Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
wii.gif
New Super Mario Bros. Wii announced
Multiplayer mayhem
The first new game to be unveiled by Nintendo at their E3 2009 press conference was New Super Mario Bros. Wii. This new game for the Wii is a side-scrolling adventure with a large emphasis on multiplayer co-op play. Although you can play through the game on your own, up to three other players can also join in the action. Check out the announcement video below.

discuss.png
 Discuss

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
That looks pretty sweet to me. I'm looking forward to this, Galaxy 2, Metroid M and Conduit. Too bad some of those won't be out until 2010...

Looks like this one is for Christmas this year, the other games are all 2010 planned....

dinofan01

Misses the old days...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm pretty happy this game is coming out. Who doesn't love side scrolling mario? I'm just mad that the graphics look like ass. I'm not even sure they have better textures from the DS game. It just feels weird that this is gonna be a retail game. It should be wiiware. Do you think you would have bought Mega Man 9 if it was retail instead of dlc?

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
War said:
I'm a little pissed off, to be honest :\ This looks like it could be on the DS, so why isn't it? The DS got barely any love at the conference.
Did you even see it? There was a lot on show for the DS.

manaphy4ever

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
I really like this game i really like the first part and i really will enjoy this on wii and i play with my brothers and my friends that's really good thank you nintendo

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
On the conference I had the impression that this was just the DS game on a bigger screen and 4 players.. but looking at the trailer, they added a lot of new stuff to the game.. looks really great!

Yeah, they could have released this as WiiWare.. but they want it to appeal to the general public, like New Super Mario Bros is doing, that public is not used to buy stuff online
tongue.gif

Uchiha Obito

Trophies
XP
Country
I think Nintendo this year is trying to NOT be so bad as in the last year... It was a complete failure to them but this time... With this game... Nintendo will sell xD At least for me

dinofan01

Misses the old days...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
CockroachMan said:
Yeah, they could have released this as WiiWare.. but they want it to appeal to the general public, like New Super Mario Bros is doing, that public is not used to buy stuff online
tongue.gif
Very true. I just hope they charge $30-$40.

The Guardian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Most people won't be too excited about this but I still play Mario 1 with my friends and it it gets annoying having to wait for someone to die so this is awesome!

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
War said:
I'm a little pissed off, to be honest :\ This looks like it could be on the DS, so why isn't it? The DS got barely any love at the conference.
Golden Sun 3 is enough love for all the failed years before this E3, and the next conference as well.

And this does look fun to play, but how will they solve the "my partner went off-screen" issue that plagues all of these types of co-op games?

JDandy

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Too bad it's not on the DS, but it looks awesome all the same.
The downpoint about 4 player multi is that 2 people have to play as Toad. Nobody wants to be Toad
rolleyes.gif

DeMoN said:
And this does look fun to play, but how will they solve the "my partner went off-screen" issue that plagues all of these types of co-op games?

Screen zooms out a la Smash Bros.
Arguably the shittiest way to handle it, yet for some reason Nintendo loves it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @cearp, Interesting, considering that the USA has started to legalise cannabis in some states.