Hacking New Super Mario Bros. Wii

afnuke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
they had the new truncha patched ios53 today......the file came with dop ios and the trucha wad with it. I thought maybe us chip users could patch our ios without installing HBC.
I would think that someone has tried this by now and all the chip users would be happy, and Ive yet to hear anything. this would probally be a big brick risk???????

gunz1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I got it to work, sort of, using a disk. I did what this discussion page and this page suggested,

http://gwht.wikidot.com/ios249, and loaded Waninkoko's cIOS38 rev 15 using the network installation. Then I burnt QwiiF's

image of the game. New_Super_Mario_Bros_Wii_USA_Wii-QwiiF hopefully I dont't get into trouble for posting that. I can't get my

NSMB game to copy for a backup. I used Neogamma 3 and 6 and both worked. The only thing is it runs for about 5-10 minutes

then I get an error where I have to push power and eject the disk and refer to the owner's manual. I guess 5-10 minutes is

enough to finish the levels but you have to be quick about it. I gave up after level 1.2, the error is annoying.

Hope this helps all the disc users out there. I guess I'll get a device for usb loading here for Christmas. Maybe I'll try another

image of the game, but I'm running low on disks... maybe I will try Neo8. Have fun!

Trying to patch Qwiif's image now.

3.2 NTSC Wii
NeoGamma R6, IOS249 (Rev15)

gokuguy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I HAVE FOUND OUT HOW TO PLAY IT WITH ONLY SOFTMOD. I'm going to give exact instructions on how I got it working.

HOW TO GET NSMB WORKING ON ONLY SOFTMOD.

Things I used (that you will probably need):

NSMB patched ISO (I gave instructions on how to manually patch a few pages back)
Wii 4.1U (Custom firmware installer)
Preloader 0.29 (for precaution)
Neogamma R7 (channel)
Cios Rev14
Cios Rev15
CiosCORP 3.5

1) Have a softmodded wii. (I would suggest using 4.0 or 4.1 firmware, since its newest)

2) Before you start anything, make sure to have Preloader or some other backup software to recover your system, if anything goes wrong.

3) If you dont have it already, install CIOS Rev14. This will give most of the IOS' you already need for other games.

4) Install Neogamma R7. I used the channel, for more conviency.

5) Download & install CiosCORP 3.5. This enables other games to be played on the disc channel, & gives you the IOS' you need. This is NOT required, but is recommended. If you dont get CIOSCorp, you will have to get the correct IOS from somewhere else. After installing this, make sure CiosCORP is working through the disc channel, on official & non-official games. If they are, move on. If not, reinstall a custom firmware, which will wipe CIOScorp off (this will wipe Preloader as well, but you can reinstall that). If it does work, move on.

6) After making sure everything on your system is working great, install Cios Rev15 THROUGH NETWORK to IOS 249. This will finish the process of getting the game to work. Rev15 is NOT broken, you just need Rev14 first, to have a better chance to work correctly.

7) You have everything you need now, now its time to test it. Get your NSMB disc (the image on it must be the patched version. The game wont work flawlessly without it) & go into Neogamma R7.

8) Try to load the game. If it doesnt work, set these settings up.

Region Options:
Boot Lang: Console Default or Auto Force
Force Video: Wii
Patch Video: No
VIDTV Patch: No
Patch Country Str.: Yes

Config Options:
Hook Type: None
Ocarina On: No
Altern. .dol: No
Save Config: Doesn't Matter

Rebooter Options:
Recovery Mode: No
Region Free: Yes
Remove Copy Flags: No
Button Skip: Doesn't Matter

There you have it. You should now be playing NSMB flawlessly. If anyone has problems, tell me. If not, this might be a good idea for first page (hint, hint
nyanya.gif
)

pinkshirt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
taktularCBo said:
pinkshirt said:
taktularCBo said:
afnuke said:
New_Super_Mario_Bros_Wii_req.ios.truncha_FiX
Is this working just with a Mod-Chip, like wiikey and no additional software, loaders or IOS?

