TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Personally I would love to see another 8-Bit (or even 16-Bit) Mario platformer. NSMB is ok, but it was too easy and didn't really feel like a true Super Mario game to me and was really missing the charm and enjoyment I had growing up with the older games. I want see Nintendo bring back those games and work on those for once. Sometimes the best way to upgrade can be to downgrade to the old ways for a few games.
I agree. though I think that would be suitable for an EShop release rather than a cart release.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Personally I would love to see another 8-Bit (or even 16-Bit) Mario platformer. NSMB is ok, but it was too easy and didn't really feel like a true Super Mario game to me and was really missing the charm and enjoyment I had growing up with the older games. I want see Nintendo bring back those games and work on those for once. Sometimes the best way to upgrade can be to downgrade to the old ways for a few games.
I agree. though I think that would be suitable for an EShop release rather than a cart release.
True, kinda like Mega Man 9&10 where, but it still would be nice for Nintendo to work on a game like that for once.

Reactions: 2 people
D

Deleted_171835

I just wish Nintendo did something interesting in terms of art style for once. I mean, no offense, but Nintendo games aren't exactly very art driven, exception being like Kirby's Epic Yarn and Paper Mario. If they made like a Mario game with really solid 2D graphics then it'd go a long way. Although generally I started feeling that Mario side scrollers in general feel too "rigid". Like not as loose and free flowing as some other platformers. Like they look different nowadays but they still feel as rigid as they were in the NES days, which I think needs to change.
I have to disagree with this. While the New Super Mario Bros games may have a bland artstyle, Nintendo games in general tend to be very art-driven. That's the reason most games they released looked great on the Wii despite it being old outdated hardware. Need I bring up Yoshi's Island, Wind Waker, Skyward Sword (whether the art-style is good is a matter of taste), Super Mario Galaxy 1/2, Twilight Princess, Donkey Kong Country Returns (which looks incredible) and the Metroid Prime games?

Reactions: 2 people

smurphyzeke

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's up with the P Meter? I mean it only shows up in one picture, the one with the Raccoon Suit. Does that mean it only appears then?

Hopefully it's there all the time and the other screens are just early development pictures.

D

Deleted_171835

What's up with the P Meter? I mean it only shows up in one picture, the one with the Raccoon Suit. Does that mean it only appears then?

Hopefully it's there all the time and the other screens are just early development pictures.
You don't know how the P Meter works, do you?

In Super Mario Bros. 3, when you ran for a little bit with the Racoon Suit, you were given the ability to temporarily fly and the P-Meter appears.

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States

If I remember correctly, the P meter determined how far/fast you had to sprint before being able to hover with the racoon suit. I imagine it's the same thing in this game.

Range-TE

Trophies
Website
random-arrow.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Indonesia
I'm always up for some new mario, but honestly, the world looks like another rehash of the worlds used in the first two nsmb. i mean remember how different SMB 1 to 3 was? or how different Super mario World is to those two. hell, even Sm64-Sunshine-galaxy was different, i hate to admit it but nintendo's being lazy on world design on nsmb games

Reactions: 1 person

heartgold

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
n_super_mario_bros-2-4.jpg

Multiple planes? Either way I can imagine this being at the very back of the screen in 3D mode.

Erdnaxela

Trophies
XP
Country
France
WHAT?
A sequel to one of the most selling game of all time?
This is insane! What is Nintendo thinking?!
This company never learn...

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually if they added multiple planes that could make a real refresh to the gameplay.

In all honesty it's probably just a "bonus" level that they put in the background or it's just a section of the game where you go behind the normal layer (there's a few moments in Rayman Origins like this).

Also, I could make a horribly funny observation but I'd probably get my ass chewed out for it.

FireGrey

Undercover Admin
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Actually if they added multiple planes that could make a real refresh to the gameplay.

In all honesty it's probably just a "bonus" level that they put in the background or it's just a section of the game where you go behind the normal layer (there's a few moments in Rayman Origins like this).

Also, I could make a horribly funny observation but I'd probably get my ass chewed out for it.
Most likely, I'm just saying if the whole game had that concept (Really, another rayman reference?).

FireGrey

Undercover Admin
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Most likely, I'm just saying if the whole game had that concept (Really, another rayman reference?).

Well, I was going to reference this and make a humorous remark about how everyone complains that Sony copies Nintendo but I decided not to.

Oh wait, I just did. My bad.
the point of that game is create, share and play.
the foreground and background movement have been used plenty of times in heaps of games, eg. Paper Mario.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night