Hacking New Super Mario Bros. Wii

IlluminiX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
grither said:
can anyone tell me why i get err -2011 when I try to install IOS53 5149? installation fails. using cyclowiz modchip

-2011 error is usually due to not having an IOS patched such as IOS36 to install a cIOS or WAD file.

SpammyMcSpam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will it ever be possible to just have the game load with a chip and that's it? I currently have the most updated FW and a Wasabi Zero. The reason I got the chip was so I didn't have to worry about keeping up with all the softmod stuff.

IlluminiX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know I didn't come up with the method in my post from the previous page, but did you try that one? It's pretty close to working with just the disc and chip. You just need a patched IOS and a patched main.dol, and you can load the game from the Disc Channel.

maniacripper

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IlluminiX said:
grither said:
can anyone tell me why i get err -2011 when I try to install IOS53 5149? installation fails. using cyclowiz modchip

-2011 error is usually due to not having an IOS patched such as IOS36 to install a cIOS or WAD file.

and what would be the easiest way to do this with my situation listed above?

SpammyMcSpam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IlluminiX said:
I know I didn't come up with the method in my post from the previous page, but did you try that one? It's pretty close to working with just the disc and chip. You just need a patched IOS and a patched main.dol, and you can load the game from the Disc Channel.

Patched DOL is fine since its on the disc. I don't know how to patch a IOS but I can figure it out. Do I have to install HBC or anything like that? Can this be undone?

taktularCBo

Trophies
XP
Country
France
SpammyMcSpam said:
Will it ever be possible to just have the game load with a chip and that's it? I currently have the most updated FW and a Wasabi Zero. The reason I got the chip was so I didn't have to worry about keeping up with all the softmod stuff.

I got this from Wasabi Team:
QUOTEHi, XX!

The only information we have at this time is that our R&D team are working on it and soon as more news coming out, the web site will be updated with all needed informations.

Please frequently visit our web site for more information.

Regards

ole jason

Trophies
XP
Country
Will anything bad happen if I update my wii from the disc? I'm using wiikey v1 without HBC or anything so I'm not worried about anything being uninstalled.

SpammyMcSpam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
taktularCBo said:
SpammyMcSpam said:

I got this from Wasabi Team:
QUOTEHi, XX!

The only information we have at this time is that our R&D team are working on it and soon as more news coming out, the web site will be updated with all needed informations.

Please frequently visit our web site for more information.

Regards

Great! Maybe I'll just wait then.

TheOner

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Hi,
I have 4.2E with Infectus Argon 1.6 modchip. I softmodded my Wii today and installed cIOS38-rev14 & IOS53-64-v5406.wad. I can play New Super Mario Bros Wii PAL iND from DISC with NeoGamma R8 beta 7, but when i installed New_Super_Mario_Bros_EUR_Wii-iND to 8GB Kingston USB drive and tried to play it from there, i got disc read error with NeoGamma.

IlluminiX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
maniacripper said:
IlluminiX said:
grither said:

and what would be the easiest way to do this with my situation listed above?

Since I don't know exactly what's currently installed on your Wii, I am going to assume it's 4.1 or below. In that case, and even if isn't, I would recommend following this guide: http://sites.google.com/site/completesg/hacking-guide/trucha. There is another guide on that site if you are on 4.2. I never followed it myself because of the way I upgraded from 3.2 to 4.1 and kept my Trucha IOS's, so I may not be the right person to ask, but it should hopefully help you out. Hopefully I am not steering you in the wrong direction with the WM error you got.

IlluminiX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SpammyMcSpam said:
IlluminiX said:

Patched DOL is fine since its on the disc. I don't know how to patch a IOS but I can figure it out. Do I have to install HBC or anything like that? Can this be undone?

In your case, it sounds like you haven't modded your Wii in any way thus far aside from with a chip. Here I would also follow this guide: http://sites.google.com/site/completesg/hacking-guide. It can always be undone, but I might ask others how to do that when the time comes as I haven't done that myself. If you've got a chip, you might as well go all the way and have the HBC at your disposal, but that's your call. Or you could wait and see if your Chip maker releases an update. The game is too sweet to wait IMHO. Good luck!

