New Super Mario Bros 2 Announced For 3DS

SpaceJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
While I agree that the style is disappointing, let's wait for more footage and see how this turns out. Anyway, I'll get it. Yay, new 2D Mario :D

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
This game will only entice me if the 3D is superb (like platforms popping out of the screen).

Or else, meh.

heartgold

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Why are people complaining that it didn't turn out to be a 3D mario, we were already informed it would be a 2D type game. Re-used art style/assets is disappointing but hey if the gameplay is good then thats alright with me.

Reactions: 2 people

Eerpow

*swoosh*
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm so dissapointed about Nintendo reusing the same style and engine for this title, imagine how much more awesome it would be if they used the same 2D style as with Wario Land for Wii.

I'll won't get it but depending on the difficulty, level design, length, music... basically how original it is, I may just give it a try since I'm a sucker for speedruns.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
or what happened to mario 128?!

It's really just Super Mario Sunshine.

Can't say I'm all too interested in NSMB anymore. While other franchises have made, y'know, interesting 2D platforming (like Rayman), NSMB just feels really bland and lifeless. Yeah, the level designs are solid, but it's still the same and the art is practically nonexistent. It just looks like SMB... But with 3D models instead of 2D.

EDIT: Also I'm really fucking sick of the Raccoon Suit. Why is Nintendo all of the sudden putting it in everything? Like are they trying to go "OOOOH WE LOVE SMB3!"? I mean it's just a Raccoon Suit, I'd rather they have new power-ups.

Reactions: 2 people

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Good to see the return of the Raccoon suit and P bar - who knows, maybe we'll see Goomba's shoe in a couple of levels!! But, like has been said, it's difficult to get too excited about a game that currently looks near enough identical to the DS/Wii offerings.... a new 2D Mario is great and all but SMB1, 3 & World looked so different from each other... even when transported to Mario All Stars.
Another sucker for Mario games here - I'm sure I'll buy it, but once completed it'll probably just gather dust like the DS/Wii versions, can't see myself firing this one up 20 years down the line, unlike the NES/SNES adventures.... who knows, maybe we'll be proven wrong, it's only a couple of screenies after all!

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
or what happened to mario 128?!

It's really just Super Mario Sunshine.
they had a preview of all these marios on the screen at e3 or something a while back they said it was mario 128's engine and it was supposed to be released for the cube or was it the wii can't remem... anyway that's the last anyone ever heard of it

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: 1 person
D

Deleted_171835

Eh, would have preferred a new 2D game not in the New Super Mario Bros. artstyle. Oh well, I'll still get this as the games are pretty enjoyable.

But these are all filler releases until Super Mario Universe (or whatever) on the Wii U. Large open-world Galaxy type levels in 1080p HD at 60FPS, omg.

xxteargodxx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Boring, I was never a fan of the Mario franchise, though I'm sure every other fanboy will be excited out their ass for another Mario game being whore'd out.

--TearGod.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A think another main bitch of this game being NSMB is that its already been confirmed that the Wii U game is based on New Super Mario Bros Mii. I really hope "based" means only minor elements, one of these games its alright but two?

I find it odd that its coming out in August, you don't usually get high profile titles out in that month. I guess they want the Wii U to take all the limelight for late 2012.

EyeZ

Trophies
XP
I'm not a great fan of the Mario platformers, but i am amazed at the amount of negative comments for this.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
I'm not a great fan of the Mario platformers, but i am amazed at the amount of negative comments for this.

what do you expect, this is nothing new and is more of just a super mario bros 3 remake/remix i will pass on this, it's using the same gameplay as the DS version and even looks the same as the DS version.

EyeZ

Trophies
XP

what do you expect, this is nothing new and is more of just a super mario bros 3 remake/remix i will pass on this, it's using the same gameplay as the DS version and even looks the same as the DS version.

I expected if you liked the previous games then you would be more than happy to receive this, it isn't gonna be the same game as you've played, just keeping to it's core design.

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
So will this support multiplayer?
if not I'll just pass on this mario rehash
fuck yeah, I had the best video game time of my life playing NSMB multiplayer... shame it was only local!
I am hoping they'll include some sort of online multiplayer in this... fingers crossed !! it's definitely my most wanted feature.

Reactions: 3 people

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: though my mom has documents here on my pc