New Super Luigi U coming to retail in August.

ComeTurismO

CTO
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
704055_305249_thumb.jpg

The DLC of New Super Mario Bros U is coming to stores this summer in June 20th for $30 or $20 for the content alone. The DLC will launch in retails in August 25th, 2013. Gamers will not be needing NSMB-U for NSLU, which will cost 30 bucks. This news came up in Nintendo Direct, and Iwata showed gameplay that day. Nintendo claims that this game will be similar to the development of full software, will feature updated versions of the first 82 courses with Luigi leading the way, leaving Mario out.
I wouldn't be that excited now, since Nintendo is not doing a good job now. It's practically leaving the toads out and Mario, but its the same game, for $20/30
:arrow: Source

J-Machine

Self proclaimed Pog champion
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
this is a day one purchase if I read correctly and I can get it retail. I don't have people coming around often enough to care about multiplayer (which I've never liked the co-op approach they did for this) and since it's cheaper than the first iteration and stand alone software, this seems perfect for me.

Now if they could only remove the a capella outbursts in the music I'd have nothing to complain about with this otherwise great series.

gamefan5

Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So paying 30$ if you want the special case, or 20$ for a reskinned version of the game And slight updates to the levels, and maybe a few that seem NEW but are just slightly edited?
No thanks~
Neat, But no thanks~
I think it's sort of a fact that it's for collecting purposes. Besides, I'm pretty sure Nintendo doesn't expect the retail vers. to sell more than the DLC.

Reactions: chavosaur

MarcusRaven

HBC Theme Maker
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I like to think of this DLC as New Super Mario Bros U - Challenge Mode. Since you get every single level redone, and you only get 100 seconds per level, its really going to appeal to those who find this series getting easier (like myself). Also, I feel releasing at retail is a smart move on Nintendo's part as it allows the game to be played by those who don't have NSMBU and just want to play the challenging version.

Honestly, I commend this approach, because it really opens up to the other niche of players out there that are disappointed in the series' difficulty. (I'm not disappointed, I very much enjoyed NSMBU, but it wasn't difficult.)

Looking forward to this.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I'm not sold yet. Yes, SNMBU was far, far better than I first thought. But the changed physics? I can't play SMB2 with Luigi. Really...the way he's always sorta hovering and sliding as if on ice makes me bump in pretty much any enemy at first encounter. And with a shorter time limit...will that mean the new levels are shorter as well? :unsure:

I wouldn't be that excited now, since Nintendo is not doing a good job now. It's practically leaving the toads out and Mario, but its the same game, for $20/30
80 new levels isn't doing a good job? You must have high standards. I don't think you've played 'another new super mario brothers wii' (a hack for NSMBW), as that makes the game entirely different.

jeffisher said:
why delay retail by two months and raise the price?
The price raise is probably to make up for the cost of the creation of the physical medium. After all: if they were available at the same time and at the same price, everyone would just go for the standalone version.

mysticwaterfall

Streamforce Supreme Commander
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DLC version is an instabuy for me, especially since I have an eshop card coming as a gift. 20$ is very reasonable for the content.

Another reason the standalone is 10$ more is it doesn't require you to have the original game.

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Should be more challenging, none of the recent Mario side scrollers have been all that difficult so 100 second levels seems like it will raise the bar and make it more challenging for older players.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't believe this is a real thing. Then again, I really like when someone or some corp really commits to a bit or idea. The year of Luigi is hilarious and I like it. :bortz:

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Should be more challenging, none of the recent Mario side scrollers have been all that difficult so 100 second levels seems like it will raise the bar and make it more challenging for older players.

I don't know about you, but NSMB U was a lot more difficult than other titles. The level design was just so much more better.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo could make all the money off of me if they rereleased smb1, 2 (with minor mechanic adjustments) 3, lost levels, and world in the NSMB format. Hell why they only released one for the DS is way beyond me. I'm a huge sucker for these games

PityOnU

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please do not take this as a comment on this title's worth or otherwise - I can fully appreciate the amount of work that must have gone into creating this. Cost vs. content is another topic altogether.

But...

I could have sworn this was supposed to be free at some point? Did I just misunderstand something somewhere along the line? I thought this was supposed to be a give-away for early adopters and as a celebration.

Walker D

I have a hat
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Doesn't seems that bad to me..

they also added Nabbit as a playable character, that I don't care too much, since he is freakin invincible o.o

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-