Hacking New Super Mario Bros. Wii

afnuke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dont know.......it just came out and Im pretty sure you need HBC to install it ( I dont). I wonder if someone will figure out a way to inject it into the disk and let the update install the truncha one instead. I think theres no hope for chips until they release updates, or in my case I will have to buy a new chip(I cant update mine)

taktularCBo

Trophies
XP
Country
France
afnuke said:
dont know.......it just came out and Im pretty sure you need HBC to install it ( I dont). I wonder if someone will figure out a way to inject it into the disk and let the update install the truncha one instead. I think theres no hope for chips until they release updates, or in my case I will have to buy a new chip(I cant update mine)
hate2.gif

All Mod-Chip teams really take a lot of time
frown.gif

Thanks anyways for the Answer
smile.gif

tpformbh

Trophies
XP
Country
Daaniel said:
After thinking a little, I can say that D2CKey is not compatible with the NTSC version. I tested here, and all loaders say "No Disc". Which probably means that it will just not read the disc. This happened before with SSBB, with a specific media.
Fortunately, I read 2 forum posts of people who got it working with the PAL version.
I'll download and test the PAL version, I'll tell you the result.
EDIT: I found a fix for the NTSC version. I'm applying it to the ISO, then I'll burn and do the ios-dop. If it works, I post the instructions.

I've bought a screw driver so i'm going to see if i really do have a d2ckey, so i can make sure i'm not spreading false information.

Followed the excellent guide in this hacking forum, (was on 4.2), now works fine through gamma v8, no issues at all. There is definitely something different with the disk then, as before any game would work just through the mod chip.

As far as i'm aware i've not patched IOS53 and therefore i still get crashes if i use the normal disk channel.

Hope there's no downsides to using cIOS rev 14 with my other games, all the problems i've read about so far seem to be from soft mod/usb loader users.

pinkshirt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
taktularCBo said:
afnuke said:
New_Super_Mario_Bros_Wii_req.ios.truncha_FiX
Is this working just with a Mod-Chip, like wiikey and no additional software, loaders or IOS?

No. When the game is patched your system IOS (IOS60 for 4.0/4.1 or IOS70 for 4.2) must have the trucha bug to boot the game from the disc channel. Patching the game forces you to trucha sign the disc so the system IOS must be patched as well to run it, regardless of the presence of your WiiKey.

taktularCBo

Trophies
XP
Country
France
pinkshirt said:
taktularCBo said:
afnuke said:
New_Super_Mario_Bros_Wii_req.ios.truncha_FiX
Is this working just with a Mod-Chip, like wiikey and no additional software, loaders or IOS?

No. When the game is patched your system IOS (IOS60 for 4.0/4.1 or IOS70 for 4.2) must have the trucha bug to boot the game from the disc channel. Patching the game forces you to trucha sign the disc so the system IOS must be patched as well to run it, regardless of the presence of your WiiKey.

Thank you for you Answer Buddy,
but why is it not possible to patch this game without making it unreadable for Mod-Chips?

afnuke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
when they change the internals of the game(....not the update partition) the wii doesnt recognize it as a Nintendo disc anymore, its modified. Im not to smart on the subject, but I think thats why our chips wont read it unless we patch our IOS(with HBC and Dop-ios) I Think?

chewtoy11

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had a terrible time getting the NTSC (USA) version to work properly with a USB loader (soft mod ONLY). My system shows menu version 4.2U. I'm using CoverFloader (r1020) which I built myself, to enable the on-the-fly patching of the NTSC game (although I don't think this would be necessary as long as you have a patched or fixed ISO, I built CoverFloader out of desperation). The ISO I have installed on the HDD is an untouched NTSC ISO.

SO, after all of that, still no dice... so guess what ultimately worked? Using Dop-IOS v8 to revert IOS38 to v3610 with signing patch. AFTER THAT, I was able to play the entire first world with no problems, and made it to the second world (before saving and quitting).

The only peculiar thing to note is that sometimes, on the title screen while music is playing, it will hang after looping through the intro movie a time or two. It's not showing an error, and as long as I'm playing the game there is no problem. This problem only happens on the title screen. I suspect that this is due to some other modified IOS on the system.

N.B.: I did have to turn on the Error_002 fix.

Hopefully this helps somebody out there.

screwed

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
the NeoGamma R8Beta7 link is still broken.
anyone have another link for it?

Posts merged

the NeoGamma R8Beta7 link is still broken.
anyone have another link for it?

taktularCBo

Trophies
XP
Country
France
afnuke said:
when they change the internals of the game(....not the update partition) the wii doesnt recognize it as a Nintendo disc anymore, its modified. Im not to smart on the subject, but I think thats why our chips wont read it unless we patch our IOS(with HBC and Dop-ios) I Think?

I just ask myself, why its not possible to just take out the Copyright-Protection (someone in the Forum here said, its something like 30MB big) and don't patch the rest...or this already patching to take out this Protection?

Well...seems like I have to wait a long time
frown.gif

Langin

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Oke Ive got an sorta confirmation:

Ive uncioscorped my wii, then installed what tha front page said then tried latest neo gamma from gbatemp(beta 18)

and now I start it and it gives error 001
unauthorised device founded(something like that)
first it did reboot my wii so I am a step nearer to the game play!

wii specs

sys 4.1E
hbc installed
I had cios corp on it
and uhh thats it

and guma wtf do you mean? give more details please.

Langin

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
guma10 said:
i whant to know what cios/ios i need...

lolwut. oke first tell what system menu you are then if youve got an softmodded wii or an chipped wii... then if you have an sm wii then what loader do you use?

short: tell us the info about youre wii like loader!
yaynds.gif

that easy is it!

afnuke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
again, I know nothing of HBC anymore, but can you use bannerbomb and load the dop ios program and patch you ios? yeah.....probally a stupid question but had to ask.

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
afnuke said:
again, I know nothing of HBC anymore, but can you use bannerbomb and load the dop ios program and patch you ios? yeah.....probally a stupid question but had to ask.
You should be able to..some apps aren't compatible with Bannerbomb, so you just have to try...but you'll need an IOS with the Trucha-Patch for this.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Click on your profile pic in the top right corner, and you'll get the profile menu popup, with... +2