effbee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jetsjets said:
Great! Thank You!

Patching IOS53/70 doesn't screw up anything else does it?

Upside down HBC / launching Wiiware from SD card or anything weird like that?

thanks again!

Nope, HBC uses IOS61.

If you have a modchip you will need the patched main.dol or ISO.
You will need a Trucha patched IOS70 (4.2 system IOS) so it will read the now Trucha signed DVD.
Also a Trucha patched IOS53 (NSMBW uses this IOS) so it will also accept the now Trucha signed DVD.

After all that you should be able to launch the DVD from the Disc Channel like any other game.

Using a game for your region makes things much easier too since 4.2 broke the region changing abilities of most modchips.

Hope that will help someone.
yay.gif

oddgriffin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LightyKD said:
OK this is for Disc Loaders ONLY!!!

I FINALLY got this game working so Im going to give you very easy steps on how to get it to work

1) Download and burn (at 2x) the PATCHED/fixed ISO

2) Install cIOS v.15

3) Load your disc using ULoader

I PROMISE you it worked for me for 99% chance it will work for you
wink.gif
Have fun!
what you got? modchip or softmod.

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oddgriffin said:
LightyKD said:

I FINALLY got this game working so Im going to give you very easy steps on how to get it to work

2) Install cIOS v.15

wink.gif
Have fun!
what you got? modchip or softmod.

Im strickly softmod
smile.gif

dlf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually he's saying that if he loads the game up via the wiimenu (disc channel, or custon channel?) it won't work yet if he opens up a loader and loads the game it does work. He wonders why.
oddgriffin said:
andresilva said:
dude , some one read my problem? maybe is something easy and i just dont know xD...
i cant playit via my wii menu, by the USB LOADER GX Channel, but when i open Home Brew Channel, and then USB Loader GX with the same options on than the channel(#002 ) it works
ohmy.gif

WHY?
last 2 words of your post say "it works", so what is the problem again?

Magnetox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So just to confirm if you were to purchase the retail disc in stores it will work perfectly even with a modchip installed? I have a drivekey and I'm curious if it will run while enabled.

Also with the drivekey in stealth mode isn't it just like if the mod chip was removed?

Dialexio

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Retail discs will always work unless you're missing or screwed up the required IOS (I think NSMB uses IOS53, don't quote me on that), or scuffed the disc.

Korny

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can i download the patched pal version and play it on a dvd-r on my ntsc-u softmodded wii with neogamma? and it work... (if i were to install the cios r15 that it says in that post?

cause if so i dont mind having the pal version of the game .____.

oddgriffin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Korny said:
can i download the patched pal version and play it on a dvd-r on my ntsc-u softmodded wii with neogamma? and it work... (if i were to install the cios r15 that it says in that post?

cause if so i dont mind having the pal version of the game .____.
i would think if you could get it to play at all, simply forcing ntsc wouldn't be an issue. thing is he is one of only a few i have heard of having success with using disk media, as opposed to sd or usb, on a softmod wii. when i installed the rev15, none of my backups would work and i had to reinstall re14.

junker_man32

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
where the hell is the main.dol for the pal version of this!!!! the hex editor thing is too complicated, find it at the bytes??? the editor doesnt even show any of that crap! IVE looked online for HOURS AND NOTHING!!!!!!

bile

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LightyKD said:

2) Install cIOS v.15

wink.gif
Have fun!

by disc loaders you obviously mean from a dvd, uloader does not launch (nor does usbloader gx) if you dont have a hard drive hooked up, if you have a hard drive hooked up wtf is the point of disc loading?

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bile said:
LightyKD said:

2) Install cIOS v.15

wink.gif
Have fun!

by disc loaders you obviously mean from a dvd, uloader does not launch (nor does usbloader gx) if you dont have a hard drive hooked up, if you have a hard drive hooked up wtf is the point of disc loading?

What are you talking about? uLoader loads without a hard drive hooked up. It's what I'm using. Just press 2 when it says there's no hard drive detected and it'll start loading the disc.

jetsjets

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
effbee said:
jetsjets said:
Great! Thank You!

Patching IOS53/70 doesn't screw up anything else does it?

Upside down HBC / launching Wiiware from SD card or anything weird like that?

thanks again!

Nope, HBC uses IOS61.

If you have a modchip you will need the patched main.dol or ISO.
You will need a Trucha patched IOS70 (4.2 system IOS) so it will read the now Trucha signed DVD.
Also a Trucha patched IOS53 (NSMBW uses this IOS) so it will also accept the now Trucha signed DVD.

After all that you should be able to launch the DVD from the Disc Channel like any other game.

Using a game for your region makes things much easier too since 4.2 broke the region changing abilities of most modchips.

Hope that will help someone.
yay.gif

Thank you! I will try this tonight when I get back from class.

pubert09

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bile said:
LightyKD said:

2) Install cIOS v.15

wink.gif
Have fun!

When you start uloader all you have to do is press 2 on your wiimote. You don't need a hard drive or anything hooked up.

Hakoda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I need help getting the PAL version of this game to run through the Disc Channel on my hardmodded Wii. I realized I need to trucha sign my IOS53 and IOS70 (cuz im on 4.2U right?) I can get the game to run through Neogamma R8 Beta 7 perfectly so I have HBC and BootMii and stufff like that. I ran DOP-IOS MOD, selected to load off of IOS249, Select IOS53 (the latest on DOP-IOS is actually old but it should still work?) I selected YES to install & YES to install with Sig Hash (Trucha patch right?) and it completed the install. Did the exact same for IOS 70. Went to the Disc channel I get: Disc Cannot Be Read. It did that even before I patched IOS53 & IOS70.

If all else fails, I can always just stick with NeoGamma but I'd rather have it launch straight from teh Disc Channel. I have 2 releases of this ISO. 1 labeled: [Wii]New_Super_Mario_Bros[PAL][FIX WORKS ON USBLOADER_DVD][******.com] and the other: [Wii]New_Super_Mario_Bros[PAL][******.com]

Do I have the wrong releases? I can download new ones, don't tell me the site, just the release name and group. (That's not breaking rules right?)

Any Ideas? Thanks in advance.

~ Jon

jetsjets

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It might be easier to get it working if you used the NTSC release if you're running 4.2U. like effbee said earlier, the 4.2 update kills the region-free features on many mod-chips so you might run into trouble trying to run the PAL release.

maniacripper

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After I updated my Wii from 4.1u to 4.2u (made sure to update homebrew channel first) I can't load DopIos anymore. The screen just goes black when I try to select it from the homebrew channel

Is there any other way to mess with my ios files?

effbee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
maniacripper said:
After I updated my Wii from 4.1u to 4.2u (made sure to update homebrew channel first) I can't load DopIos anymore. The screen just goes black when I try to select it from the homebrew channel

Is there any other way to mess with my ios files?

Try "Pimp My Wii" or the "Trucha Bug Restorer" to get IOS15 downgraded and a patched IOS36 going.
You should be able to run DopIOS MOD then. The MOD lets you select what IOS to use, I believe regular DopIOS tries to use IOS249 which is a stub IOS in 4.2

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/ykuU8hnotr0?si=HzEN_fL2UyOn35HQ +1