No. When the game is patched your system IOS (IOS60 for 4.0/4.1 or IOS70 for 4.2) must have the trucha bug to boot the game from the disc channel. Patching the game forces you to trucha sign the disc so the system IOS must be patched as well to run it, regardless of the presence of your WiiKey.

Thank you for you Answer Buddy,
but why is it not possible to patch this game without making it unreadable for Mod-Chips?

When you tamper with the contents of the game, it breaks the Nintendo signature on the disc, it's sort of like a checksum on a file, if you change the contents, the checksum changes. Without their internal tools, you can't regenerate that. It has to be signed with a fake "trucha" signature. The menu IOS checks this signature, and if it's not a Nintendo signature it tells you to FO unless you have patched it to allow for the trucha signature.

pinkshirt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
taktularCBo said:
afnuke said:
when they change the internals of the game(....not the update partition) the wii doesnt recognize it as a Nintendo disc anymore, its modified. Im not to smart on the subject, but I think thats why our chips wont read it unless we patch our IOS(with HBC and Dop-ios) I Think?

I just ask myself, why its not possible to just take out the Copyright-Protection (someone in the Forum here said, its something like 30MB big) and don't patch the rest...or this already patching to take out this Protection?

Well...seems like I have to wait a long time
frown.gif

You could have it up and running in a few minutes using the homebrew channel and DopIOS. Don't fear it, you aren't going to brick your Wii unless you cut power to it in the middle of the IOS installation.

Mazuli

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gokuguy said:
I HAVE FOUND OUT HOW TO PLAY IT WITH ONLY SOFTMOD. I'm going to give exact instructions on how I got it working.

NSMB patched ISO (I gave instructions on how to manually patch a few pages back)
Neogamma R7 (channel)
Cios Rev14
Cios Rev15
CiosCORP 3.5

1) Have a softmodded wii. (I would suggest using 4.0 or 4.1 firmware, since its newest)

2) Before you start anything, make sure to have Preloader or some other backup software to recover your system, if anything goes wrong.

3) Install Neogamma R7. I used the channel, for more conviency.

4) If you dont have it already, install CIOS Rev14. This will give most of the IOS' you already need for other games.

5) Download & install CiosCORP 3.5. This enables other games to be played on the disc channel, & gives you the IOS' you need. This is NOT required, but is recommended. If you dont get CIOSCorp, you will have to get the correct IOS from somewhere else. After installing this, make sure CiosCORP is working through the disc channel, on official & non-official games. If they are, move on. If not, reinstall a custom firmware, which will wipe CIOScorp off (this will wipe Preloader as well, but you can reinstall that). If it does work, move on.

6) After making sure everything on your system is working great, install Cios Rev15 THROUGH NETWORK to IOS 249. This will finish the process of getting the game to work. Rev15 is NOT broken, you just need Rev14 first, to have a better chance to work correctly.

7) You have everything you need now, now its time to test it. Get your NSMB disc (the image on it must be the patched version. The game wont work flawlessly without it) & go into Neogamma R7.

Region Options:

Config Options:

Rebooter Options:

There you have it. You should now be playing NSMB flawlessly. If anyone has problems, tell me. If not, this might be a good idea for first page (hint, hint
nyanya.gif
)
Doesn't work for me. DVD Read Error 1101.

gokuguy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mazuli said:
gokuguy said:

Neogamma R7 (channel)
Cios Rev14
Cios Rev15
CiosCORP 3.5

3) Install Neogamma R7. I used the channel, for more conviency.

4) If you dont have it already, install CIOS Rev14. This will give most of the IOS' you already need for other games.

Region Options:

Config Options:

Rebooter Options:

nyanya.gif
)
Doesn't work for me. DVD Read Error 1101.

Does this happen on every game, or just NSMB? If on every game, reinstall a custom firmware, & try again. If only on NSMB, double check every step, & double check your NSMB game. NOTE that if you have a modchip as well, this might not work.