Daaniel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
After thinking a little, I can say that D2CKey is not compatible with the NTSC version. I tested here, and all loaders say "No Disc". Which probably means that it will just not read the disc. This happened before with SSBB, with a specific media.
Fortunately, I read 2 forum posts of people who got it working with the PAL version.
I'll download and test the PAL version, I'll tell you the result.
EDIT: I found a fix for the NTSC version. I'm applying it to the ISO, then I'll burn and do the ios-dop. If it works, I post the instructions.

gokuguy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ju421019 said:
Thanks for the info, I have not patched the ISO, I guess that needs to be done? Is it done through the first post in this thread? Thanks

gokuguy said:
Mine did this when on SD card on Neogamma R7 when my game was NOT patched.I dont know much about USB GX Loader, but stay with me. (If i say anything that wont work on USB GX Loader, ignore those options). Make sure you have one of these things.

1) ISO with patched main.dol
2) patched main.dol to use as an alternate dol
3) Ocarina bypass cheat file (if you cant find the download, but find the code in this thread, the game ID is SMNE01 for NTSC version.)

All of these seem to work with USB & SD card. Try it.

The easiest way to patch it is to follow these steps.

1) Get a clean iso.
2) Get Wiiscrubber 1.40 Pack (includes everything you need)
3) Extract MakeKeyBin, open it, & create a Key.bin file.
4) Extract Wiiscrubber & open it. Open your NSMB iso.
5) Open the first partition with the + block, & find main.dol. Right click this, & press extract. Extract it to anywhere you want. DO NOT CLOSE WIISCRUBBER.
6) Open a hex editor & change these offsets.
Offset Orig Value New Value
001AB610 94 4E
001AB611 21 80
001AB612 FF 00
001AB613 D0 20

7) Save your edited main.dol & go back on wiiscrubber. Right click main.dol in wiiscrubber, & click replace. Choose your edited main.dol. Give it time to save, & your ISO is patched correctly.

**If using Hex Workshop, make sure the values at the very top only go from 0 to F. If it goes any further, you wont be able to find the correct offsets as easily. If it goes to 10 or over, just drag the bar at the end to take them out.**

jetsjets

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Daaniel said:
After thinking a little, I can say that D2CKey is not compatible with the NTSC version. I tested here, and all loaders say "No Disc". Which probably means that it will just not read the disc. This happened before with SSBB, with a specific media.
Fortunately, I read 2 forum posts of people who got it working with the PAL version.
I'll download and test the PAL version, I'll tell you the result.

Any ideas as to what makes the D2Ckey so different from other chips that would cause the incompatibility?

afnuke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
they came out with this fix today.....its just the wad files. I take it they are not useful to chip users unless we have HBC? No, Im not installing HBC...to many bricks and too many different guides, I miss my old wii that was twighlight hacked. (it burned up 2 weeks after installing HBC and playing a couple movies with it)

taktularCBo

Trophies
XP
Country
France
afnuke said:
they came out with this fix today.....its just the wad files. I take it they are not useful to chip users unless we have HBC? No, Im not installing HBC...to many bricks and too many different guides, I miss my old wii that was twighlight hacked. (it burned up 2 weeks after installing HBC and playing a couple movies with it)
which fix?

IlluminiX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
taktularCBo said:
afnuke said:
which fix?
New_Super_Mario_Bros_Wii_req.ios.truncha_FiX_Wii-iND (Link not included) I do not know if it is different than a regular V5149 Trucha Enabled IOS, but it works for me!

MuFFiE

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
My little Info:

My Wii:
Wii PAL 4.1 - Wasabi Zero & Flatmii - cIOS Rev14

Release: Untouched NSMB Pal release

Loader: USB Loader GX, latest Rev. - Autofix 002 on

Loaded PAL GCT File

Works 100% - Played to World 2 without errors

Greetz
MuFFiE

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/QQkYnQu