Hacking New run of Acekard 2.1's?

owmyballs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thesaint08 said:
Just received my 1st lot since the new ones that were sent to me.

I ordered on the 4th January, and they are the old clipped together AK's with the green PCB.

Where did you order these from?

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
HypnoSquid said:
mine is the green PCB with no clips. i bet they just had a few of the old PCBs and put them in new cases. not springloaded (good!!!)

the fixed 2.1 black pcb was also run off in a forest green color. the old ak2s have a light green color. those are the ones that were *fixed* and then originally given the 2.1 sticker.

@theforce81: the new kits have a new shell which has no clips. they removed the spring from the pcb. this includes the black/forest green 2.1s which are shipping in the new shell. the blue pcb has less mem for saves. this will not cause issues, it only helps to cut the cost. but it does make features like RTS impossible. the controller chip remains the same. the orignial light green ak2s which were fixed and rebranded as 2.1s are not shipping at all. acekard told me they have them in trash bins and are unsure what to do with them.

-another world

jjgp08

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.cyclods-evolution.com
XP
Country
Another World said:
HypnoSquid said:
mine is the green PCB with no clips. i bet they just had a few of the old PCBs and put them in new cases. not springloaded (good!!!)

the fixed 2.1 black pcb was also run off in a forest green color. the old ak2s have a light green color. those are the ones that were *fixed* and then originally given the 2.1 sticker.

@theforce81: the new kits have a new shell which has no clips. they removed the spring from the pcb. this includes the black/forest green 2.1s which are shipping in the new shell. the blue pcb has less mem for saves. this will not cause issues, it only helps to cut the cost. but it does make features like RTS impossible. the controller chip remains the same. the orignial light green ak2s which were fixed and rebranded as 2.1s are not shipping at all. acekard told me they have them in trash bins and are unsure what to do with them.

-another world

So which one would be the best one to try and get hold of?

ShaneC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jjgp08 said:
Another World said:
HypnoSquid said:

-another world

So which one would be the best one to try and get hold of?

I'd say any of them are "good" but the ones without clips are "better" - based solely on the physical construction.

jjgp08

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.cyclods-evolution.com
XP
Country
owmyballs said:
FocalPrice has changed their description on the AceKard's: DS Lite Ace Acekard 2 version 2.1 AK2 + TF Card Reader

http://www.focalprice.com/DS_Lite_Ace_Acek...N102X_2309.html

I ordered six on the 15th and my order progress shows that they have already shipped.

I'll update when I get them.

Just check out the Pics.

The AceKard photo. the 2.1 versions, have ver 2.1 on the sticker.

owmyballs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jjgp08 said:
owmyballs said:
FocalPrice has changed their description on the AceKard's: DS Lite Ace Acekard 2 version 2.1 AK2 + TF Card Reader

http://www.focalprice.com/DS_Lite_Ace_Acek...N102X_2309.html

I ordered six on the 15th and my order progress shows that they have already shipped.

I'll update when I get them.

Just check out the Pics.

The AceKard photo. the 2.1 versions, have ver 2.1 on the sticker.

Yep, the pics have had the original AcKard 2 stickers all along, I think they just haven't changed them.

There are a few threads here where people have called FocalPrice and confirmed that the cards they are shipping are the version 2.1 cards.

I think some people have said that they have received the black PCB clipped version from them.

I should know this week for sure, I expect to get the black clipped version but we'll see.

Just as long as they are the 2.1s will be fine with me especially at their price.

Koldur

Virtual Boy Ambassador
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Another World said:
HypnoSquid said:

-another world

Thanks for the info, I already thought so, but everyone was so psyched about the "new" ones that I was a bit confused and thought I missed something. Obviously it is just a hype and it is nothing important.

owmyballs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
with the acekard products, no. but it did save me $50 bucks with a clone r4 i was shipped once by *mistake* from realhotstuff. usually if a kit dies you just throw it out and buy another. this isn't the days of slot2 where everything cost over 150$.

-another world

xrM

Trophies
XP
Country
Should I order a ak2.1 now from dealextreme or wait till they restock to see if they have the new blue pcb version?

owmyballs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xrM said:
Should I order a ak2.1 now from dealextreme or wait till they restock to see if they have the new blue pcb version?
I would go with what you can get the quickest.
The best is a matter of preference since functionally they are the same.
I have received both the black and the blue PCB cards and there is not much difference.
I like the spring loaded TF slot and the feel of the glued case but neither one is a deal killer for me.
After all isn't the whole point of getting a card is to run the software?

jesterscourt

Not Brad.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got mine, the ones that shipped on the 14th. 2 2.1s with black PCBs, clips, and spring loaded MicroSD slot. It's like they didn't even try to put the sticker on straight. I guess we can't hope for that much for 6 bucks. Anyhow, loaded them up with AKAIO, seems to be working okay, although I did have one weird moment when I got a Guru Meditation error from switching skins.

ShAdOwFuRi

Trophies
XP
Country
jesterscourt said:
I just got mine, the ones that shipped on the 14th. 2 2.1s with black PCBs, clips, and spring loaded MicroSD slot. It's like they didn't even try to put the sticker on straight. I guess we can't hope for that much for 6 bucks. Anyhow, loaded them up with AKAIO, seems to be working okay, although I did have one weird moment when I got a Guru Meditation error from switching skins.

I guess that's proof that they're still getting rid of the black PCB stock... I think I'll wait till the blue PCB goes into full circulation =]

karmasore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just ordered one from DX today. looks like they are on back order until feb 10. i wonder if i should just cancel my order and get a dstt instead. they are in stock and roughly the same price...

thesaint08

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
karmasore said:
just ordered one from DX today. looks like they are on back order until feb 10. i wonder if i should just cancel my order and get a dstt instead. they are in stock and roughly the same price...

Personally, I would wait for the AK2 to come back in stock. The build quality of the DSTT is poor in comparison to most of the popular carts.

The DSTT are about half the price of the AK2, and this still doesn't tempt me to buy them.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :ohnoes: @NoiseCommander3DS Would you please turn down that noise. I haven't had my COFFEE yet... +1