EDIT: I am so sorry... I think I found the flaw in my guide. Install Cios Rev14 BEFORE Neogamma R7. Reinstall a firmware, then try this again. That should make a big difference. Ill also switch it on my original post.

masterbraz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gokuguy, Will neogamma still work with every other game? Or will Rev15 give errors when playing games through neogamma, like people have been complaining about? I think you already did say something on this, but i just want a for sure confirmation please.

gokuguy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
masterbraz said:
Gokuguy, Will neogamma still work with every other game? Or will Rev15 give errors when playing games through neogamma, like people have been complaining about? I think you already did say something on this, but i just want a for sure confirmation please.

I just checked & got this out of it.

Neogamma R7: Most games work, 001 Error back.
Neogamma R8 beta 11: Same thing, 001 errors.
CIOSCorp 3.5: Plays the 001 error games.

So, yes, the problem is back, but there are 2 solutions to it.

1) Use CiosCorp 3.5 through Disc Channel
2) Burn 001 error games (Mario Kart, ACCF, ect.) on DVD+R, while changing the booktype of the burn to DVD-ROM.

Either of these fix the problem. I have tried both.

Xeon ~ Pado

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Filling Wii's with cIOS is never a good idea since Nintendo is getting many ways to wreck them.
Btw, I got the Wiisos scrubbed fix download from the game, and I'm modchipped. I really hope it works, if it doesn't I'm trying NeoGamma if they fix the link.

If I get it to work, I'm really making a tutorial of "How to run properly" since there are so many of unprecise tutorials saying.

Donwload something.
Patch something.
Run it.

Which makes people have more doubts about the issue being discussed

gokuguy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe the tutorial is correct now. To make sure though, I'm about to apply everything onto 1 other wii of mine, same stuff. I'll report the results in a few.

afnuke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah, but I keep reading that "before I installed homebrew my retail disc worked fine and now they dont" and my chip wil play every game except 2(ghostbusters and nsmb). Since this game was released there has been to many people having problems installing it still. Lots of people get errors trying the install guide and I really dont want to email someone to get a link or whatever.

Again, I know nothing of HBC anymore, but I confirmed through other sources that bannerbomb would load the dop ios program and the the IOS53_v5149.wad (truncha_FiXed) is out. Can it not be installed this way and bypass all that homebrew installation?
yeah yeah, just install HBC .......... I would if there wasnt a million forums full of problems and discussions about it. Dont really see that with hard mods.

And yeah, I would just buy the darn thing if I didnt have five kids to take care of ....they always need something
huh.gif

junosque55

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
gokuguy said:
junosque55 said:
By the way not sure if it was mentioned at all.

If you do the update that comes with this game, it will replace your Boot2, erasing preloader and Bootmii in the process. You still get to keep HBC and can easily reinstall them back.

But when u do so, the update screen will be up again. Kindda irritating

I believe it has been, but I'm not quite sure.

Are you using Preloader? If you want to stop that, get Preloader 0.29 and the right hacks.ini for for your wii version (3.2U/E, 3.4U/E, 4.0U/E, 4.1U/E, ect.) so you can block updates. If you need ios' later, search it up or use the ones off of the disc using Wiiscrubber (off of disc isnt always recommended).

________________________________________________________________________________

nah i dont have preloader. i will go check it out and set it up to block the updates naturally later. thanks :-)

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
So.. was anyone with a D2CKey able to play the game from the disc anyhow?

Tried most of the methods here and I always get a green screen.. starting to think the problem is related to the modchip.. :/

Omega_2

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Are we on about the ntsc iso now, or still on the pal version(NeoGamma R8 beta12 seems to do the same as beta7)?
Also, any chance that we didn't softmod properly for cIOS15 to be breaking all burned games?
(For me, it IS broken.)
How is it that the 'protections' on this game have defeated the scene?

ALSO: NeoGamma R8 http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=175361&st=0

pinkshirt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lvholanda said:
There's no way to run this game with modchip from disc channel?

Trucha patch your system IOS and it will work from the disc channel once the ISO is patched to remove the protection, just like it says in the first post.

Posts merged

QUOTE(Eikon @ Nov 17 2009, 06:25 PM) confirmed that the new flatmii software v1.5 loads the game directly from the disc channel, fuck yea!

I tried patched and unpatched NTSC and PAL images, all seem to be working with this update both in the disc channel and through GeckoOS.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/QQkYnQu