Hacking New run of Acekard 2.1's?

ShAdOwFuRi

Trophies
XP
Country
SineWaveAu7 said:
Got the blue PCB Acekard 2.1 in my package from DX this morning. I didn't order it.
wtf.gif

I got all the other things I ordered, plus the AK2.1, lol. I've only ever owned an R4 card, and my girlfriend currently has my DSL+R4. Just a quick question, on AK's website they have OSv4.12 for the AK2.1 and OSv4.13 for the AK2i... does the OSv4.13 work on the AK2.1? Thanks.
biggrin.gif

Yes it does, the Acekard website states that it works for both Acekard 2i and Acekard 2

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
SineWaveAu7 said:
Got the blue PCB Acekard 2.1 in my package from DX this morning. I didn't order it.
wtf.gif

I got all the other things I ordered, plus the AK2.1, lol. I've only ever owned an R4 card, and my girlfriend currently has my DSL+R4. Just a quick question, on AK's website they have OSv4.12 for the AK2.1 and OSv4.13 for the AK2i... does the OSv4.13 work on the AK2.1? Thanks.
biggrin.gif

use AKAIO... you will thank yourself later. http://tinyurl.com/8ydyg9 (v1.3rc1)

the 4.12 loader will brick the ak2i for dsi functions. this problem was fixed later and already fixed in akaio.

-another world.

thesaint08

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
PharaohsVizier said:
If it's like the AceKard 2i, does it have a chip sticking out? Oo

PS. I ordered one a few days back, so hopefully I'll get to take some pics and such.

I originally thought that mine was an AK2i, but there isn't a protruding chip.

It feels a lot sturdier than the regular 2.1, it's only the Micro SD slot I am not happy with.

DSC00122.jpg

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
unknownworlder said:
Well, this sucks. I just got my acekard a month ago. I would have loved to have the glued casing.

I bet Superglue would do the trick.

Personally, I'm not sure I prefer the flash cart glued shut. It certainly makes it very difficult to take it apart without breaking it if you ever need to.

-Bri

deethebee

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
dood this sux i like the old one better here is my order

Order: placed on 12/25/2008 3:02:31 PM
(of current
shipment) On 1/2/2009:
Shipped

ive been ordering from dealextreme for a while and i dont hv a tracking # for this order(ugh)

when do u guys think i will get this order

I LIVE IN THE USA

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
More news from Acekard:

QUOTE said:
To: [email protected]
Sent: Tue, 6 Jan 2009 9:53 am
Subject: Re: ak2.1 - new shell and blue pcb??

Hi
There is no different:) We're producing two types of PCB.

Regards
Acekard

@deethebee: i'm on the east coast, it always takes about 5-10 days for it to get here when my status goes to "shipped." what you get will be random as all 3 versions are still available. the black pcb is still being produced in both the old and new shell. if you get a black or a blue you have the newest design. the new shell apparently is glued together and lacks a spring.

-another world

decayed.cell

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Dack said:
Just got some delivered from DX, and they too are like the card on the right, except the PCB is a blue colour.

Noticed they were different due to the USB adaptor though - the last ones I got were of the plastic 'flying V' design, whereas these are AceKard branded - much like the DSi model ones.

Haven't got around to checking them yet though.

Edit: Really does look like the R4 Ultra picture but with a different (AceKard) sticker on it.

sku_18311_3.jpg

Check closer - there are no curved wedges on the side of the cart. Someone will have to open up the Ultra and the new Acekard 2 to really figure out if it is a clone. Got two green PCB ones today they load AKAIO fine, will test official firmware later. Although I did notice that using the official loader in AKAIO doesn't cause my green PCB carts to display 0b0b0b0b

QUOTE(thesaint08 @ Jan 6 2009, 08:04 AM) Remember, that mine are green, not blue PCB's. So not all shipments will be blue PCB's.

The non spring loaded Micro SD slot is not very tight. When compared to my Edge card, it feels like it(Micro SD) could almost drop out.

Glad that it has been confirmed one way or the other.
smile.gif
Tight fit here using 2GB PNY microSDs

tonybologna

GO VOLS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
decayed.cell said:
Dack said:
Just got some delivered from DX, and they too are like the card on the right, except the PCB is a blue colour.

Noticed they were different due to the USB adaptor though - the last ones I got were of the plastic 'flying V' design, whereas these are AceKard branded - much like the DSi model ones.

Haven't got around to checking them yet though.

Edit: Really does look like the R4 Ultra picture but with a different (AceKard) sticker on it.

sku_18311_3.jpg

Check closer - there are no curved wedges on the side of the cart. Someone will have to open up the Ultra and the new Acekard 2 to really figure out if it is a clone. Got two green PCB ones today they load AKAIO fine, will test official firmware later. Although I did notice that using the official loader in AKAIO doesn't cause my green PCB carts to display 0b0b0b0b

QUOTE(thesaint08 @ Jan 6 2009, 08:04 AM) Remember, that mine are green, not blue PCB's. So not all shipments will be blue PCB's.

