Hacking New Super Mario Bros. Wii

Pete666

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Works now for me

I install the Cios 249 (trucha.. sorry IM french I have a lot of problems speaking english)

Neogamma r8beta7

play with a patched iso I found in some torrent site because my original didn't even want to work and don't want to loose 50$

My wii is 4.1u
wiikey v1

My girlfriend is playing the game since 1hour!!

THANX TO JUNOSQUE55 for the help!!!! did what he said and works like a charm!!!!!

Deman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have a drivekey and my firmware is 4.2E. I got every soft mod and I have all the IOSes. cIOS 249 53 and 70 all patched. It doesn't matter if I start the game unpatched or patched through disc channel it just reboots my wii. If I do this with Neogamma or gecko OS it reboots my wii with a green screen. If I use the cheat code file it still doesnt works.

Em1l

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
LightyKD said:
OK this is for Disc Loaders ONLY!!!

I FINALLY got this game working so Im going to give you very easy steps on how to get it to work

1) Download and burn (at 2x) the PATCHED/fixed ISO

2) Install cIOS v.15

3) Load your disc using ULoader

I PROMISE you it worked for me for 99% chance it will work for you
wink.gif
Have fun!

Hey, i think i installed cios v.15 and i tried loading the disc using uloader but nothing happens. It's still that green screen and back to wii menu. I don't know if my iso is patched though. I'm going to download now a patched version of the game (PAL). and then burn at 2x ( i 've burnt it at 4x before). Are you using pal ? I use pal and my console is pal too

pinkshirt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Eikon said:
ziddey said:
NO IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH IT

must be the flatmii then
frown.gif
To quote the email I just received from Flatmii support:
"for new protection redownload the software in ...

www.flatmii.com/flatmii125.rar"

I downloaded it and it does appear to be a new rev of the software. I have not yet tested it to see if it resolves the issue.

Soybomb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ole jason said:
rizzod said:
really... i cant believe this topic is still going like this....
USE A FREAKING USB LOADER ALREADY!... GOD!

You're seeing a huge influx of people who haven't really kept up to date on wii hacking for several months
It sure is the case with me, my wiikey has been working great for a long time, all this soft mod business is a lot to catch up on.

tpformbh

Trophies
XP
Country
Soybomb said:
ole jason said:
rizzod said:
really... i cant believe this topic is still going like this....
USE A FREAKING USB LOADER ALREADY!... GOD!

You're seeing a huge influx of people who haven't really kept up to date on wii hacking for several months
It sure is the case with me, my wiikey has been working great for a long time, all this soft mod business is a lot to catch up on.

I had the soft mod crap on mine and took it all off last month when I updated to 4.2 (didn't care about VC anymore, bought the only game I ever play on). This is the first disk problem i've come accross (since brawl), which I guess isn't bad as my chips' lasted for 2 years.

I haven't a clue where to start with installing cIOS, or vulnerable IOSs this time around. I've only got the HBC, and all I want to do is put the disk in the drive and play it.

gokuguy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I go the game working on SD with this;

Wii 4.1U (waninkoko firmware)
NO Modchip, just softmod (by way of Bannerbomb)
CIOSCorp 3.5 (doesnt matter really...)
Cios Rev14
Neogamma R7 (channel)
512mb SD
Patched main.dol NSMB (NTSC)

Works flawlessly. Played for over 2 hours yesterday with my buds.

I would like to ask about loading it on disc though.
I know there is no way to load with CIOSCorp yet for disc channel, but can I still get it to work on disc through Neogamma or something? I have no modchip, but do have Neogamma & Gecko OS.
What happens to me when I try a NSMB disc, unpatched & correctly patched, I get the "green screen", in which 4 different glitched green screens appear (last one, only 1 pixel is added), then my wii restarts to the menu. Is there any way to fix this?

junosque55

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
By the way not sure if it was mentioned at all.

If you do the update that comes with this game, it will replace your Boot2, erasing preloader and Bootmii in the process. You still get to keep HBC and can easily reinstall them back.

But when u do so, the update screen will be up again. Kindda irritating

gokuguy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
junosque55 said:
By the way not sure if it was mentioned at all.

