iso) in NeoGammaR8beta15. I put the NeoGamma folder in the apps folder and put the SMNP.wip and SMNE.wip files in the NeoGamma folder (tried putting the .wip files in separately on subsequent tries as well). I then search patches on the SD card and save. Then when I try to boot it says "No patch found" and then green screens.

Any help would be appreciated

OnlineTuba

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Aryudsoh said:
Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

I have a D2CKey installed and am running a 4.1E Wii with ciosrev14. Trying to run NSMBW PAL disc (from an unpatched iso) in NeoGammaR8beta15. I put the NeoGamma folder in the apps folder and put the SMNP.wip and SMNE.wip files in the NeoGamma folder (tried putting the .wip files in separately on subsequent tries as well). I then search patches on the SD card and save. Then when I try to boot it says "No patch found" and then green screens.

Any help would be appreciated

Have you tried the PPF patch on your ISO that should do the trick, make sure you patch the boot.dol though and not the ISO.

kareem613

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've got rev14, 4.2U and tried both a prepatched and unpatched iso with all the latest loaders.

The best I can get is using the prepatched iso with neogamma. The game loads, I get the "hold your controller sideways" screen. I press '2'. I get the game save screen. I press save, then the screen goes black and sits there. I can see the light on my USB drive blinking away.

Has anyone else seen this before? Any idea what I should try?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Zoom dcj
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sir please stop wanking during this meeting
    +2
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    okies
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @DinohScene, "rag tag team of idiots" you mean me? :tpi:
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Oh yeah @K3Nv2 I got that power bank in the other day, thing is pretty sweet. Seems legit
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, how much did you spend? Saw it on sale for $35 yesterday tempted to grab another one
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I paid $49 for it
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Which all things considered is a great price
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I took it with me to a medical appointment and the nurse was like that's a big charger :creep:
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    That's not the only thing here that's big ;) (it's the medical bill because the US healthcare system is an absolute joke)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Luckily I get to whore myself to insurance which billing departments have no idea on how to handle
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What he's covered? Make his life stressful anyway
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I love how insurance companies can deny procedures because they deem it not medically necessary despite the procedure being ordered by a doctor
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Going with that right now with a dental claim morons put the wrong company name and rejected claims been on hold an hour for the claims department
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, BTW is it better to go usb or bt for these mini Pcs figure you may know since you play with rack systems so much
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Counting my blessings that my insurance hasn't caused me really any headache (yet, at least) despite the fact that I've been getting way more appointments and what not recently due
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @K3Nv2, what do you mean, what are you trying to do?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just looking at a built in mouse pad keyboard combo
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I loose the dongle constantly but they may have better connection with usb frequency
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Imo Bluetooth is always a option of last resort for me
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Except for phones because it tends to be pretty reliable there
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got a bad habit of taking out usb transmitter and loosing it because they can't you know print names on the damn things
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    But any desktop OS, I've never had anything but frustration trying to get Bluetooth devices to work reliably and stable. It might pair and connect once, and then next time I go to use it I have to delete and re-pair it again
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: But any desktop OS, I've never had anything but frustration trying to get Bluetooth devices to...