The non spring loaded Micro SD slot is not very tight. When compared to my Edge card, it feels like it(Micro SD) could almost drop out.

Glad that it has been confirmed one way or the other.
smile.gif
Tight fit here using 2GB PNY microSDs

It's already been confirmed that these new runs DON'T appear to be any clones even though people's concerns are understood. Thanks!
blink.gif

frozzted

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just a heads up for anyone wanting to order the Acekard 2.1's from DX.

A response someone has received from customer support:

"We are sorry for that the item 16142 has been stopped producing and there is no supply any longer. Would you please change it to another item or cancel it?"

My response from customer support:

"We have process the order for you,but we have checked that the item have stopped production,would you like to change to other item?"

tonybologna

GO VOLS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
frozzted said:

"We are sorry for that the item 16142 has been stopped producing and there is no supply any longer. Would you please change it to another item or cancel it?"

"We have process the order for you,but we have checked that the item have stopped production,would you like to change to other item?"

I don't think this is true! Here's a link to the Acekard 2.1 from DX: http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.16142

It's just temporarily sold out which happens quite often through DX. I wouldn't be alarmed. Thanks!
rolleyes.gif

If this is true about the Acekard 2.1 then DX is falsely advertising sold out.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
frozzted said:

i am in contact with team acekard on a daily basis right now due to a the review i am writing. they told me they are producing all 3 variations of the kit right now. eventually they will phase out to just the blue pcb and the new case.

i have delt with the customer service of DX on many occasions for both problems and simple questions. i have never received an engrish or poorly constructed grammatically incorrect statement from them. i believe that statement (who you said "someone" posted) is fake and made up.

before you post rumor constructed by user “someone,” please e-mail [email protected] and ask directly. false information spreads so quickly around the internet and in this case there is no need for it.

-another world

frozzted

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Another World said:
frozzted said:

i am in contact with team acekard on a daily basis right now due to a the review i am writing. they told me they are producing all 3 variations of the kit right now. eventually they will phase out to just the blue pcb and the new case.

i have delt with the customer service of DX on many occasions for both problems and simple questions. i have never received an engrish or poorly constructed grammatically incorrect statement from them. i believe that statement (who you said "someone" posted) is fake and made up.

before you post rumor constructed by user “someone,” please e-mail [email protected] and ask directly. false information spreads so quickly around the internet and in this case there is no need for it.

-another world

I apologize for the way my post sounded. I didn't mean that Team Acekard has stopped producing Acekard's 2.1 and I'm not trying to spread misinformation.

I just wanted to let people know that DX sounded like they wouldn't be getting them in stock anytime soon. I was just reporting what I saw on DX's website, as well as the reply I received back from customer service about my order.

Anyway, here is the direct link where I copied/pasted the respone that another person received: DX thread

**Edit** It's the one with the topic "Stock?"

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
i am assuming that DX not only had a huge volume of sales right before the holidays but that the announcement of the blue pcb resulted in increased sales. most of the people i have talked to are placing orders of 10 or more of the 2.1 in the hope of receiving the blue pcb kit.

dx will change the stock to "unavailable" or something along those lines when they no longer carry the product. i would not worry. the ak2.1 are still being produced, but you might have to wait it out until the order you placed is in stock.

-another world

Moose13

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are a few games that people, including myslef, will not allow multiplay between two Acekard 2's.
Mario Kart and N+ are two that I know for sure I can't get working. A bunch of others I have no problems with.

I've tried multiple comibinations of 2.1 cards (black and green boards) and multiple different brands of SDHC's.
All give the same problem. The game tries to connect then loses connection right away. There's a few topics on the board about this already.

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=110720

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=93872

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Remember when RiiShop was a thing?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    not really
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It got shutdown because somebody "accidentally" leaked the database for the amount of people using the beta.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    RiiShop is the laziest way of downloading Wii games. Did somebody not think of this through?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    although i ended up accidentally changing my nand with no way of going back bc i didn't know you needed a gamecube controller to restore it (i have a wii minus/1.1, which doesn't have gamecube controller support)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, I think you're talking about the recovery mode that the SaveMii used, and also was to restore softbricked systems.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    If your NAND was hardbricked, then just buy another Wii. Or go with the dirty NAND flasher method.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    and if i find the sd card i have my NAND backed up on, i can not only restore the NAND if i solder the right part in, but i can also put my NAND on dolphin, then i can play dolphin online, like PMEX Remix or MKWii Riibalanced
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Brb
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, Oh yeah, that was a thing too. Dolphin does support Wiimmfi.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    yeah you just need to put your NAND backup with wiimmfi on it
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ngl i feel like if a bunch of my friends have wiis and know how to get wiimmfi and back up their NAND, then we could do a PMEX Remix tournament
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    maybe even add UMVC3/DBFZ and make it a biathlon/triathlon
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Too bad Excite Truck wasn't multi player :(
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Loved that game lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, sorry for the stupid suggestion I had in that thread
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its fine
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    what thread?