If you do the update that comes with this game, it will replace your Boot2, erasing preloader and Bootmii in the process. You still get to keep HBC and can easily reinstall them back.

But when u do so, the update screen will be up again. Kindda irritating

I believe it has been, but I'm not quite sure.

Are you using Preloader? If you want to stop that, get Preloader 0.29 and the right hacks.ini for for your wii version (3.2U/E, 3.4U/E, 4.0U/E, 4.1U/E, ect.) so you can block updates. If you need ios' later, search it up or use the ones off of the disc using Wiiscrubber (off of disc isnt always recommended).

________________________________________________________________________________

QUOTE(ju421019 @ Nov 17 2009, 11:21 AM)
I need some help as well, this is why the Yafaze site was so easy to browse, too many threads with same info. I've been trying to search ,can't find the answer.

I have Pre Loader v.0.29, then on the preloader screen it says IOS v60 and Systemenu v417.

I have 4.0u Installed from Wii and then the USB GX Loader.

Now, when I try to run the iso from USB GX Loader, I get a message saying error shut down the Wii, etc.

Any help as to how to get this to work on USB GX Loader.

Thanks!
________________________________________________________________________________

Mine did this when on SD card on Neogamma R7 when my game was NOT patched.I dont know much about USB GX Loader, but stay with me. (If i say anything that wont work on USB GX Loader, ignore those options). Make sure you have one of these things.

1) ISO with patched main.dol
2) patched main.dol to use as an alternate dol
3) Ocarina bypass cheat file (if you cant find the download, but find the code in this thread, the game ID is SMNE01 for NTSC version.)

All of these seem to work with USB & SD card. Try it.

Groomery

Trophies
Website
g.imagehost.org
XP
Country
I have a wii Korean, with Error 003, can play autoboot patched games throw rescue menu, And i patched New super mario bros with BootMe, and it works, but only a little time, when i get An error has occurred.
Press the eject button,remove the game disc, and turn off the power to the console.

Any advice? tried to patch the game with New_Super_Mario_Bros_Wii_USA_main.dol_FiX_Wii-iND, but after that the game doesnt boot? any advice?

IlluminiX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Working Wiikey V1 (probably other chips also) Method in Disc Channel:
1) Patch dol, remove update partition (not necessary), and burn.
2) Trucha patch your System Menu IOS.
3) Find and install Trucha enabled IOS53 (V5149 is floating around now).
4) Play in Disc Channel - simple as that!
Note: I did not try an unpatched dol, but that may work too, I don't know.

Working Soft-disc Method:
2) Install CIOS R15
3) Find and install Trucha enabled IOS53 (V5149 is floating around now).
3) Find and install Neogamma R8 B7.
4) Play!
Note: Again, patching dol may not be necessary - I cannot confirm, and CIOS R14 may work also, as well as other versions of Neogamma. I just used what I had and all seems to work.

Eikon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pinkshirt said:
Eikon said:
ziddey said:
NO IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH IT

must be the flatmii then
frown.gif
To quote the email I just received from Flatmii support:
"for new protection redownload the software in ...

www.flatmii.com/flatmii125.rar"

I downloaded it and it does appear to be a new rev of the software. I have not yet tested it to see if it resolves the issue.
Thanks a lot to you, and to those who confirmed it was broken on flatmii, that saved me a lot of time. I don't have a working disc drive which is the reason I use a flatmii, so hopefully this software update will solve the problem. I'll post to confirm for other flatmii users if this new Flatmii_v1.5.exe loads NSMB, later today.

D

DarknessTear

I get the game to work but eventually I get an error and have to turn the Wii off. I have it installed via USB and burned on disc, but it's not patched.

grither

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
IlluminiX said:
Working Wiikey V1 (probably other chips also) Method in Disc Channel:
2) Find and install Trucha enabled IOS53 (V5149 is floating around now).
3) Play in Disc Channel - simple as that!
Note: I did not try an unpatched dol, but that may work too, I don't know.

can anyone tell me why i get err -2011 when I try to install IOS53 5149? installation fails. using cyclowiz modchip

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: It's Mayday fellas