Hacking New run of Acekard 2.1's?

Milkyway!

Trophies
XP
Country
Okay look. Like someone once said, dont judge a book by its cover. Coloured PBC's, so what? Its still working. Slanted sticker?Its a sticker. So if youre going to buy one , buy this new one.

Posts merged

turnstile said:
does it actually matter what color the PCB is, or is it just a consistency thing?

i just ordered an acekard 2.1 last december 28 and i'll report what i get. this is my first card ever-erer and i hope i won't be disappointed..
Think about it, its a colour.. just a colour. It might work perfectly more than others. It doesnt take a genius!
smile.gif

thesaint08

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Anakir said:
I hope the one I'm getting is legit. I just ordered from them as well. But, the status is still "waiting for supplier".. should I change it when I get the chance?

Edit: The one I ordered is now all out of stock.. I don't know. If I cancel my order now, I can't put an order on it 'cause the "Add to Cart" option won't be there.

Its this one: http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.11811

I originally had about 3 separate orders for Acekards, because of the long delay for shipping, I decided to keep one of the Acekard orders, and switch around the other two.
I contacted customer services and told them that I wanted to swap for Edge cards, instead of 5 Acekards, I got 3 Edge cards, and they gave me credit for the balance.

macaon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just received my AK2 (2.1) from DX today. It is also of this new batch and model (blue PCB, no clips), but I have not seen any 0b0b0b0b's when launching roms.
All in all the cart seems to be working just fine.

Trigger_Happy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I probably shouldn't have jumped to conclusions with an isolated issue. I won't mind the different AceKards as long as I don't get the 0b0b0b0b0b thing.

UltraMagnus

hic sunt dracones
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
well...... one could draw two conclusions.

1) TAK have finally listened to everyone whining about shabby build quality and improved it

2) someone has made a perfect replica of the AK2 and improved upon it

either way... I fail to see a problem.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
here you guys go. from now on if anyone asks please link to this post so that we can stop the confusion...

-another world

QUOTE said:
Subj: Re: ak2.1 - new shell and blue pcb??
Date: 09-01-05 11:22:38 EST
To: [email protected]

Hi It's real ak2.1. And those random characters, they're just a bug of the
new menu. We'll fix it in the next release.
We'll keep producing the old shell of ak2.1 and those new shell of ak2.1
as well. So there'll be 2 types of shell of ak2.1 in the market for a
while. Thanks.

Regards
Acekard

signz

Timelord
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I'm glad to hear that they are real. It is because I ordered one on 30. December.
Thank you for the info

Sephi

fool
Trophies
Website
nov.us.to
XP
Country
United States
I'm glad that the new hardware is real, and that the 0b0b0b0b thing was just a bug in the firmware, since I just ordered an AK2 from DX on December 27th, unfortunately, my order wasn't placed soon enough, and now I've gotten the back ordered ones that won't arrive until January 9th.

edit: I went ahead and put a tinyurl link to your post in the #GBAtemp.net IRC channel. http://tinyurl.com/New-AK2

VatoLoco

Don't crush that dwarf, hand me the pliers.
Trophies
Website
www.backwoodzstudioz.com
XP
Country
United States
smile.gif
Thanks for going straight to the source, and getting
the confusion settled, A.W.

Now i can rest assured that it wont be a clone i receive from DX.

It is kind of lame on Acekards part not to issue a statement at their site along with new pcb release,

especially w/all the card clones of r4, dstt and such

iggyzizzle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sephi said:
I'm glad that the new hardware is real, and that the 0b0b0b0b thing was just a bug in the firmware, since I just ordered an AK2 from DX on January 27th, unfortunately, my order wasn't placed soon enough, and now I've gotten the back ordered ones that won't arrive until January 9th.

edit: I went ahead and put a tinyurl link to your post in the #GBAtemp.net IRC channel. http://tinyurl.com/New-AK2

Wow, you ordered it a year ago and still haven't received it? DX really outdid themselves.
wink.gif

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
VatoLoco said:
smile.gif
Thanks for going straight to the source, and getting
the confusion settled, A.W.

Now i can rest assured that it wont be a clone i receive from DX.

It is kind of lame on Acekards part not to issue a statement at their site along with new pcb release,

especially w/all the card clones of r4, dstt and such

they never make official posts until after the fact, but usually like to get the news out. i expected as much that it was real and that they would let me know by today... which they did! =)

-another world

Chaykin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Great news! I'm very glad that they are real and I'm waiting for my parcel with 10 of 'em impatiently. :-) The blue PCB looks better IMO, but I prefered the spring loaded slot. I think I'm gonna ask TAK why they don't post such news on their website, all that commotion about "fake" AKs was really unnecessary.

Sephi

fool
Trophies
Website
nov.us.to
XP
Country
United States
iggyzizzle said:
Sephi said:
I'm glad that the new hardware is real, and that the 0b0b0b0b thing was just a bug in the firmware, since I just ordered an AK2 from DX on January 27th, unfortunately, my order wasn't placed soon enough, and now I've gotten the back ordered ones that won't arrive until January 9th.

Wow, you ordered it a year ago and still haven't received it? DX really outdid themselves.
wink.gif
I was rather tired since it was 2:49PM, and I had only been up for half an hour or so.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/7bH4YgV.mp4