Hacking New Super Mario Bros. Wii

oddgriffin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LightyKD said:
I really wish that whoever owns this thread's first post would update the softmod part with the instructions I posted. This would stop a lot of the confusion.
i think it is because your situation still seems pretty unique at this point. i know you dont have a magical rev15 so why does it work for you and errors for me. must be something some of us are still missing and we just assume rev15 is messed up lol

Mazuli

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LightyKD said:
Mazuli said:
LightyKD said:
OK this is for Disc Loaders ONLY!!!

I FINALLY got this game working so Im going to give you very easy steps on how to get it to work

1) Download and burn (at 2x) the PATCHED/fixed ISO

2) Install cIOS v.15

3) Load your disc using ULoader

I PROMISE you it worked for me for 99% chance it will work for you
wink.gif
Have fun!
It's not working for me.

What's not working for you? If you're having problems with ULoader make sure you have the disc in your drive FIRST. ULoader will spend a few seconds scanning for a USB drive then it will tell you to press "2" to start up your disc.
Right. And when I press 2 it sits there for about 10 seconds and then says Error = -2. Other games work fine with Uloader.

oddgriffin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
uimy said:
LightyKD said:
I really wish that whoever owns this thread's first post would update the softmod part with the instructions I posted. This would stop a lot of the confusion.
Yeah, I know 5 people now that now have it working with that method. I think it has something to do with cIOS rev15.
maybe not rev15 but whatever it is that is different that he can actually use rev15

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
Dammit.. I'm going crazy here! 4.1U Wii with D2CKey, no softmod.

Used DOP-IOS to trucha bug IOS53 and 60. Error on Disc channel and NeoGamma R7 !
Installed cIOS rev15. Same thing.
uLoader 3.1. Same thing!

With both patched and unpatched discs :/

Need help here.

afnuke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IF you have just a MOD chip, this game will NOT work (Im tired of everyone asking)

Heres my results:

4.0u + drivekey lite = shows game in disk channel but just restarts wii when you hit start
4.1u (updated wii via disk successfully) + drivekey lite = shows game in disc in channel but restarts wii when you hit start.

Hakoda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
rasputin said:
jonjon95 said:
I need help getting the PAL version of this game to run through the Disc Channel on my hardmodded Wii. I realized I need to trucha sign my IOS53 and IOS70 (cuz im on 4.2U right?) I can get the game to run through Neogamma R8 Beta 7 perfectly so I have HBC and BootMii and stufff like that. I ran DOP-IOS MOD, selected to load off of IOS249, Select IOS53 (the latest on DOP-IOS is actually old but it should still work?) I selected YES to install & YES to install with Sig Hash (Trucha patch right?) and it completed the install. Did the exact same for IOS 70. Went to the Disc channel I get: Disc Cannot Be Read. It did that even before I patched IOS53 & IOS70.

If all else fails, I can always just stick with NeoGamma but I'd rather have it launch straight from teh Disc Channel. I have 2 releases of this ISO. 1 labeled: [Wii]New_Super_Mario_Bros[PAL][FIX WORKS ON USBLOADER_DVD][******.com] and the other: [Wii]New_Super_Mario_Bros[PAL][******.com]

Do I have the wrong releases? I can download new ones, don't tell me the site, just the release name and group. (That's not breaking rules right?)

Any Ideas? Thanks in advance.

~ Jon

try trucha bugging ur other basic ios's too (sig hash-yes) 36,37,55,60 .. because it should work (unless don't have a chip)

i can tell u it works for me via patched iso through the normal disc channel using wiikey v.1 1.9s firmware, my wii is on 4.1e firmware

Improvment, but it didn't work entirely.

Here's what I did: Found an USA NSMB ISO, patched it manually using Hex-Editor XVI32. When I searched for the address 0x001AB610 - 0x001AB613, the addresses didn't match on the left side, but the program didn't state that it didn't find the address either. The values matched, so I overwrote them with the correct values. Saved the main.dol, rescrubbed it back in and recompiled the ISO. Burned it at 4x on Verbatim DVD-R. Shows in Disc Channel but as soon as you launch it, I get the "An error has occured..." error.

Here are the values & addresses I used from an earlier post:

CODE
OffsetÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂOrig ValueÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ New Value
0x001AB610ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ 94ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ 4E
0x001AB611ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ 21ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ 80
0x001AB612ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ FFÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ 00
0x001AB613ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ D0ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ 20

On 4.2U with WiiKey 1.9s and IOS 36,37,55,60, & 70 trucha patched using DOP-IOS MOD. cIOS38rev14 installed as well. What'd I miss?

~ Jon

Tanas

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
afnuke said:
IF you have just a MOD chip, this game will NOT work (Im tired of everyone asking)

Heres my results:

4.0u + drivekey lite = shows game in disk channel but just restarts wii when you hit start
4.1u (updated wii via disk successfully) + drivekey lite = shows game in disc in channel but restarts wii when you hit start.
The drivekey is no different than a softmod, you'll need to following the softmod guides if you have any chance of getting the game to work.

ardy211

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
QUOTE(LightyKD @ Nov 16 2009, 01:45 PM) *

I FINALLY got this game working so Im going to give you very easy steps on how to get it to work

2) Install cIOS v.15

I PROMISE you it worked for me for 99% chance it will work for you wink.gif Have fun!
................................................................................

I have 3.2U with disk loader and ive been using neogamme r6 rev 14, and i just finished downloading today the game and obvioulsy i konw u herd this a million times but its not working so i upgraded the rev to 15 and upgraded neogamma to r8 still same crap so i did ur steps and all but it would just load back to the menu screen

Posts merged

2) Install cIOS v.15

I PROMISE you it worked for me for 99% chance it will work for you wink.gif Have fun!
................................................................................

I have 3.2U with disk loader and ive been using neogamme r6 rev 14, and i just finished downloading today the game and obvioulsy i konw u herd this a million times but its not working so i upgraded the rev to 15 and upgraded neogamma to r8 still same crap so i did ur steps and all but it would just load back to the menu screen

deundead

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CockroachMan said:
Will I have any problems if I overwrite cios rev15 with cios rev14?
unsure.gif

edit: I'm starting to think that my patch is wrong.. how do I do it manually!? Too many pages to go back..

I don't think you need cios rev15, since I have cios rev14 and patched IOS53/70 on 4.2U with a D2Pro chip and it works perfectly from disc channel. I used the original iso "New Super Mario Bros Wii USA Wii-QwiiF" patched with "New Super Mario Bros Wii USA main.dol FiX Wii-iND".

BRYAN4D

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

2) Install cIOS38 Rev.15

4) Apply gct codes(Search Around for file) and you'll be able to run without problems.

GamerKT

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ardy211 said:

2) Install cIOS v.15

Posts merged

2) Install cIOS v.15

IT WORKED!

boogerlad

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have [Wii]New Super Mario Bros[PAL][FIX WORKS ON USBLOADER DVD][WIISOS com]
I also have a 3.2u wii with cios rev14 and neogamma r7. Do I just need to update cios to rev 15 and neogamma to r8 beta 12 for a burnt dvd to work?

ardy211

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
yeaa i have ios 53 installed and when i went to the uloader i changed the settings and put it to run on ios 249 then the game started great played it for like 5 minutes and it showed me the remove disk error

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Not really just funny. I'm definitely a nerd!